Trumps obamacare changes are very sound

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
U.S. Republican presidential front-runner candidate Donald Trump
on Wednesday unveiled proposals for reforming U.S. healthcare that included repealing Obamacare, allowing prescription drugs to be imported, and turning the Medicaid program for the poor into block grants to states.

The plan also calls for the sale of health insurance plans across state lines, full deduction of health insurance premiums from income tax and adds: "We must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance."

Trump, who is the front-runner in the race to become the Republican nominee in November's presidential election, is also proposing allowing individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HAS) to pay for out-of-pocket expenses. Contributions to HSAs would be tax-free and could be passed on to heirs without any tax penalty.

The proposals include requiring "...price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure."

on Wednesday unveiled proposals for reforming U.S. healthcare that included repealing Obamacare, allowing prescription drugs to be imported, and turning the Medicaid program for the poor into block grants to states.

The plan also calls for the sale of health insurance plans across state lines, full deduction of health insurance premiums from income tax and adds: "We must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance."

Trump, who is the front-runner in the race to become the Republican nominee in November's presidential election, is also proposing allowing individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HAS) to pay for out-of-pocket expenses. Contributions to HSAs would be tax-free and could be passed on to heirs without any tax penalty.

The proposals include requiring "...price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure."

Competition would help and right now we regulate to heavily.

It's a complex discussion.

I don't want Trump screwing with the system either.

I love the way they want health insurance to be tax deductible, but not health care.

I love the way they want health insurance to be tax deductible, but not health care.

Not sure how that applies to HSA's.

It doesn't. But pretty much every "plan" offered up by Democrats or Republicans involves tax incentives to subsidize insurance - but not health care itself.

It doesn't. But pretty much every "plan" offered up by Democrats or Republicans involves tax incentives to subsidize insurance - but not health care itself.

O.K.

Thanks.

I am not up on their plans.

They do nothing but stroke the American people....I can't stand to watch the morons.

Forum List

Back