Two Officers shot in Bronx

Spew all of the diversions you want...you made a veiled threat. You can back off of it now, all you had to say is that you misspoke and I would have quietly backed away...but now you are acting like a sophomoric teaper, trying to defend the stupid.
I have no control over you PERCEPTIONS sir, however, I'd love to see that charge proven in a court of law.

Good luck with that.

Say what you wan't, but the good people of NYC aren't gonna take the NYPD's nonsense for much longer.

They better straighten up if they know what's good for them.
What the fuck does that mean? Threats against cops is not cool.
Point out the threat sir.
They better straighten up if they know what's good for them

I consider that to be a threat...because if I said that - it means violence would ensue if my wishes weren't granted.
I'm not sure where you think you are, but we're in a POLITICAL forum sir. Things aren't gonna go well for the NYPD politically if they keep up with their childish BS. The public is starting to turn their backs on the NYPD.

More BULLSHIT...the people SEE the damage done by PAID RACIST PROTESTERS!
I would protest if I were paid to protest cat boys.

Spew all of the diversions you want...you made a veiled threat. You can back off of it now, all you had to say is that you misspoke and I would have quietly backed away...but now you are acting like a sophomoric teaper, trying to defend the stupid.
I have no control over you PERCEPTIONS sir, however, I'd love to see that charge proven in a court of law.

Good luck with that.
Perceptions define the strength of your argument.

NYPD work slowdown will be dealt with very forcefully Bratton says - Yahoo News
NYPD work slowdown will be dealt with ‘very forcefully,’ Bratton says

Commissioner investigating dramatic drops in arrests to determine whether the dip is a deliberate jab at NYC mayor

By Liz Goodwin 6 hours ago Yahoo News

View photo

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, right, listens as New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton addresses a news conference at New York City Police headquarters on Monday, Jan. 5, 2015. De Blasio says it was "disrespectful" of NYPD officers to turn their backs toward him at the funerals of two police officers killed in a recent ambush attack in Brooklyn. (Richard Drew/AP Photo)
Any New York City police officers refusing to make arrests or issue traffic violations to express their dissatisfaction with Mayor Bill de Blasio will face forceful consequences, the department’s top cop said Monday.

New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a press conference that while he is not convinced the NYPD's rank-and-file is engaging in an organized work slowdown, he is actively investigating a dramatic drop in arrests in recent weeks and will deal swiftly with any intentional slacking off.

“We’re watching that very closely,” Bratton said Monday of the dip in summonses and arrests. He’s ordering a “comprehensive review of what has been happening,” drilling down to the precinct and squad car level to determine who is working and who may be dropping the ball.

The number of summonses in the city is down 90 percent for the week ending Sunday, according to the Daily News, while arrests are down 56 percent compared to the year before.

The steep drop in arrests follows several public incidents in which hundreds of police officers turned their backs to the mayor. They first turned as the mayor arrived at a New York City hospital after the killing of two cops, Wenjian Liu and Raphael Ramos, by a man apparently seeking revenge for two deaths involving police officers, those of Ferguson, Mo., teenager Michael Brown and of Eric Garner of Staten Island, N.Y.

The officers turned their backs again, first at Ramos's funeral and then at Liu's funeral this Sunday, to express their dissatisfaction with de Blasio's treatment of the NYPD. De Blasio’s critics have charged that the mayor inflamed anti-police tensions by sympathizing with those protesting the treatment of Brown and Garner.

“At this time, I would not use the term slowdown,” Bratton said. But he added that if he determines that the drop in arrests is part of an organized effort on the part of police, “we will deal with it very forcefully.”.

The commissioner stressed that the drop in summonses and arrests had not yet led to an increase in crime. On Monday, the mayor and Bratton announced a 4.6 percent decline in major crimes last year as compared to the year before.

“We’re not in a public safety crisis in New York City, by any stretch of the imagination,” Bratton said.

De Blasio, who has repeatedly praised the police department in recent weeks, said he believed it was too soon to consider the trend a deliberate slowdown.

“We need to see a little time pass before we can draw conclusions,” De Blasio said.

Both Bratton and the mayor both criticized the officers who turned their backs Sunday.

“They were disrespectful to the family involved, that’s the bottom line,” De Blasio said of the hundreds of officers who turned their backs to him at Liu’s funeral on Sunday. Bratton said the officers “embarrassed themselves” by making a political statement in the middle of a funeral.

Commissioner investigating dramatic drops in arrests to determine whether the dip is a deliberate jab at NYC mayor

View photo

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, right, listens as New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton addresses a news conference at New York City Police headquarters on Monday, Jan. 5, 2015. De Blasio says it was "disrespectful" of NYPD officers to turn their backs toward him at the funerals of two police officers killed in a recent ambush attack in Brooklyn. (Richard Drew/AP Photo)
Any New York City police officers refusing to make arrests or issue traffic violations to express their dissatisfaction with Mayor Bill de Blasio will face forceful consequences, the department’s top cop said Monday.

New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a press conference that while he is not convinced the NYPD's rank-and-file is engaging in an organized work slowdown, he is actively investigating a dramatic drop in arrests in recent weeks and will deal swiftly with any intentional slacking off.

