Trump's plan to pay for border wall with Air Force funds risks national security, report says

Case ya didnt notice, open borders dont enhance national security,

Sure about that, are you? If it makes illegal entry into the US harder, then national security is enhanced. Why? Cuz then all sorts of undesirables are forced to got through checkpoints instead of just waltzing over the border.
So you are claiming people cross the border illegally just because they don't want to wait in line at "checkpoints"?

Well, if they are criminals, gang members, terrorists, etc., they might not be too interested in trying to go through a checkpoint if they can avoid it. Maybe a fence isn't the total answer, but it is a deterrent, an obstacle.
Well, in 2013, the Democrats were certain the border fence was absolutely necessary and claimed it would stop 90% of illegal immigration across our southern border. Chuck Schumer submitted Senate bill S. 744, that is almost identical to President Trump's immigration plan as he stated it in his 2018 state of the union speech, and Schumer's plan was endorsed by Obama, and Clinton (I want to build bridges not walls) and every Democrat in the Senate voted for it.

Democrats thought a border fence was absolutely essential until President Trump agreed with them and then they decided it was the most awful thing they ever heard of.

And given this unwarranted risk, Trump’s wall of fear, bigotry, and hate will not be built.
It is exactly the same "wall of fear, bigotry and hate" Obama and Clinton endorsed and the Democrats in the Senate voted for in 2013. See Senate bill S. 744 submitted by Chuck Schumer.

If one ‘disagrees’ with the report he’d need to provide evidence that the assessment by the U.S. Air Force is wrong.

Absent such evidence, it comes as no surprise that Trump’s wall of fear, bigotry, and hate will waste funds needed for national security, and that Trump’s misappropriate of those funds places national security at risk.
I doubt that any of the projects listed are as vital as securing our Southern border where illegals flow in, drug and human trafficking flourish and gangs control sections of that turf making a profit by controlling who enters the US from their side of the border.

And of course the Democrats force us to choose between a boiler in Alaska and a security wall on our border but disingenuous liars on the left will never include that bit of information. It's not as though the choice is binary and we can only have one or the other, in the insane world they conspire to force on us.
I mean it is, but it should never have to be that way, if not for obstructionist leftists.

In a perfect world without duplicitous leftists we would have all the money we need for Air Force projects and our border wall.

Last edited:
All federal gov't agencies fight like hell for appropriations every year, and that includes the military services. Whether they really need it or not, and in some cases they move money around from what it was originally intended for to something else, if the language in the appropriations bill is somewhat loosely defined. They all do it, not just the military.

We probably do have military installations around the world and certain weapon systems that really aren't needed that badly. I wouldn't recommend getting rid of all of them, but I do think we should be able to cut back on some of them, especially if the military itself doesn't particularly want it or need it. And that includes state-side bases too. The problem is at least in part with Congress, who will fight like hell for bases and equipment that is in their home district. Dem or Repub, doesn't matter when you're protecting jobs and money that affects your voters.

All federal gov't agencies fight like hell for appropriations every year, and that includes the military services. Whether they really need it or not, and in some cases they move money around from what it was originally intended for to something else, if the language in the appropriations bill is somewhat loosely defined. They all do it, not just the military.

We probably do have military installations around the world and certain weapon systems that really aren't needed that badly. I wouldn't recommend getting rid of all of them, but I do think we should be able to cut back on some of them, especially if the military itself doesn't particularly want it or need it. And that includes state-side bases too. The problem is at least in part with Congress, who will fight like hell for bases and equipment that is in their home district. Dem or Repub, doesn't matter when you're protecting jobs and money that affects your voters.
That's their job, it's what they're supposed to do......

Oh the irony of a leftist stating anything about military funds and national security. Any time we have a leftist president, our military becomes a shell for show.

Bring em home and build more bases here. That's real defense spending. And it's constitutional. Unlike the nine hundred and some odd installations around the world.

As far as the wall, that wall is gonna keep you in. History is ripe with reference. If you want to end the illegal immigration problem, cut off the welfare magnet which draws them here.

Forum List

Back