U.S. Probably At Point Of No Return If Obama Wins

FDR gave us social security which saved a lot of people from poverty. What's wrong with being on the left if left wing policies can keep people from dire poverty?

It's only been one lifetime since FDR foisted this on EVERYONE. And the "premium" has gone up from 4% of salary to 12%. The caps have jacked sky-high. Congress STOLE $TRILLS from the fictional Trust Fund and Obama is now stealing FICA premiums so that he can give the little guy (who doesn't pay anything into the General Fund) a tax break.

The FEDS have demonstrated a complete INABILITY to manage and run a program like this. Current TAXPAYERS (who pay INCOME TAX --- a rare breed) are gonna have to pay TWICE for the stolen SS Surpluses plus DOUBLE interest. While the 47% pays NOTHING for the larceny.

Democrats want to turn FDR UNIVERSAL program into just another entitlement by raising the caps further and having 1/2 the folks take a loss on the program.

FDR would come at you from the grave with a meat cleaver if he ever saw what has happened to his creation.. And YOU FOLKS are never gonna talk us into UNIVERSAL ANYTHING ever again...

FDR gave us social security which saved a lot of people from poverty. What's wrong with being on the left if left wing policies can keep people from dire poverty?

It's only been one lifetime since FDR foisted this on EVERYONE. And the "premium" has gone up from 4% of salary to 12%. The caps have jacked sky-high. Congress STOLE $TRILLS from the fictional Trust Fund and Obama is now stealing FICA premiums so that he can give the little guy (who doesn't pay anything into the General Fund) a tax break.

The FEDS have demonstrated a complete INABILITY to manage and run a program like this. Current TAXPAYERS (who pay INCOME TAX --- a rare breed) are gonna have to pay TWICE for the stolen SS Surpluses plus DOUBLE interest. While the 47% pays NOTHING for the larceny.

Democrats want to turn FDR UNIVERSAL program into just another entitlement by raising the caps further and having 1/2 the folks take a loss on the program.

FDR would come at you from the grave with a meat cleaver if he ever saw what has happened to his creation.. And YOU FOLKS are never gonna talk us into UNIVERSAL ANYTHING ever again...

In spite of opposition from conservatives, Social Security has been a major success for 75 years

Prior to Social Security, people worked until they were no longer able. Retirement plans meant that you had 6-8 kids in the hope that one would take you in when you were sick and no longer able to work

Republicans have been trying to kill Social Security since it's inception

In spite of opposition from conservatives, Social Security has been a major success for 75 years

Prior to Social Security, people worked until they were no longer able. Retirement plans meant that you had 6-8 kids in the hope that one would take you in when you were sick and no longer able to work

For you to ignore EVERY POINT I STATED is breathtaking.. ESPECIALLY the gross larcenies committed on the program by Congress and the current Prez. Made worse by the fact that the theft came most frequently from the working poor.

Probably close to 1/2 of Americans still don't know the Trust Fund has nothing of value in it --- because they've lied to for so long.

If the object was to protect workers with NO means of retirement support --- we could have done that with JUST the employer contributed portion and means testing. Let everyone else the hell out. The theatre of "all of us in it together" really falls apart when you look at how a UNIVERSAL program is gonna end up being nothing more than a redistributionist welfare scheme by the time this crisis hits.

Neccesary??? Yeah probably.. But not neccesarily in its current form. And EVEN FDR would be pulling the plug on the current mess and CTL-ALT-DEL the program.

Last edited:

Social security is unsustainable in it's current form. And your guy has proffered no plan for fixing it.

For you to ignore EVERY POINT I STATED is breathtaking.. ESPECIALLY the gross larcenies committed on the program by Congress and the current Prez. Made worse by the fact that the theft came most frequently from the working poor.

Probably close to 1/2 of Americans still don't know the Trust Fund has nothing of value in it --- because they've lied to for so long.

If the object was to protect workers with NO means of retirement support --- we could have done that with JUST the employer contributed portion and means testing. Let everyone else the hell out. The theatre of "all of us in it together" really falls apart when you look at how a UNIVERSAL program is gonna end up being nothing more than a redistributionist welfare scheme by the time this crisis hits.

Neccesary??? Yeah probably.. But not neccesarily in its current form. And EVEN FDR would be pulling the plug on the current mess and CTL-ALT-DEL the program.