“We’re watching that very closely,” Bratton said Monday of the dip in summonses and arrests. He’s ordering a “comprehensive review of what has been happening,” drilling down to the precinct and squad car level to determine who is working and who may be dropping the ball.

The number of summonses in the city is down 90 percent for the week ending Sunday, according to the Daily News, while arrests are down 56 percent compared to the year before.

The steep drop in arrests follows several public incidents in which hundreds of police officers turned their backs to the mayor. They first turned as the mayor arrived at a New York City hospital after the killing of two cops, Wenjian Liu and Raphael Ramos, by a man apparently seeking revenge for two deaths involving police officers, those of Ferguson, Mo., teenager Michael Brown and of Eric Garner of Staten Island, N.Y.

The officers turned their backs again, first at Ramos's funeral and then at Liu's funeral this Sunday, to express their dissatisfaction with de Blasio's treatment of the NYPD. De Blasio’s critics have charged that the mayor inflamed anti-police tensions by sympathizing with those protesting the treatment of Brown and Garner.

“At this time, I would not use the term slowdown,” Bratton said. But he added that if he determines that the drop in arrests is part of an organized effort on the part of police, “we will deal with it very forcefully.”.

The commissioner stressed that the drop in summonses and arrests had not yet led to an increase in crime. On Monday, the mayor and Bratton announced a 4.6 percent decline in major crimes last year as compared to the year before.

“We’re not in a public safety crisis in New York City, by any stretch of the imagination,” Bratton said.

De Blasio, who has repeatedly praised the police department in recent weeks, said he believed it was too soon to consider the trend a deliberate slowdown.

“We need to see a little time pass before we can draw conclusions,” De Blasio said.

Both Bratton and the mayor both criticized the officers who turned their backs Sunday.

“They were disrespectful to the family involved, that’s the bottom line,” De Blasio said of the hundreds of officers who turned their backs to him at Liu’s funeral on Sunday. Bratton said the officers “embarrassed themselves” by making a political statement in the middle of a funeral.

If the police are now doing everything by the BOOK thus causing a HUGE SLOW DOWN, he can fire whoever he likes and then be sued for those firings....he's been through this years ago, and he can't BULLSHIT those that know!

What the fuck does that mean? Threats against cops is not cool.
Point out the threat sir.
They better straighten up if they know what's good for them

I consider that to be a threat...because if I said that - it means violence would ensue if my wishes weren't granted.
I'm not sure where you think you are, but we're in a POLITICAL forum sir. Things aren't gonna go well for the NYPD politically if they keep up with their childish BS. The public is starting to turn their backs on the NYPD.

More BULLSHIT...the people SEE the damage done by PAID RACIST PROTESTERS!
I would protest if I were paid to protest cat boys.

I want to protest blacks that look like this......:afro:

View photo

The flat feet need to be severely DISCIPLINED.

Clearly they are lacking, not only PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, but greatly in need of DISCIPLINE.

I hope he drops the hammer on them.

Thor-Hammer-Slam-to-Ground.gif

Good luck with that.
he didnt make a threat...he gave a concern on what could happen if this crud continues...to see it any other way is a far stretchhhhhhh....

I have the same concern...they could be escalating the issues, but hey, they're grown men, these Officers of Peace...they can do what they want....be as childish as they want, be as disrespectful to those being buried as they want....whatever... it's their choice

View photo

Clearly they are lacking, not only PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, but greatly in need of DISCIPLINE.

Racist bastard!!! Scum like you are a BIG PART of the divide, Al Junior!

6Nfbl5j.jpg

Feeling mentally abused? My words must be very POWERFUL and POTENT to invade & inhabit the recesses of your mind to the point of fear.

WoW!!

View photo

If the police are now doing everything by the BOOK thus causing a HUGE SLOW DOWN, he can fire whoever he likes and then be sued for those firings....he's been through this years ago, and he can't BULLSHIT those that know!
he's a fairly new nyc police commissioner, maybe he doesn;t know he's really not 'the boss' as he was hired to be?

View photo

I don't think he's in any hurry to do that, he's gonna give it a bit of time to see if they change their ways...

Feeling mentally abused? My words must be very POWERFUL and POTENT to invade & inhabit the recesses of your mind to the point of fear.

WoW!!
WTF is your problem...All I am saying is that your quote sounded like a threat and it doesn't improve your position. You truly are acting like a fucking teaper.

View photo

he's a fairly new nyc police commissioner, maybe he doesn;t know he's really not 'the boss' as he was hired to be?

C4A this is NOT his first rodeo in NYC.....He has previously served as the Commissioner of the Boston Police Department (BPD) (1993-1994), New York City Police Department (NYPD) Commissioner (1994–1996), and Chief of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) (2002–2009).

Deblasio was disrespectful to the families of the fallen officers for going to the funerals after he got requests in writing not to go. It was a slap in the faces of the dead officers.

He's not done either. He wants a full scale war against the police.

Deblasio was disrespectful to the families of the fallen officers for going to the funerals after he got requests in writing not to go. It was a slap in the faces of the dead officers.

He's not done either. He wants a full scale war against the police.

He's got one! Wait til' the summer as the pot is only simmering.

Forum List

Back