Tyre Nichols? How about supporting cops.

dimensional

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2023
Everybody seems to enjoy coming down on the cops. But do any of you ever stop to consider the difficult and dangerous job they do? All those who are against the cops would be shitting bricks if they weren't around. And just look at the case of Tyre Nichols. Did he deserve to be beaten as severely as he was? Maybe not. But did he deserve to be beaten? Definitely! If you are going to resist the police, you get what you get. I saw both the videos. In the first body cam video, he wouldn't let the cops cuff him. If he had, none of the rest would have followed. From what I saw of the first video, they did manage to get cuffs on one of his hands. Before he broke free and took off.

Then there is the second video taken from a camera on the top of a pole when the cops caught him again. In none of it was he allowing the cops to cuff him again. Despite the beatings. Apparently the cops got fed up, stood him up and really beat him. I doubt very much if they wanted to beat him to the point that he would die 3 days later. But if you play that game, you take your chances. Like it or not, suspects don't get to decide on whether or not they get arrested. On that last point, do you agree or disagree.

Cops may not be your friends. But, neither is the checkout lady at Costco, or the barrista who makes your latte, or they guy who delivers your Amazon packages.

They do a job. Some jobs are harder than others but your life would less comfortable without them.

A world without police sounds idyllic to some people. I've spoken with people who truly believe that in a world without cops, their lives and their property would be protected just by virtue of them being "one of the good guys".

I won't debate whether that is true because I don't want to burst anyone's idyllic bubble version of reality. But ...

... if you REALLY think the world with a better place without police, I certainly hope you don't call them if you ever find yourself in danger.

Everybody seems to enjoy coming down on the cops. But do any of you ever stop to consider the difficult and dangerous job they do? All those who are against the cops would be shitting bricks if they weren't around. And just look at the case of Tyre Nichols. Did he deserve to be beaten as severely as he was? Maybe not. But did he deserve to be beaten? Definitely! If you are going to resist the police, you get what you get. I saw both the videos. In the first body cam video, he wouldn't let the cops cuff him. If he had, none of the rest would have followed. From what I saw of the first video, they did manage to get cuffs on one of his hands. Before he broke free and took off.

Then there is the second video taken from a camera on the top of a pole when the cops caught him again. In none of it was he allowing the cops to cuff him again. Despite the beatings. Apparently the cops got fed up, stood him up and really beat him. I doubt very much if they wanted to beat him to the point that he would die 3 days later. But if you play that game, you take your chances. Like it or not, suspects don't get to decide on whether or not they get arrested. On that last point, do you agree or disagree.
nothing tyre did justifies being beaten to death,,

I guess you havent heard but this is looking like a hit job of one of the cops, he sent a picture of tyre after the beating to his babys momma that just happened to be tyres girlfriend,,

how about you stop being a bootlicker and stick the the facts and reality??

Yes, I feel for the cops. They're doing a difficult job often in dangerous circumstances because the people and politicians seems to want to do nothing about it.
Because it's dangerous, the police have become overly aggressive. Cops are trained as if they're going into Fallujah. This then leads to more problems.
The cops themselves wouldn't be in such situations if the police forces were reformed. They need to be more professional and the politicians need to do their jobs properly.

• Banned
Cops may not be your friends. But, neither is the checkout lady at Costco, or the barrista who makes your latte, or they guy who delivers your Amazon packages.

They do a job. Some jobs are harder than others but your life would less comfortable without them.

A world without police sounds idyllic to some people. I've spoken with people who truly believe that in a world without cops, their lives and their property would be protected just by virtue of them being "one of the good guys".

I won't debate whether that is true because I don't want to burst anyone's idyllic bubble version of reality. But ...

... if you REALLY think the world with a better place without police, I certainly hope you don't call them if you ever find yourself in danger.

I remember hearing about one black guy some time ago who was all against the police. Until he got shot. Guess who they called! And I have some advice for you. Burst them bubbles. Being delusional serves nobody.

nothing tyre did justifies being beaten to death,,

I guess you havent heard but this is looking like a hit job of one of the cops, he sent a picture of tyre after the beating to his babys momma that just happened to be tyres girlfriend,,

how about you stop being a bootlicker and stick the the facts and reality??

I never said he deserved to be beaten to death. Though he wasn't actually beaten to death. If he was, he would have died then and there. But he did deserve to be beaten. How are you unable to understand those facts and reality. The cops have a rotten and dangerous job to do. All the time they have to deal with the worst that society has to throw at them. No doubt they don't like it when somebody like tyre makes their job more difficult. And if they knew that he would eventually die, I doubt of any of the cops would have taken a selfie or whatever with his beaten body.

You are wrong. Cops are law enforcement. It’s not a cop’s job to punish offenders, merely to apprehend them.

I never said he deserved to be beaten to death. Though he wasn't actually beaten to death. If he was, he would have died then and there. But he did deserve to be beaten. How are you unable to understand those facts and reality. The cops have a rotten and dangerous job to do. All the time they have to deal with the worst that society has to throw at them. No doubt they don't like it when somebody like tyre makes their job more difficult. And if they knew that he would eventually die, I doubt of any of the cops would have taken a selfie or whatever with his beaten body.
HOLY FUCK!!!
are you saying he didnt die from the beating they gave him??
if not then what killed him??

a lot of these incidents can be avoid if these people that run from police would just follow instructions when they are been questioned or detained. they can argue their point in court. But there are so many runners out there.

a lot of these incidents can be avoid if these people that run from police would just follow instructions when they are been questioned or detained. they can argue their point in court. But there are so many runners out there.
are you saying running from cops or not answering their questions is justification for beating them to death??

this is not about justification. It is about you doing what you need to do to avoid getting into a bad situation.
of course its about justification,, you just dont want it to be cause youre the typical nazi fuck that wants a police state,,,

one of your flaws is you think people have money to hire a lawyer to fight it in court,, more so when it can run into the tens of thousands,,

you might want to go watch some of the 1st amendment auditors that show most cops dont even know what the laws are let alone the constitution,,

now in this case since its looking like a hit job by one of the cops tyre might have seen that it was his girlfriends baby daddy on top of him and decide to run instead of being beaten to death,,

Forum List

Back