Trump's markets returning double that of previous presidents

Tax cuts were responsible for 82% of the additional national debt of $113 billion.
Trump's Additional Budget Deficit Was Largely Due To The Corporate Tax Cut

The U.S. Treasury Department publishes a 36 page monthly statement that has all sorts of information about where the Federal government receives its “income” and how it is spent. In the most recent report ending in September 2018 for the full fiscal year 2018 it shows that the federal budget deficit increased from $666 billion in fiscal 2017 to $779 billion in fiscal 2018, an increase of $113 billion or 17%. In the same report corporate tax receipts dropped from $297 billion in fiscal 2017 to $205 billion in fiscal 2018, a decrease of $92 billion or 31%. The $92 billion would account for 82% of the increase in the deficit.

Stock buy backs do not put money in shareholders pockets. They actually hurt the shareholder long term. If you hold stock in XYZ, and the board decides to reduce the float by buying back shares, they are telling you rather than grow the company, or payout a dividend, they are going to increase the amount of the company they own. Ask the shareholders of Macy’s how those buybacks have worked for them. Macy’s has spent more cash buying back shares than the company is worth today. How does that help a Macy’s shareholder. I’m sure they would have rather had that buyback money in their pocket.

Thanks for the link.

Stock buy backs do not put money in shareholders pockets.

Who gets the money in a buyback?

If you hold stock in XYZ, and the board decides to reduce the float by buying back shares, they are telling you rather than grow the company, or payout a dividend, they are going to increase the amount of the company they own.

And the amount that I own.

Ask the shareholders of Macy’s how those buybacks have worked for them. Macy’s has spent more cash buying back shares than the company is worth today.

Sometimes buybacks are stupid. Sometimes they're great.
Just like any stock purchase.

Who gets the money? The stock holders who sell their shares.

The amount you own doesn’t change.

Stock buybacks are almost if not always bad for the loyal shareholders.

That's weird, I heard someone say, "Stock buy backs do not put money in shareholders pockets"

That's weird, I heard someone say, " the board decides to reduce the float by buying back shares, they are telling you rather than grow the company, or payout a dividend, they are going to increase the amount of the company they own. "

Depends. Does the company hoard the money and then use it to make a stupid acquisition?

Listen, if you want to act like a complete jerk, that’s fine. You don’t have to wait for a stock buyback to sell your shares. You can sell them whenever the fuck you want, and you will never known who bought your shares. I was assuming you were talking about loyal shareholders, those people who don’t sell when the company does a buy back. Those people would be better off with a dividend payment over the company using the excess money to buyback shares. Are you really this dense or just trying to be a douche?

Don’t answer that. After reading the rest of your retorts, you really haven’t a clue about this. See ya.

Listen, if you want to act like a complete jerk, that’s fine

If my pointing out your confusion makes you too sad.....go away.

I was assuming you were talking about loyal shareholders, those people who don’t sell when the company does a buy back.

The shareholders who own a larger piece of the company after each buyback?

Those people would be better off with a dividend payment over the company using the excess money to buyback shares.

Depends. If the tax rate on their dividend hike is higher than their capital gains tax rate.....not so much.
The buybacks also mean more earnings per remaining share to support current and future dividend payments.

Stock holders do not own a bigger share of the company after a buyback. The company does. You really don’t understand this.

Thanks for the link.

Stock buy backs do not put money in shareholders pockets.

Who gets the money in a buyback?

If you hold stock in XYZ, and the board decides to reduce the float by buying back shares, they are telling you rather than grow the company, or payout a dividend, they are going to increase the amount of the company they own.

And the amount that I own.

Ask the shareholders of Macy’s how those buybacks have worked for them. Macy’s has spent more cash buying back shares than the company is worth today.

Sometimes buybacks are stupid. Sometimes they're great.
Just like any stock purchase.

That's weird, I heard someone say, "Stock buy backs do not put money in shareholders pockets"

That's weird, I heard someone say, " the board decides to reduce the float by buying back shares, they are telling you rather than grow the company, or payout a dividend, they are going to increase the amount of the company they own. "

Depends. Does the company hoard the money and then use it to make a stupid acquisition?

Listen, if you want to act like a complete jerk, that’s fine. You don’t have to wait for a stock buyback to sell your shares. You can sell them whenever the fuck you want, and you will never known who bought your shares. I was assuming you were talking about loyal shareholders, those people who don’t sell when the company does a buy back. Those people would be better off with a dividend payment over the company using the excess money to buyback shares. Are you really this dense or just trying to be a douche?

Don’t answer that. After reading the rest of your retorts, you really haven’t a clue about this. See ya.

I was assuming you were talking about loyal shareholders, those people who don’t sell when the company does a buy back.

Those people would be better off with a dividend payment over the company using the excess money to buyback shares.

Depends. If the tax rate on their dividend hike is higher than their capital gains tax rate.....not so much.
The buybacks also mean more earnings per remaining share to support current and future dividend payments.

Stock holders do not own a bigger share of the company after a buyback. The company does. You really don’t understand this.

Stock holders do not own a bigger share of the company after a buyback.

If I own 72 shares out of 900 shares and the company buys back 100 shares,
my ownership has gone up from 8% to 9%.

The company does.

The company doesn't own more of the company, after a buyback.
You really don't understand how corporations work.

The company does.

No idiot, the shares do not disappear when the company buys them back. You own the same portion of the company. Look sport, stay in the shallow end on this one, you’re fighting way over your class.

The company does.

No idiot, the shares do not disappear when the company buys them back. You own the same portion of the company. Look sport, stay in the shallow end on this one, you’re fighting way over your class.

the shares do not disappear when the company buys them back.

They don't give the board increased ownership of the company, like you claimed.
Treasury stock doesn't get a vote. The board doesn't get to vote Treasury shares.

You own the same portion of the company.

You're wrong. Treasury shares don't collect a dividend. They don't get a vote.
How do they continue to dilute my ownership?

you’re fighting way over your class.

You're funny.

Forum List

Back