Tucson City Council approves mandatory nightly curfew to start today

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Starting Friday, Dec. 4, the curfew will be in place each night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Dec. 23 and prohibits anyone from being on public streets or spaces in Tucson unless traveling to work or other essential activities. Public safety personnel, health-care professionals, essential workers and the homeless are exempt from the curfew.

“We have to take additional steps as mayor and council to make sure that we’re protecting our community,” Mayor Regina Romero said. “I know that we’re all very exhausted by this pandemic, but as elected representatives of our community, we do have a moral obligation to act.”

City Attorney Mike Rankin said the Tucson Police Department will focus on education first when it comes to curfew enforcement. Residents who break curfew will be given an opportunity to comply before receiving a citation. If citations are issued, it would be a civil penalty. During the statewide shelter-in-place order in April, TPD issued only 12 citations.

This is why I will not move back. Ever. You know who is exempt? The homeless. No obligation there.

These people have become anal retentive over the years. The vast majority of the people are not but there is a significant amount holding public office that are annoying as hell.

Where is the SCIENTIFIC data that justifies these shutdowns? How many people contract the corona virus in restaurants? Bowling alleys? Fitness centers? Walking on the sidewalk? Riding a bike?

I don't know, but I think that if the politicians are going to take away our freedoms it ought to be based on real data and not speculation.

This is a manifestation of the worst aspect of politics. The ONLY reason for this shit is the council members don't want to have to listen to their political opponents in the next election cycle saying, "If you had done [thus and so] fewer local people would have DIED!!!"

It is all bullshit.

Starting Friday, Dec. 4, the curfew will be in place each night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Dec. 23 and prohibits anyone from being on public streets or spaces in Tucson unless traveling to work or other essential activities. Public safety personnel, health-care professionals, essential workers and the homeless are exempt from the curfew.

“We have to take additional steps as mayor and council to make sure that we’re protecting our community,” Mayor Regina Romero said. “I know that we’re all very exhausted by this pandemic, but as elected representatives of our community, we do have a moral obligation to act.”

City Attorney Mike Rankin said the Tucson Police Department will focus on education first when it comes to curfew enforcement. Residents who break curfew will be given an opportunity to comply before receiving a citation. If citations are issued, it would be a civil penalty. During the statewide shelter-in-place order in April, TPD issued only 12 citations.

This is why I will not move back. Ever. You know who is exempt? The homeless. No obligation there.

I don't get it.

Compress the time people can be out so that we increase interaction during non-curfew hours?

Covid is worse at night or not as bad during the day?

1607137843459.png

Well I guess if I don't have my home with me as I'm walking down the streets of Tucson, even though I might have a home there, I guess I'll tell the police when asked that "I'm currently homeless".

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Forum List

Back