Tyre Nichols body cam footage

What you're not grasping is that the idea is so asinine that it's beyond comprehension. Just yelling "but racism" doesnt make something racist.

The officers superiors say they can find no justification to support him getting pulled over. He was pulled over because he was a young black man driving after dark.

The officers superiors say they can find no justification to support him getting pulled over. He was pulled over because he was a young black man driving after dark.

You're making some wild assumptions. How would those officer's superiors have proof of erratic driving? That's something the officer on scene just witnesses. Were the officer's superiors there?

There are thousands of young black men driving around after dark every day in Memphis. Did these officers have some history of pulling over black drivers who had done nothing? Is there some proof that this is anything other than 5 people who got wildly out of hand and did a terrible thing? And when I say proof I dont mean the "systemic racism" ghost in the machine rhetoric either.

You're making some wild assumptions. How would those officer's superiors have proof of erratic driving?

Footage from the cruisers.

Calls made prior to a stop.

That's something the officer on scene just witnesses. Were the officer's superiors there?

There are thousands of young black men driving around after dark every day in Memphis. Did these officers have some history of pulling over black drivers who had done nothing? Is there some proof that this is anything other than 5 people who got wildly out of hand and did a terrible thing? And when I say proof I dont mean the "systemic racism" ghost in the machine rhetoric either.

The police chief had to disband a similar group in Atlanta because of the amount of violence they were inflicting and because of unconstitutional searches.

Nobody ever answered my question: If police cannot subdue a suspect even using mace and a taser, what are they supposed to do outside of using physical force?
I did answer your question. If five police officers can’t handle a single 145-pound guy, then they have no business being police officers. What they’re supposed to do is get him under control without beating him to death, or go find another job.

You’re the one who keeps avoiding my question. If a person is not complying with police, does that give police permission to beat the person to death?

I did answer your question. If five police officers can’t handle a single 145-pound guy, then they have no business being police officers. What they’re supposed to do is get him under control without beating him to death, or go find another job.

You’re the one who keeps avoiding my question. If a person is not complying with police, does that give police permission to beat the person to death?

It gives them permission to beat them, yes. To death, again, you keep saying that as if they planned it.

Footage from the cruisers.

Calls made prior to a stop.

The police chief had to disband a similar group in Atlanta because of the amount of violence they were inflicting and because of unconstitutional searches.
The cameras on the cruiser only show what's directly infront of the car. Not what the officer can see to the side behind in the lane going the opposite direction. And I find it hard to believe they didnt radio in that they were pulling someone over.

The cameras on the cruiser only show what's directly infront of the car. Not what the officer can see to the side behind in the lane going the opposite direction. And I find it hard to believe they didnt radio in that they were pulling someone over.

Me too. And it would seem nothing was said about "reckless driving".

"We tried to get him to stop," an officer can be heard saying. "He didn’t stop."

He claims that he tried the sirens and repeatedly ordered Nichols to stop to no avail. None of the video released Friday includes any actions that indicate why police made the initial stop.

"He drove around, swerved like he was gonna hit my car," the officer says. "Then I’m like God damn like what are we doing? He pulled up to the red light, stopped at the red light. Put his turn signal on. So we jumped out the car, s--- went from there."

**********He did not pull over and stop as ordered. This is how you get yanked out of a car.
**********He refused to put his hands behind his back.....all the way up to running off.
**********Allegedly he tried to grab a gun.
**********They were forced to rush in and block his car in the lane at the light as he would not pull over.

What does the origin of the police, even assuming this article is true, have to do with we use the police for currently.

Ships were used to transport all slaves. Are ships inherently bad?

Chains were placed on those who were enslaved all throughout history. Are chains inherently bad?

How many racist judges in the past condemned people due to their skin color. Is the position of judge inherently evil?

The bottom line is we need some entity to enforce the laws and keep order in our society. It would be nice if there werent so many assholes in the world and everyone would obey the law. But that's not the reality. So, whether you call them police, cops, law enforcement, or aleiadlakerer's their role will be the same. This focus on the origin of this or that serves little purpose in the present, unless we havent amended what that thing is used for in society.

What they’re supposed to do is get him under control

That is right. Why it took 6 cops to get this punk under control, or why they had to chase him twice is anyone's guess. But if it takes a beating to control someone-- who knows, maybe they are on PCP-- then that is what they will get.

Question is:
  1. Why the reason for the initial stop?
  2. Why did he need pulled from his car?
  3. What was said that initiated the fracus in the first place that so pissed these cops off?
  4. Is there any history with these cops?
  5. Why were there six cops at a routine traffic stop?
  6. Why was he not put in cuffs and arrested long before he was totally beat to a pulp?

NEW PROPOSAL: If you RUN from COPS (in car or on foot)....you get minimum 6mo in Jail. This boy scout did both....so he gets 1yr.

That would slow this nonsense down. The way it is now? Punch your ticket to the Lottery, get paid to run.
Become famous. Like the Criminal in the ATL video (fighting cops, running off) before deys' burnt dat' Wendys down.

Forum List

Back