Two Trump-appointed judges laugh the Jan 6/Street Riots comparison out of court

I remember swamp rats like Pokahantas denouncing trump before he attacked them

^^^

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

I am on record saying the entire pullout from afghanistan was a mistake

And I disagree. We needed to leave.

if trump were still president you and I both could criticize his decision to leave

It was stated in this thread, by more than one person that Trump defeated the Taliban. I have shown that to be false.

Also, I did not know that once a president was out of office we were not allowed to criticize his decisions. Good to know you never ever criticized an Obama decision after 2017.

so no matter how much libs twist and turn, biden managed or tather mismanaged the pullout

Yes he did, I have not questioned that at all.

What Trump did not do is defeat the Taliban as you claimed.
In your opinion.

Sadly, the Democrats lacked the backbone to see the details of the agreements enforced.

The document obviously does not say what you claimed. That Trump agreed to recognize the taliban as the government of Afghanistan. The document was also just part of the agreement.

Trump did not sign. Period.
^^^

:dig:

Duties of the Secretary of State

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States.
Duties of the Secretary of State - United States Department of State

In your opinion.

Nope, it is a fact.

The document obviously does not say what you claimed.

It does exactly what I claimed.

That Trump agreed to recognize the taliban as the government of Afghanistan.

Trump agreed to help them get international recognition, which is what I said.

The document was also just part of the agreement.

Nope, it was the entire thing between the US and the Taliban.

Not personally but Trump did approve.

December 23 2020
After a week-long deal to reduce violence across Afghanistan, the U.S. and the Taliban signed a historic agreement Saturday that would see U.S. troops start to withdraw, according to a statement issued Friday afternoon by President Donald Trump.

"Soon, at my direction, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will witness the signing of an agreement with representatives of the Taliban, while Secretary of Defense Mark Esper will issue a joint declaration with the government of Afghanistan.
I never said Trump did not approve. I simply pointed out that those arguing had not read the document. They made claims that Trump signed the document, had they read the document they would of known Trump did not sign.

Discussing something one has not read is a bit foolish. Especially if they are wrong about the details.

The primary tactic to deflect away from the historic January 6 insurrection is to (try to) change the subject to the street riots that happened. Fortunately, Trump-appointed judges know better, as do the rest of us.

Two Trump-appointed federal judges have rejected claims from January 6 defendants that they're being treated unfairly, because of their conservative politics, compared with left-leaning rioters in Portland, Oregon, in the summer of 2020.

Judge Trevor McFadden on Tuesday became the second judge in two weeks to reject the comparisons, which are popular in right-wing circles, after his colleague in Washington, DC's, federal court Carl Nichols made a similar ruling last week.

McFadden and Nichols both said the US Capitol riot defendants' arguments didn't have enough evidence to show discrimination.

McFadden refused Judd's request on Tuesday, explaining that the Portland riots didn't have the same severe consequences as the attempted coup on January 6.

"Although both Portland and January 6 rioters attacked federal buildings, the Portland defendants primarily attacked at night, meaning that they raged against a largely vacant courthouse," McFadden wrote. "In contrast, the January 6 rioters attacked the Capitol in broad daylight. And many entered it. ... Their actions endangered hundreds of federal officials in the Capitol complex. Members of Congress cowered under chairs while staffers blockaded themselves in offices, fearing physical attacks from the rioters."

Once again we have the "it's OK to riot during the cover of darkness". The judge shows no regard for the fear experienced by many people, including families with young children who lived through the violent mobs burning business they lived above. The message this sends is why we will continue to see organized criminals involving car jacking, home invasion, and smash and steal theft continue.

I never said Trump did not approve. I simply pointed out that those arguing had not read the document. They made claims that Trump signed the document, had they read the document they would of known Trump did not sign.

Discussing something one has not read is a bit foolish. Especially if they are wrong about the details.

It is a fucking figure of speech conveying his approval of it. The Special Rep signed in his stead.

That this is the hill you have chosen to die on is fucking hilarious

^^^

:dig:

Duties of the Secretary of State

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States.
Duties of the Secretary of State - United States Department of State
So what, you argued Trump signed, Trump did not. Now you go to Google and think a cut and paste changes the fact that you were wrong?

Once again we have the "it's OK to riot during the cover of darkness". The judge shows no regard for the fear experienced by many people, including families with young children who lived through the violent mobs burning business they lived above. The message this sends is why we will continue to see organized criminals involving car jacking, home invasion, and smash and steal theft continue.
And what happened on Jan 6th, exactly?
What was happening inside the Capitol building during that time, exactly?
Anything of historical significance?

Do you notice any differences between the two events?

Last edited:
Also, I did not know that once a president was out of office we were not allowed to criticize his decisions. Good to know you never ever criticized an Obama decision after 2017.
Sure

Fly right over the stupid way biden pulled out and attack trump instead for the initial decision that you ckaim to agree with

that makes no sense at all except that you just prefer to hate trump for his personality

Once again, we have a Trumptard comparing the George Floyd riots and the capitol attempted insurrection.

One has nothing to do with the other.
Two separate incidences.

Like trying to compare hurricane Ida and the tornadoes in Kentucky.

Fly right over the stupid way biden pulled out and attack trump instead for the initial decision that you ckaim to agree with

that makes no sense at all except that you just prefer to hate trump for his personality

I did not fly over Biden's fuck up, and I did not attack Trump for the agreement, I merely said he did not defeat the Taliban.

As I said, it was stated in this thread by multiple people that Trump defeated the Taliban, this is simply not true.

So what, you argued Trump signed, Trump did not. Now you go to Google and think a cut and paste changes the fact that you were wrong?

i argued that trump had his full stamp of approval on that there document. mike pompeo is trump's stand in ... no matter how much you want to slice & dice the semantics - donny signed off on it.

you are flailing & you know it.

i argued that trump had his full stamp of approval on that there document. mike pompeo is trump's stand in ... no matter how much you want to slice & dice the semantics - donny signed off on it.

you are flailing & you know it.

And regardless of who signed it, it is not a defeat of the Taliban, just the opposite in fact.

Libs can dish it out but they cant take it

libs can dish it out but they cant take it

LOL!!!!! saying it twice doesn't change the fact that you said trump doesn't call names & let's things roll off his shoulder. want to say it a third time?

judges.gif

Last edited:
I did not fly over Biden's fuck up, and I did not attack Trump for the agreement, I merely said he did not defeat the Taliban.
I never said trump defeated the taliban so your argument about that is not with me

but even then the larger question is the stupid way biden handled the pullout

which is going to hurt him in 2024

and that seems to be all that biden voters really care about

I never said yrump defeated the taliban so your argument about that is not with me

I know you did not say it, but that is the discussion you jumped into the middle of and keep trying to be a part of.

but even then the larger question is the stupid way biden handled the pullout

which is going to hurt him in 2024

and that seems to be all that biden voters really care about

I do not think anyone will give a fuck about Afghanistan in 2022, let alone 2024. The only people that will care are people like you that just hate Biden and would never vote for him anyhow. The rest of the country has already moved on.

Not to mention that Biden will not even be the POUTUS in 2023, let alone run again in 2024.

Forum List

Back