Turkey shoots down Russian warplane

Had the pilots been killed I could see the situation turning sour very fast, but I assume nothing will come of it. As Eagle said, Russia will verbally condemn the attack, and that will be that.

One co pilot was dead. Terrorists errrrrrrrrrrrr opposition forces are looking for the other pilot. This could get ugly very fast.

Russian Warplane Crashes in Syria; Turkey Says It Shot Jet Down

Turkey is a NATO Ally. This could have some serious repercussions depending how Russia reacts

Here's an update. It's serious. Turkey has been arming and funneling money to the terrorists errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels for years now and Putin knows it. Ruh roh.

Putin warns Turkey there will be ‘serious consequences’ for ‘stabbing Russia in the back’ by shooting down one of its jets… as video emerges of rebels chanting ‘Allahu Akbar’ over the body of dead pilot
  • Turkish army has shot down a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 war plane near its Syrian border, officials confirm
  • The Russian jet had violated Turkish air space and ignored ten warnings in five minutes, army says
  • Putin called Turkey's decision to shoot down the plane a 'stab in the back by the terrorists' accomplices'

Turkey shoots down RUSSIAN jet on Syrian border, video show dead pilot

A NATO Ally may have just seriously increased the conflict in the region and your reaction is mockery because you are so hyper partisan you can't see what's going on in front of your eyes.

And you cannot understand why people don't treat you with any respect.

Reread your OP. You said nothing. You simply posted a news item and brilliantly noted that their could be serious repercussions. That's pablum.

What is it that you want to say? What kind of discussion about this would you like to have? I knew about the incident before you posted it. You've given me nothing to respond to.

And...you have shown me for years that you have no interest in having a serous discussion. Take responsibility for that instead of trying to pawn it off on others.

I dont need to take responsibility for your stupid statements. If you don't think you have anything to say, don't say anything. But don't think you aren't going to be called out when you say something stupid and pretend it's someone else's fault. No one forced you to say anything, you did that on your own.

Do liberals ever have anything worth saying?

If we didn't, you wouldn't reply to any of it.

Russian Warplane Crashes in Syria; Turkey Says It Shot Jet Down

Turkey is a NATO Ally. This could have some serious repercussions depending how Russia reacts

Russia is NOT a member..

Turkey wants Assad to go and Russia wants him to stay.

The claim is that the Russian jet violated Turkish airspace and a Turkish F-16 shot down the Russian jet.

Then again there is this:

Links between Turkey and ISIS are now 'undeniable' - Business Insider

The crashed jet landed in Syria. Makes you wonder if it really was in turkeys airspace.

How will Putin get those Russian ships to the Port Tartus in Syria if for some reason Turkey tells him he can not travel through the Turkish straights?

Turkey, another one of our 'close allies' helping ISIS out. They executed the Russian pilot in the other plane. Why are Saudi Arabia and Turkey our 'close allies' again? They're the reason there's an ISIS in the first place.

Turkey, another one of our 'close allies' helping ISIS out. They executed the Russian pilot in the other plane. Why are Saudi Arabia and Turkey our 'close allies' again? They're the reason there's an ISIS in the first place.
It makes you wonder. I have been certain ISIS had funding from some country from the start. Kurds are the main fighters against isis and turkey sure isn't helping them. Now russia appears to be hitting ISIS hard and turkey shoots down one of their jets that lands on the Syrian side?

It makes you wonder. I have been certain ISIS had funding from some country from the start. Kurds are the main fighters against isis and turkey sure isn't helping them. Now russia appears to be hitting ISIS hard and turkey shoots down one of their jets that lands on the Syrian side?

It wouldn't surprise me if that funding is coming from iran and turkey.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia are how ISIS came about. They're supplying most of the money & weapons to various rebel groups in Syria. And as you pointed out, Turkey fears and hates the Kurds more than ISIS. It has definitely helped ISIS out. But hey, they're our 'good friends', so everything's fine.

Iran seems unlikely. Isis is sunni and iran is fighting then in Iraq. Now Saudi wants Assad out and are sunni...

Turkey has definitely helped ISIS. But not Iran. Iran is fighting against ISIS in Syria.

I think this is a bit of and overreaction by Turkey. File a diplomatic protest, but shooting to kill a Russian aircraft that went over a sliver of Turkish airspace is only going to cause major complications. The Russians are trying to bomb insurgents in northern Syria, they are not trying to bomb targets in Turkey.

Pilots make mistakes. Just like when the South Korean airliner went over a sliver of Russian Airspace in September 1983 and the Russians blew it out of the sky killing hundreds including a U.S. congressman. Shooting down aircraft because of pilot error is not a good idea and can drastically complicate international relations.

Forum List

Back