Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
We need "common sense" gun laws like Hitler, Stalin and Mao where only the government Good Guys had the guns! No school shootings there

If the door had been LOCKED, it wouldn't have happened, you loon.

Man, it's really annoying when the REASON 19 KIDS ARE BLOWN TO PIECES BY A GUNMAN is because someone forgot to lock the classroom door. I hope the teacher responsible is hauled before a court and held accountable for their crimes!

We need to MANDATE LOCKED DOORS IN SCHOOLS. It's literally the ONLY WAY TO STOP MASS SLAUGHTER IN AMERICA.

But, on the plus side we get another great example of how guns keep us free here!

Man, it's really annoying when the REASON 19 KIDS ARE BLOWN TO PIECES BY A GUNMAN is because someone forgot to lock the classroom door. I hope the teacher responsible is hauled before a court and held accountable for their crimes!

We need to MANDATE LOCKED DOORS IN SCHOOLS. It's literally the ONLY WAY TO STOP MASS SLAUGHTER IN AMERICA.

But, on the plus side we get another great example of how guns keep us free here!

A teacher propped the door open, dumbass. Against protocol.

DURRRRRR

We need "common sense" gun laws like Hitler, Stalin and Mao where only the government Good Guys had the guns! No school shootings there

And do you think that modern day Norway, UK, Sweden, Japan are all vicious dictator states? They don't have this level of mass shootings so OBVIOUSLY they must be.

I feel sorry for them not having dead kids all the time to help then understand what TRUE FREEDOM looks like.

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
My shotgun is classified as a assault weapon, so you have a large list of firearms that would be restricted that shouldn’t be…

So, I'm wondering, how would raising the age limit on long guns end crimes like this?

It would just be another law the killer would refuse to obey, by getting an illegal long gun as opposed to buying one legally.

The age limit on handguns is already 21, but murders in this country go on unabated regardless of the age.

Then that teacher should be sent to PRISON for causing all those deaths!

How about they follow the rules. Rules that are in place for a reason.

Either way the crazy tranny is the guilty party, and like clockwork you morons wish to punish a hundred million people for the actions of a few crazy people.

People that the "authorities " refuse to deal with despite having the tools they need to do so.

Kids in schools are usually shot by other kids. I gave a gun law solution to that above.

Semi-automatic rifles sold publicly are not military grade. The shooter in Las Vegas brought 6 of them with him because he had modified them to be MORE like an automatic military grade weapon. When they stormed his hotel suite -- they found 2 or 3 of them COMPLETELY ruined with the barrels melted and jammed up. AR does not stand for "assault rifle" -- look it up.

They are neccessary for personal defense of life and property. During rioting, massive looting, or home assault with multiple persons involved. The police INCREASINGLY refuse to protect property in rioting and looting. And home assault and angry mobs outside your doors are on the increase. AND of course to protect against tyrannical governments. The types that think a "Disinformation Board" is a GREAT idea or call parents terrorists for yelling at a school board meeting.

As for LOBBYING - which is where all the money flows -- Banning ONE representative of the people on gun rights and not the OPPONENTS of gun rights would be Unconstitutional.

The NRA IS people. PEOPLE fund them to tell the truth about crime/gun policy and make voices heard. Contributions from members are speech. Beats having 80Million LEGAL RESPONSIBLE gun owners marching armed on the Capitol mall -- doesn't it?

So, I'm wondering, how would raising the age limit on long guns end crimes like this?

It would just be another law the killer would refuse to obey, by getting an illegal long gun as opposed to buying one legally.

The age limit on handguns is already 21, but murders in this country go on unabated regardless of the age.
You know I believe the legal age should be 25 for everything including the Military…

Will it stop mass shootings?

No…

By no means…

That has be dealt with stopping the Media from making this into a movie scene, people being held responsible for their kids and the Government stop the war between political parties and working together…

Sad part most of us here ( most not all ) could come up with better solutions than what we get from the fools that milk us for a money…

YES!

ABSOLUTELY!

Any successful hindrance between the killer and the children would have saved lives!

How utterly foolish.

Should be at least TWO SROfficers at every school. One at the cam console and one always OUTSIDE. THAT is a commentary on kids themselves likely being MOST school shooters. HERE in Uvalde -- the ONE wasn't even on premises. We CAN afford to do that. Also make the school is REPORTING ASSAULTS/THREATS to local authorities. Need to DOCUMENT the warnings signs of aggression going nuclear.

You are confused Moon Bat.

You may not know this but the NRA did not do any of the mass shooting.

As far as we know none of the mass shooters have ever been a member of the NRA.

However, we do know that the mass shooter that shot up the Republicans practicing baseball was a Hillary Clinton supporter and a Democrat.

You also may not know this but this country has a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms and the AR-15 is protected as a common use firearm. A 5th District Appeals judge just said that. Heller confirms it. Even Miller said that the guns in common use by the military is protected.

You stupid uneducated Moon Bats are way off course.

This little shithead that did the shooting was abandoned by his parents and had no moral foundation. The parents are to blame for not doing their duty to raise their son to not kill children.

Of course you stupid uneducated Moon Bats have no understanding of the concept of personal responsibility, do you?

Shame on you!

It pains me to say it -- but I cannot BEAR the grief to know that a TROUBLED teen with obvious warning signs CAN LEGALLY purchase and own. But all this is because of societal/family/moral decay and the fact that people are not doing their jobs.

If the teen STOLE the weapon from parents and parents KNEW or if the parents PURCHASED the weapon for a kid that was under psychiatric care (like the shooter Sandy Hook school) -- I dont feel a lot of personal responsibility to change gun laws. Just use the law -- HOLD these parents responsible.

Parents ALSO need that leverage. As dealing with mental case child is difficult enough with the cutting/suicide/outbursts/conflict without having to ASSURE this future criminal doesn't LEGALLY obtain firearms.

Forum List

Back