Social Security has been working for 75 years in spite of Conservative predictions of gloom and doom. Yea...you can point to some glitches and it can use some minor revisions to the retirement age

But as much as you bitch...Social Security works and will continue to work

And yes, FDR would be thrilled with Social Security after 75 years just like Obama would be thrilled with Obamacare after 75 years

Social security is unsustainable in it's current form. And your guy has proffered no plan for fixing it.

Simple fix...raise the retirement age to 70

Yeah that way poor seniors will be forced to work 5 more years or eat dog kibble.

Or maybe if you're lucky --- Enough of them will die off between 65 and 70 so that you write the checks without bouncing them...

Yeah --- you got ALL the fixes don'tcha?

Last edited:

Social Security has been working for 75 years in spite of Conservative predictions of gloom and doom. Yea...you can point to some glitches and it can use some minor revisions to the retirement age

But as much as you bitch...Social Security works and will continue to work

And yes, FDR would be thrilled with Social Security after 75 years just like Obama would be thrilled with Obamacare after 75 years

You really don't live in the REAL world do you? Soc Sec is BROKE NOW.. Six years ahead of projections (thanx to OBama) and is costing the 53% that actually pay income tax another $40Bil per year since 2010 !!!!!! Every ONE of those $40BILL carries interest payments because it's largely borrowed.

I'm gonna have a hard time respecting you evaluation of "working" in the future..
ESPECIALLY with 10,000 workers A DAY retiring now. Won't be long before the "Soc Sec is fine" crowd will fit in a single Starbucks.

Is that your proposal or is it Obama's? :eusa_eh:

Hey RightWinger --- Sewer Worker ... Yeah you compassionate SOB...

Who has the back-breaking physically demanding jobs????

OH YEAH --- It's the working poor..

My guess is your "simple fix" is gonna put half the population between 65 and 70 on disability...

Social Security works, has been working for 75 years and is not going away

It is part of our social contract and in spite of Conservative whining and bitching...Seniors love it

Social Security works, has been working for 75 years and is not going away

It is part of our social contract and in spite of Conservative whining and bitching...Seniors love it

We don't have a "social contract". We have a U.S. Constitution. And we all know that the only way FDR got Social Security past was by threatening to pack the Supreme Court, and that Medicare followed along on that precedent.

Now, I'm not saying that we should pull the rug out from under people who've paid throughout their working careers and counted on these programs for retirement, AND NEITHER ARE REPUBLICANS. But entitlements eat up two-thirds of our federal budget. That is NOT sustainable. Barack Obama hasn't even put forth a budget, let alone a real plan for reform. As far as I can tell, Obama's plan is to wait until the checks stop coming to the mailbox and doctors stop treating elderly patients and THEN admit we've got a problem. :rolleyes:

This is definitively the most important election ever.
While I agree with that... Someone should have told the republican party that before they started fucking over and insulting the independents.

Exactly when did that happen? You are aware Obama gave a speech to fund raisers where he stated he was NEVER going to get 40 percent of the vote.
Oh my god... Go read that thread again.

And Ohh look, the Press is not running the story.
I'm sorry. Right now I feel like being very disrespectful to you. Please... Go read the thread that you got that information from again.

Edit: Here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...iser-and-look-what-he-said-2.html#post6027065

Last edited:

Somewhere around the turn of the last century, the country turned left, and picked up speed when FDR came along. It can change back, but it'll take a major catastrophe worse than the 1930s depression to restore fiscal sanity and personal responsibility. Pretty sure I'll be dead before that happens.

The SS program ain't that bad, but it's gotta be adjusted to be sustainable. Back when it was first started, people didn't live that long, and we had quite a few payers in for each retiree taking out. Now we got people living 20-30 years after they retire, and only a few payers for each taker. So, we need to bump up the retirement age, change the COLA, add means testing, increase the tax rate or the ceiling for income you pay the SS tax on. Some combination that makes it sustainable for the next 40-50 years.

My only problem with the lefties is that they will not make the hard choices in entitlement cuts so that we are not blowing out the budget with trillion dollar plus deficits. We can't be spending money that we ain't got, adding to the debt that future generations will have to deal with. That is unconscionable. If you wanna bitch about revenue, fine, but the 80 billion dollars a year or so you'll get from letting the Bush tax cuts expire on the top 2% ain't going to come close to solving the deficit problem. All my life I have lived within my means, I've always believed it was irresponsible to do otherwise. And I feel the same way about my gov't.

