U.S. Can't account for cash

So you don't think democrats are used just as much by corporate interests as republicans?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No I don't. But that's not the point of this thread. I believe the USSC really fucked up in the Citizens United v. FEC matter - well, the five conservatives did anyway. If you object to "corporate interests" you must agree. That, however, is for another thread.

No I don't agree, at all. But like you said that's for another thread.

The point of the thread is that Bush allowed corporate interests to fuck America with our own tax dollars.

I said indeed he did. So why should we let the federal government spend more of our tax dollars to fuck us over?

I'll wait.

Of course not. Which is why you should not vote for tea party Republicans. Those leading the 'tea party' are nothing more than very conservative Republicans running away from the Elephant brand because it's reputation was badly damaged by Bush/Cheney and the Neo-Cons.
They are the same people who fucked up our economy and the world in eight short years.

And yet, despite this, the cold, hard, independently documented fact is that Pelosi's congress is less ethical and transparent than the previous one.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Pelosi's congress is more corrupt? The US has deteriorated in its ethics in 2009/10? Where's the outrage from the left about this?

To be fair, the liberal outrage is the same place the conservative outrage was when Bush was in office. Sadly, it doesn't exist.

The previous congress was more ethical than the current one. Just sayin.

And yet, despite this, the cold, hard, independently documented fact is that Pelosi's congress is less ethical and transparent than the previous one.

Who'd have thunk that?

I was shocked!

Shocked!

SHOCKED, I tell ya!

Pelosi's congress is more corrupt? The US has deteriorated in its ethics in 2009/10? Where's the outrage from the left about this?

To be fair, the liberal outrage is the same place the conservative outrage was when Bush was in office. Sadly, it doesn't exist.

The previous congress was more ethical than the current one. Just sayin.

The Congress of Tom Delay and his bud Jack Abramhoff was less corrupt? What you smoking CG?

The U.S. Government knows it awarded nearly $18 billion in contracts for rebuilding Afghanistan over the past three years but it can't account for spending before 2007.

Funny, one more myth exploded. The party of 'fiscal conservatives' had control of the White House and the Congress when YOUR tax dollars went missing.

For those who like to be informed, please see the link below. For the willfully ignorant, you are now able to sidetrack this thread with your usual idiotgrams (a shout-out to CrusaderFrank and the echo chamber).

U.S. can't untangle billions in Bush-era Afghan spending | McClatchy

"Data got better from 2007 on," said Susan Phalen, a spokeswoman with SIGAR, "but it remains to be seen whether we'll ever know how much U.S. agencies spent overall."

And what was different beginning in 2007? The Democrats controlled the Congress.

What exactly did the Democrats do in 2007 to correct this problem? Why didn't they do it before 2007 if they knew there was a problem?

Maybe they didn't know, maybe no-bid contracts were off the books. Maybe not having the power to set an agenda, or conduct investigation, or have committee chairs and the power of subpoena prevented them from correcting the problem.

The U.S. Government knows it awarded nearly $18 billion in contracts for rebuilding Afghanistan over the past three years but it can't account for spending before 2007.

Funny, one more myth exploded. The party of 'fiscal conservatives' had control of the White House and the Congress when YOUR tax dollars went missing.

For those who like to be informed, please see the link below. For the willfully ignorant, you are now able to sidetrack this thread with your usual idiotgrams (a shout-out to CrusaderFrank and the echo chamber).

"Data got better from 2007 on," said Susan Phalen, a spokeswoman with SIGAR, "but it remains to be seen whether we'll ever know how much U.S. agencies spent overall."

And what was different beginning in 2007? The Democrats controlled the Congress.

What exactly did the Democrats do in 2007 to correct this problem? Why didn't they do it before 2007 if they knew there was a problem?

Maybe they didn't know, maybe no-bid contracts were off the books. Maybe not having the power to set an agenda, or conduct investigation, or have committee chairs and the power of subpoena prevented them from correcting the problem.

What exactly did the Democrats do in 2007 to correct this problem?

Now why do you suppose Haliburton moved to Dubai? Wouldn't have a thing to do with the fact that Dubai has no extradition treaty with the US would it?

Cheney and his pals made tens of billions off of the blood of our sons and daughters.

This can't be stressed more.

The Bush administration was shipping cash..US Dollars..to Iraq on Pallets. In Cargo Planes. It was unbelievable.

No I don't. But that's not the point of this thread. I believe the USSC really fucked up in the Citizens United v. FEC matter - well, the five conservatives did anyway. If you object to "corporate interests" you must agree. That, however, is for another thread.

No I don't agree, at all. But like you said that's for another thread.

The point of the thread is that Bush allowed corporate interests to fuck America with our own tax dollars.

I said indeed he did. So why should we let the federal government spend more of our tax dollars to fuck us over?

I'll wait.

Of course not. Which is why you should not vote for tea party Republicans. Those leading the 'tea party' are nothing more than very conservative Republicans running away from the Elephant brand because it's reputation was badly damaged by Bush/Cheney and the Neo-Cons.
They are the same people who fucked up our economy and the world in eight short years.

How you can regurgitate hogwash like that and then accuse someone else of being a partisan hack, both in the same thread, is pretty pathetic.

Now why do you suppose Haliburton moved to Dubai? Wouldn't have a thing to do with the fact that Dubai has no extradition treaty with the US would it?

Cheney and his pals made tens of billions off of the blood of our sons and daughters.

Just do not let Haliburton come back to the USA when things turn bad for them over there.

How much was spent prior to 07?

The article says it's accounted for $18 billion since then.

Yeh big government is a mess.....so why is it the Libs want bigger and bigger government.
If you watched any of the sessions of congress when the health care debate was going on they showed a chart of all the bureaucracy that will be created with health care.:lol:

And so we voted them out.

Yet, it hasn't stopped. Money is still disappearing. The debt is still growing. The economy is still falling apart.

Fail.

Still waiting for an answer to this one.

That was Bin Laden's pay for doing Bush a Favor and starting a war for him to get the peoples eye off his failed presidency

Well, I'm pretty certain putting everything in the budget was the first big step, and releasing the Special Inspectors Report, linked below is an example of transparency not available during the Bush/Cheney Adminsitration.

Special Inspectors Report on Afghanistan spending - Google Search

Well, I'm pretty certain putting everything in the budget was the first big step, and releasing the Special Inspectors Report, linked below is an example of transparency not available during the Bush/Cheney Adminsitration.

Special Inspectors Report on Afghanistan spending - Google Search

Report: US agencies don't track Afghan spending

By BRETT J. BLACKLEDGE
The Associated Press
Wednesday, October 27, 2010; 2:55 PM

WASHINGTON -- A new government report says the U.S. agencies spending the most in Afghanistan can't easily show where their money goes.

The special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction also found federal agencies still aren't tracking their contracts in a shared database.

Link

Basically, when you claim that the Democrats did "something" in 2007, you can't point to anything at all, and the most recent report shows that the same thing that you were complaining about before is still going on. Looks to me like the same bad accounting is going on, only now it's different because the Democrats are in charge.

Tell me again exactly what the Democrats did in 2007 to make things better?

So... we want to trust the feds with our health care and social security, why??

Think about your post. The "feds" at the time were Republicans. The thieves appear to be private companies who took taxpayer money and used it for themselves, not the authorized purpose. The R's were either incompetent, dishonest or both.
Today the R's hope to gain power, and abolish social security and medicare, giving the same private sector an opportunity to rip off the American taxpayer once again.

and the Democrats are going to take care of our asses and not rip us off?....boy they stuck a flag in your ass....

Forum List

Back