60K home-purchase agreements across the U.S. were canceled in August.....15.7% of homes that went under contract!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

U.S. home purchases are getting scrapped at the highest rate in nearly a year as the highest mortgage rates in more than two decades aer giving homebuyers “cold feet,” online real estate brokerage Redfin (RDFN) reported this past week.

Almost 60K home-purchase agreements across the U.S. were canceled in August, the Friday report said. That’s equivalent to 15.7% of homes that went under contract last month, vs. 14.3% a year before, marking the highest share of cancellations since October.

LOL....I guess "bust a deal, face the wheel" is not really a thing. ;)

Jokes aside I hear that around my AO they're coming back with bad inspection reports and getting backed out of due to being in disrepair because so many were rentals.....Dumb-shit NOtVA transplants are putting contracts on them sight unseen as soon as they hit the market.

That said, if the plan is to destroy the middle class and force people into high population density rentals to free up property for Blackrock etc to swoop in on then things are going swimmingly to plan.

U.S. home purchases are getting scrapped at the highest rate in nearly a year as the highest mortgage rates in more than two decades aer giving homebuyers “cold feet,” online real estate brokerage Redfin (RDFN) reported this past week.

Almost 60K home-purchase agreements across the U.S. were canceled in August, the Friday report said. That’s equivalent to 15.7% of homes that went under contract last month, vs. 14.3% a year before, marking the highest share of cancellations since October.

Jokes aside I hear that around my AO they're coming back with bad inspection reports and getting backed out of due to being in disrepair because so many were rentals.....Dumb-shit NOtVA transplants are putting contracts on them sight unseen as soon as they hit the market.

That said, if the plan is to destroy the middle class and force people into high population density rentals to free up property for Blackrock etc to swoop in on then things are going swimmingly to plan.
And the usual suspects jump in and neg you without bothering to check on this themselves. They don't want you spreading rumors.

Pretty much shows you exactly where they're coming from.

But....but....but....the economy is great!

We don't need young married couples buying houses unless they are both working and pulling in 6 figures per person. If they want kids they need another 100 grand. Otherwise wait and don't have kids.

Forum List

Back