A democratically elected president, no matter how unpalatable to you, is a rebellion/invasion?

Pull your head out of your ass, shit for brains.

My allegiance is to America. Presidents come and go. They are a temporary thing. America isn't.

Clearly, your allegiance is to yourself, and not to your country.

You sicken me.

I am SOOOOO glad to have that effect on you. Imagine my sense of power, knowing that I can sicken you by the mere power of my words.

Hitler was democratically elected. Hugo Chavez was democratically elected. Julius Cesar was democratically elected. Dictators are normally democratically elected.

If your allegiance is to the country and not the president, then what do you do with a president that is hostile the nation? The topic is that America is at a tipping point. Tipping point of what? More greatness? Get real and stop sniffing obama's farts.

Hitler was appointed chancellor. Dictators don't give up power. Only a fool would think that if the President doesn't win in Nov. he would try to stay in office.

Unfortunately, I remember hearing the same stupid shit from ultra leftists about GW, that he was going to crown himself King and call for martial law so that he could stay in power. We just really need to learn to put these fanatics on ignore, regardless of which side of the fence they are on.

This is not only the simplest fix, it is the most logical. I have been saying this for a very long time. It also needs to be done with Medicare. Neither of these programs were meant to be the main support of seniors for so many years. There obviously will be issues in raising the retirement age as some people are not capable of working to 70 due to physical ailments. But that too can be dealt with through disability. And for anyone who really wants to retire at an earlier age, the answer is simple, do it on your own savings.

Here is the beauty of raising the retirement age; it reduces the number of years that people collect and it increases the number of years that they pay in. It's a double whammy to the good. More importantly, it keeps full benefits in effect through the end of a person's lifetime, and makes them responsible for funding their own lives prior to retirement when they are actually still capable of doing so. In comparison to Ryan's Medicare plan that would require retirees to fund some of their own healthcare, and a big portion of it down the road, raising the retirement age makes so much more sense.

BTW, my father is 75 years old, and he still works full-time.

If obama wins, the only option for Americans will be a military coup, most likely with the assistance of some foreign government. The other option isn't for Americans, but would be for some greater power to step in and take control of a chaotic government. We could easily become a protectorate of a creditor nation who intends to preserve the assets of the country to protect their own interests.

How fascinating. You are talking treason, of course. Last time people didn't like the duly elected President of the United States, they started a war and got their pee pee's whacked. You are in the same category of stupidity.

I cant believe I actually agree with bodey...fuck miracles do happen

On some things, all Americans should be united, regardless of party affiliation. And, if this fuckwit actually follows through on his blustering e-badassery, he'll learn that the hard way.

Unfortunately, I remember hearing the same stupid shit from ultra leftists about GW, that he was going to crown himself King and call for martial law so that he could stay in power. We just really need to learn to put these fanatics on ignore, regardless of which side of the fence they are on.

And it was just as stupid then as it is now, and deserves the same ass-kicking rebuke it did then.

I can't believe grown people acting like spoiled toddlers and urging civil war because their team didn't win.

This is not only the simplest fix, it is the most logical. I have been saying this for a very long time. It also needs to be done with Medicare. Neither of these programs were meant to be the main support of seniors for so many years. There obviously will be issues in raising the retirement age as some people are not capable of working to 70 due to physical ailments. But that too can be dealt with through disability. And for anyone who really wants to retire at an earlier age, the answer is simple, do it on your own savings.

Here is the beauty of raising the retirement age; it reduces the number of years that people collect and it increases the number of years that they pay in. It's a double whammy to the good. More importantly, it keeps full benefits in effect through the end of a person's lifetime, and makes them responsible for funding their own lives prior to retirement when they are actually still capable of doing so. In comparison to Ryan's Medicare plan that would require retirees to fund some of their own healthcare, and a big portion of it down the road, raising the retirement age makes so much more sense.

BTW, my father is 75 years old, and he still works full-time.

It also takes into consideration that people live longer, healthier lives these days than they did when these programs were implemented, thanks to technological advances in medicine and other areas. Ignoring that is simply stupid.

Forum List

Back