U.S. job openings fell by the most in nearly 2-1/2 years in August,

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

U.S. job openings drop sharply, labor market starting to loosen​

WASHINGTON, Oct 4 (Reuters) - U.S. job openings fell by the most in nearly 2-1/2 years in August, suggesting that the labor market was starting to cool as the economy grapples with higher interest rates aimed at dampening demand and taming inflation.

Despite the fifth month of decreases in job openings this year reported by the Labor Department in its Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, or JOLTS report, on Tuesday, vacancies remained above 10 million for the 14th straight month.

1.7 job openings for every unemployed person in the country....wow that is just terrible.

Job vacancies remained above 10 million.

How will we survive such a massive job shortage?

Laugh now, cry later.

Laugh now, laugh more later.

I have a job, I will not lose my job. The wife has a job, her's is just about the most recession proof job in the country.

Just closed on our new house today, movers come tomorrow.

Life is fucking great in the Gator House!

Inflation, higher interest rates, lower supply, higher fuel prices, lower value of the dollar. All those things will result in fewer jobs.

Anyone who knows anything about running a business is the biggest cost to a company is it's employees. So when money becomes an issue the first thing they look at is cutting the employees.

Forum List

Back