Trump’s loosening grip on GOP: Politicians like Thomas Massie were desperate to get Trump endorsement 3 years ago, now he's close to endorse DeSantis

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
there's 4 types of Republicans: Never Trump, Always Trump, Sometimes Trump, and Only Trump

excerpt:

“Ron DeSantis is the best governor there ever was,” he said when asked if he planned to endorse in the 2024 presidential primary.

The Kentucky Republican is far from the only one-time Trump ally who’s staying away from the former president, despite his lead in every major poll so far. Some are looking more seriously at his would-be rivals like DeSantis or Gov. Nikki Haley. Others are intentionally staying on the sidelines but privately hoping he stumbles. That sentiment is deepening throughout the Republican Party — but no segment of the party illustrates the shift as vividly as the House GOP, whose members almost universally backed Trump in both previous races.

I wanna see how Meatball Ron stands up to scrutiny and how he handles the debate stage. There's so much hype and donor money being bet on this guy, and yet I could totally see him wilting under pressure.

One thing about the Don: he's battle-tested. He has been through the primary brawls before, and he will bring the firehose to the first debates when they happen, and that firehose is going to be aimed right at little Meatball.

I wanna see how Meatball Ron stands up to scrutiny and how he handles the debate stage. There's so much hype and donor money being bet on this guy, and yet I could totally see him wilting under pressure.

One thing about the Don: he's battle-tested. He has been through the primary brawls before, and he will bring the firehose to the first debates when they happen, and that firehose is going to be aimed right at little Meatball.

You just want to see him get dramatic like Trump. You want to see him get down in the mud like it was some mud wrestling thing.
Most of us like his non dramatic approach. The bickering and name calling is so 10th grade. It got old when Trump started in on Cruz's wife. And it's been old ever since.

While Trump enjoys the drama of bickering, name calling, posting on social media (to appease his following) and way too much golf, DeSantis is a guy who actually works to get things done. His record in FL proves that.
Military service. Check.

Executive Leadership experience. Check.

Legal comprehension (law degree). Check.

Classified military echelon experience. Check.

Family man. Check.

Consistent moral and political path. Check.

Not from NYC. Check.

Not a draft dodger. Check.

Not a former Democrat. Check.

Not a trust fund playboy. Check.

Not incompetent. Check.

Not having dinner with N Korean president. Check.

Not complaining that his generals arent more like Hitler's generals. Check.

You just want to see him get dramatic like Trump. You want to see him get down in the mud like it was some mud wrestling thing.
Most of us like his non dramatic approach. The bickering and name calling is so 10th grade. It got old when Trump started in on Cruz's wife. And it's been old ever since.

While Trump enjoys the drama of bickering, name calling, posting on social media (to appease his following) and way too much golf, DeSantis is a guy who actually works to get things done. His record in FL proves that.
Military service. Check.

Executive Leadership experience. Check.

Legal comprehension (law degree). Check.

Classified military echelon experience. Check.

Family man. Check.

Consistent moral and political path. Check.

Not from NYC. Check.

Not a draft dodger. Check.

Not a former Democrat. Check.

Not a trust fund playboy. Check.

Not incompetent. Check.

Not having dinner with N Korean president. Check.

Not complaining that his generals arent more like Hitler's generals. Check.

The vast majority of items on your checklist don't matter to conservatives.

The vast majority of items on your checklist don't matter to conservatives.

Don't matter to Republicans. But to conservatives they do. It shows his moral character is in check and in line with how actual conservatives live their lives.

As in not cheating on your spouse or children. If one can cheat on their family, they'll cheat on anything.

I wouldn't wish the nomination on Gov. DeSantis, who seems like a nice guy.

But I can't see him standing up to the barrage the libs have prepared for him. Fake Indictments, fake impeachments, fake lawsuits, fake piss videos.

Trump can handle the pressure, mainly because he has the lawyers already on staff and since he only sleeps a few hours a night and has billions of dollars.

Gov. DeSantis just isn't wealthy enough or independent enough to stand up to this kind of thing. I think if he was elected, he'd be forced out of office pretty quick. If the D's are successful in keeping Trump out of the Presidency, they'll use the same tactics to better effect with the next Republican in the dock.

I wouldn't wish the nomination on Gov. DeSantis, who seems like a nice guy.

But I can't see him standing up to the barrage the libs have prepared for him. Fake Indictments, fake impeachments, fake lawsuits, fake piss videos.

Trump can handle the pressure, mainly because he has the lawyers already on staff and since he only sleeps a few hours a night and has billions of dollars.

Gov. DeSantis just isn't wealthy enough or independent enough to stand up to this kind of thing. I think if he was elected, he'd be forced out of office pretty quick. If the D's are successful in keeping Trump out of the Presidency, they'll use the same tactics to better effect with the next Republican in the dock.

I disagree. DeSantis was a soldier. I'm pretty sure he can handle words and bashing.

I disagree. DeSantis was a soldier. I'm pretty sure he can handle words and bashing.

He might be able to take it verbally.

But he doesn't have the legal staff to handle all of the legal problems like Fake Impeachments and Fake Indictments.

The division on the right is much more interesting than the division between left and right.

He might be able to take it verbally.

But he doesn't have the legal staff to handle all of the legal problems like Fake Impeachments and Fake Indictments.

He'll get it. And it'll be better than Trumps group of either criminals or backstabbers.

Forum List

Back