Twitter employees head for the exits after Elon Musk’s ‘extremely hardcore’ work ultimatum

Musk is losing billions because he grossly overpaid for Twitter
He is expecting his employees to make up the difference

That is thuggery
Employees can leave their cushy job, get severance and move on. With all the jobs Biden’s economy has generated it should be no problem for these hard working members of society to get high paying jobs. Seems to me it is a blessing and you are a partisan hater.

Employees can leave their cushy job, get severance and move on. With all the jobs Biden’s economy has generated it should be no problem for these hard working members of society to get high paying jobs. Seems to me it is a blessing and you are a partisan hater.
I am sure that is what they are doing
I don’t see anyone having loyalty to Twitter and especially Musk
Those who remain are probably keeping their options open. They have no idea what Musk will do next

Musk has created a hostile work environment for high tech employees.
His corporate thuggery is not gaining him a loyal workforce as workers leave in droves

Doesnt build faith in his management style
Wow, what a load. If you think this is a hostile work environment, you don't know what a hostile work environment is.

What makes you think he's "losing billions"?

He isn't. Usage is up. Registrations are up. Advertisers are returning.

That 'he's killing Twitter' BS is last month's whiny lefty schtick. Time for a new one.

That 'he's killing Twitter' BS is last month's whiny lefty schtick. Time for a new one.
Naturally, they are reacting to the normal swings when a large company undergoes a major leadership change, when some customers leave and new ones come. In 6 months, we'll have a better picture of how Twitter is going to actually perform, but at this point the partisans hang breathlessly on every tidbit of information, hoping they'll find something that Twitter revenue drops by $5 so they can crow that Musk is headed for bankruptcy.

Naturally, they are reacting to the normal swings when a large company undergoes a major leadership change, when some customers leave and new ones come. In 6 months, we'll have a better picture of how Twitter is going to actually perform, but at this point the partisans hang breathlessly on every tidbit of information, hoping they'll find something that Twitter revenue drops by $5 so they can crow that Musk is headed for bankruptcy.

Exactly. They're still big mad that he took their propaganda/censorship bullhorn and are wishing for one of the most successful entrepreneurs of this century to fail. It can happen, of course, but the assumption that the guy doesn't know how to run a business or what it takes to make one succeed it utterly ridiculous.

And, you're absolutely right. A couple of months in those prognosticating that this is a failure are jumping the gun more than a little.

Elon Musk needs to work on his people skills

Firing half the workforce and then threatening the other half is not a good start

Elon Musk needs to work on his people skills

Firing half the workforce and then threatening the other half is not a good start
It's apparently working at Tesla. It's not like this is his first rodeo.

He didn’t fire half his Tesla workforce
He obviously didn't have to. It's quite normal for jobs to be both lost and created when leadership changes in a company that size. Deadwood accumulates and periodically needs to be flushed out. I saw it happen at Circuit City when I worked at corporate through the century change.

Last edited:

Registrations may in fact be up due to all the publicity. Racists and neo nazis everywhere are now free to use twitter as their own sounding board against jews, blacks, asians, etc. The explosion in antisemitism and other hate speech has jumped hundreds of percent.

Elon is still running twitter without employees. Yeah, I'm sure that forecasts a bright future.

What makes you think he's "losing billions"?

Tesla stock has lost nearly 130 billion in value in the last 6 months. Elon has lost billions in his own personal worth. Just saying Elon is losing billions doesn't even tell the entire story.

Registrations may in fact be up due to all the publicity. Racists and neo nazis everywhere are now free to use twitter as their own sounding board against jews, blacks, asians, etc. The explosion in antisemitism and other hate speech has jumped hundreds of percent.

Elon is still running twitter without employees. Yeah, I'm sure that forecasts a bright future.

Tesla stock has lost nearly 130 billion in value in the last 6 months. Elon has lost billions in his own personal worth. Just saying Elon is losing billions doesn't even tell the entire story.

Just an utter load of dogma. Good Grief. Vomitus Libus.

And here's some interesting facts on a couple of other car companies. Huh. Maybe they're a bunch of nazis too.

toyota.jpg
ford.jpg

BTW, I can easily provide more of these.

Now, why would this be that they started falling in February. Could it be that the Fed started pumping rates then? Well, let's see:

fed.JPG

Get the full picture before jumping to conclusions.

Just an utter load of dogma. Good Grief. Vomitus Libus.

And here's some interesting facts on a couple of other car companies. Huh. Maybe they're a bunch of nazis too.

View attachment 737655View attachment 737656

BTW, I can easily provide more of these.

Now, why would this be that they started falling in February. Could it be that the Fed started pumping rates then? Well, let's see:

View attachment 737657

Get the full picture before jumping to conclusions.

What do nazis and car companies have to do with one another? Right, they don't. Totally odd reply.

The market is driven by rumors and panic, that is the truth of it. Both Toyota and Ford are actually at some of their highest stock values in the last 20 years, especially Ford. Neither of which have a thing to do with Telsa. Nice, if not completely futile try. It's always amazing to see maga come running like mad dogs to protect their masters and lick their boots. Keep the faith!

Forum List

Back