Trump's legal team is falling apart right before the impeachment trial

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Doesn't really matter anyway, the chances of conviction are small.

Anyone who comes within this man's orbit joins the circus. But it's their own fault -- they should know better.

He's not even in office any more, and the chaos continues.

Just a thought.........does the idea that Trump is still going to run with the conspiracy theory of a stolen election that caused the attack on Congress cause any of the Senators to reconsider their position to not convict?

I'm betting that if he really does argue this at his trial it does.

Just a thought.........does the idea that Trump is still going to run with the conspiracy theory of a stolen election that caused the attack on Congress cause any of the Senators to reconsider their position to not convict?

I'm betting that if he really does argue this at his trial it does.
It would be pretty interesting to know how much, um, input he's having. I'd imagine quite a bit.

I guess they have to introduce the Big Lie as an excuse, but he was feeding them the Big Lie.

Oh well. Too many Republicans afraid for their lives to get a conviction anyway.

These lawyers didn’t want to be useful idiots for Trump spreading lies about voter fraud. I am glad to see that integrity is not altogether dead.

Anyone who comes within this man's orbit joins the circus. But it's their own fault -- they should know better.

A stolen election cannot cure your TDS.

It will take many years of therapy, if it's curable at all.

Last edited:
Not to worry. Trump has the best defense for impeachment – Senate Republicans.
True when the jury pool is rigged, the outcome is predetermined.
As cowardly and shameless as they are, there's now an added issue, and that is that voting for conviction would no doubt put their lives at risk and those of their families.

With CNN reporting, "A person familiar with the departures told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office," Hoenig said it likely went deeper than that.

"What a mess," Honig began when asked about the latest developments.

"Here we are, we are a week and change out from trial and the former president has nobody representing him," he explained. "So lawyers generally have a very broad obligation to represent their clients; criminal defending, impeachment defending, whatever it may be. When you see something like this, what it tells you there was a difference in terms of not necessarily just strategy, but if a defense lawyer believes he is be made to make an argument that is either a lie or dangerous or unethical, that's where you see resignations like this."

"Small"? Try fucking non-existent!
I can't wait to see all the 'Progressives' in fucking welfare lines after Biden shuts down all tanker traffic in Alaska!

These lawyers didn’t want to be useful idiots for Trump spreading lies about voter fraud. I am glad to see that integrity is not altogether dead.
If these snakes in the grass can see the writing on the wall then why can't elected Republicans down to the town drunk?

Will this testimony and Trump doubling down cause some to reconsider?
You would think it would matter....but Republicans seem to have lost their minds long ago.

I just don't know if the Repub Senators have an ounce of Profiles in Courage.

Trump getting rid of his Counsil, because they wanted to argue the constitutionality of a post presidency impeachment trial for his defense, but he wanted them to argue he won the election but the election was stolen,

blows it all up with the Repub senators who took a vote on whether a Senate trial was constitutional post departure, who mostly voted it wasn't...

that constitutionality vote, was these Senator's way out, of not having to vote on what trump was actually being impeached for and did....They planned to get Trump off for his crimes or abuses, by calling the trial unconstitutional....

I heard they were going to prevent witnesses as well, with a vote...or try to....

I sure hope there will be a trial, with witnesses, and a Defense team in tact and for once, the cowardly republican senators do their constitutional duty instead of looking for a cop out....

Will this testimony and Trump doubling down cause some to reconsider?
You would think it would matter....but Republicans seem to have lost their minds long ago.

I just don't know if the Repub Senators have an ounce of Profiles in Courage.

Trump getting rid of his Counsil, because they wanted to argue the constitutionality of a post presidency impeachment trial for his defense, but he wanted them to argue he won the election but the election was stolen,

blows it all up with the Repub senators who took a vote on whether a Senate trial was constitutional post departure, who mostly voted it wasn't...

that constitutionality vote, was these Senator's way out, of not having to vote on what trump was actually being impeached for and did....They planned to get Trump off for his crimes or abuses, by calling the trial unconstitutional....

I heard they were going to prevent witnesses as well, with a vote...or try to....

I sure hope there will be a trial, with witnesses, and a Defense team in tact and for once, the cowardly republican senators do their constitutional duty instead of looking for a cop out....

Republicans want to play both sides of the fence. Condemn the violence while they let Trump slide on a technicality.

Let them vote on a stolen election. The same Congressmen who were elected in that same stolen election

Forum List

Back