Trumps War on History

Aries

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2017
New York
TRUMP: [President Andrew Jackson] was a swashbuckler. But when his wife died, did you know he visited her grave every day? I visited her grave, actually, because I was in Tennessee.

ZITO: That’s right. You were in Tennessee.

TRUMP: And it was amazing. The people of Tennessee are amazing people. They love Andrew Jackson. They love Andrew Jackson in Tennessee.

ZITO: He’s fascinating.

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There’s no reason for this.” People don’t realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there a Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There’s no reason for this.”

“Jackson died in June 1845. He did not have any opinions about the Civil War. He was also a slave owner,” Kevin Kruse, Professor of History at Princeton, told The Independent.

“This highlights a lack of knowledge about basic familiar history.”
Analysis | President Trump (really) asked why there was a Civil War. Here’s why.

TRUMP: [President Andrew Jackson] was a swashbuckler. But when his wife died, did you know he visited her grave every day? I visited her grave, actually, because I was in Tennessee.

TRUMP: And it was amazing. The people of Tennessee are amazing people. They love Andrew Jackson. They love Andrew Jackson in Tennessee.

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There’s no reason for this.” People don’t realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there a Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There’s no reason for this.”

“Jackson died in June 1845. He did not have any opinions about the Civil War. He was also a slave owner,” Kevin Kruse, Professor of History at Princeton, told The Independent.

Analysis | President Trump (really) asked why there was a Civil War. Here’s why.
You liberals have been going after history since the 1960's. Now all of a sudden a Republican starts up on history, and NOW you are indignant?

obamas-fantasy-world-does-not-jive-with-reality-obama-libya-politics-1351111088.jpg

You must as aware of history as the idiots that are saying he is wrong. Look at his context and look at history. He was right.
His terminology isn't the best. But even a young child could look at a history book and determine he was correct.
Just like the idiots that said china never controlled korea.

You liberals have been going after history since the 1960's. Now all of a sudden a Republican starts up on history, and NOW you are indignant?

obamas-fantasy-world-does-not-jive-with-reality-obama-libya-politics-1351111088.jpg
do you have evidence of liberals "going after history?"

The republicans have been at it for a while now. Check out the controversy over Texan textbooks. Shame, shame, dirty GOP. Shame, shame.

Its trump so its likely he will now have all the history books changed.

Meanwhile, RWNJs will make excuses for him and/or blame Obama!

:banana:

You must as aware of history as the idiots that are saying he is wrong. Look at his context and look at history. He was right.
His terminology isn't the best. But even a young child could look at a history book and determine he was correct.
As someone with multiple history degrees, I can tell you, Andrew Jackson certainly did not say, “There’s no reason for this.” Unless trump is talking about his ghost.

The Civil War would have never happen had Jackson been President because he was a Southern Democrat.

As for Jackson saying anything about the war, well you are correct he was dead.

Also, korea has never been officially part of china in recorded history, so no he was not right about that either.

The controversy was with trump saying Korea had once been part of China, not controlled by China. There's a big difference between being part of and being controlled.

Last edited:

do you have evidence of liberals "going after history?"

The republicans have been at it for a while now. Check out the controversy over Texan textbooks. Shame, shame, dirty GOP. Shame, shame.

Well yabut, they have a good reason for wanting to delete Thomas Jefferson from US text books. They said 'he didn't contribute much'.

As someone with multiple history degrees, I can tell you, Andrew Jackson certainly did not say, “There’s no reason for this.” Unless trump is talking about his ghost.
The secession was brewing for decades. John Adams even knew it was coming. He went and asked Jackson for help.
Jackson stopped SC secession by threatening them with federal invasion. He also lead the way for the compromise of 1850. If Jefferson was still alive, he might could have averted the civil war like he already did, once. Jackson said that about SC secession. Maybe not those exact words, though.
CONTEXT, my dear. CONTEXT :thup:

We have our very own history revisionist right here at USMB. Maybe PoliticalChic will see this thread and start a conspiracy theory cut and paste thesis on Andy the Indian Slayer.

The controversy was with trump saying Korea had once been part of China, not controlled by China. There a big difference between being part of and controlling.
Around 900 years ago, korea was a vessel state to china. They did what the Yuans wanted. They HAD to.
Han dynasty controlled Korea thousands of years ago.
History is awesome :thup:

The secession was brewing for decades. John Adams even knew it was coming. He went and asked Jackson for help.
Jackson stopped SC secession by threatening them with federal invasion. He also lead the way for the compromise of 1850. If Jefferson was still alive, he might could have averted the civil war like he already did, once. Jackson said that about SC secession. Maybe not those exact words, though.
CONTEXT, my dear. CONTEXT :thup:
that secession in the 1830s was over taxation not slavery. We don't know what jackson said about the civil war, because he wasn't alive.

The controversy was with trump saying Korea had once been part of China, not controlled by China. There a big difference between being part of and controlling.
Around 900 years ago, korea was a vessel state to china. They did what the Yuans wanted. They HAD to.
china bullied them for money, they did not control their state, ever. Korea was never "a part" of china. Just because a big bully takes my lunch money, do I become part of the bully or am I still my own person?

china bullied them for money, they did not control their state, ever. Korea was never "a part" of china. Just because a big bully takes my lunch money, do I become part of the bully or am I still my own person?
They were part of their empire! No amount of partisanship can change that.
The Koreans even started the Sambyeolcho Rebellion. FFS, some Koreans even fled the state because of the mongol suppression. Hiding on an island.. In fact, that island became an international port in the late 1800s. Millions of people living on it now...

They were part of their empire! No amount of partisanship can change that.
The Koreans even started the Sambyeolcho Rebellion. FFS, some Koreans even fled the state because of the mongol suppression. Hiding on an island.. In fact, that island became an international port in the late 1800s. Millions of people living on it now...
Hek, the Han dynasty even built military ports in Korea because they RULED IT

Multiple history degrees? Well then, Professor History of USMB, can you tell us if this is true----------->

Was there a President who LIED to the American people to get legislation, by saying---------> If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor..........and, your premium is going to go down 2500 bucks..........and, Russia is NOT our biggest geopolitical foe, the cold war is over!

If you can find the President who said these OBVIOUS LIES, please do post his name for everyone, because we unedjumucatid riednucks arnt as smart as u briliunt liberuls who fell for it........lolololololol!

Forum List

Back