Trump’s Campaign Chairman Still Not Sure Why Telling The Truth Matters

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Paul Manafort would really like it if the media could just “move on” and let him lie.

“You don’t want to acknowledge it because that’s the way this campaign works,” Cuomo said. “Which leads into the second problem, which is that when faced with something that you did wrong, you just deny it, no matter if it’s true or not.”

Cuomo described a series of the Trump campaign’s obvious lies. There was the time the GOP presidential nominee mocked a New York Times reporter for a physical disability, then denied ever even knowing him. More recently, Trump tweeted a photo of his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton beside a symbol that resembled the Star of David. The text inside the star read “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” The Trump campaign claimed the image was actually a “sheriff’s star” but neglected to mention that white supremacists created the meme.

“There’s a pattern of denying the obvious,” Cuomo said. “What happens when you’re running the government of the United States and you don’t want to deal with what happens then? That’s the concern, that’s why I don’t understand why you won’t just own this little thing and move on.”

Manafort shot back with a jumbled string of words.

“The pattern that I see is a pattern of the media not being prepared to look at what’s really going on in America, look at what’s really happening with the Trump campaign, look at what really is being tapped into, and looking at why it’s working,” he said.

Manafort suggested Cuomo and the rest of the media “move on” from getting the Trump campaign to admit the obvious mistake.

“But I can’t move on, because you keep lying about it, so I can’t move on from it,” Cuomo replied. “Because I have to talk about what is true. Did a portion of the language of that speech come from Michelle Obama’s speech, yes or no?”

Manafort said “similar words” were used, but the “feelings of those words and commonality of those words do not create a situation where we feel we have to agree with you.”

Welcome to the end times.

There is no truth in the Trump campaign. The truth doesn't matter to them or their supporters. I've never seen anything like it. They just say whatever they want and move on. It's impossible to debunk all the lies because they keep coming in a constant stream. In a nutshell - Paul Manafort is saying that they're "winning" with lies - so why change.

How can any "true" Christians vote for a candidate that is "not sure why telling the truth matters"?

Paul Manafort would really like it if the media could just “move on” and let him lie.

“You don’t want to acknowledge it because that’s the way this campaign works,” Cuomo said. “Which leads into the second problem, which is that when faced with something that you did wrong, you just deny it, no matter if it’s true or not.”

Cuomo described a series of the Trump campaign’s obvious lies. There was the time the GOP presidential nominee mocked a New York Times reporter for a physical disability, then denied ever even knowing him. More recently, Trump tweeted a photo of his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton beside a symbol that resembled the Star of David. The text inside the star read “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” The Trump campaign claimed the image was actually a “sheriff’s star” but neglected to mention that white supremacists created the meme.

“There’s a pattern of denying the obvious,” Cuomo said. “What happens when you’re running the government of the United States and you don’t want to deal with what happens then? That’s the concern, that’s why I don’t understand why you won’t just own this little thing and move on.”

“The pattern that I see is a pattern of the media not being prepared to look at what’s really going on in America, look at what’s really happening with the Trump campaign, look at what really is being tapped into, and looking at why it’s working,” he said.

Manafort suggested Cuomo and the rest of the media “move on” from getting the Trump campaign to admit the obvious mistake.

“But I can’t move on, because you keep lying about it, so I can’t move on from it,” Cuomo replied. “Because I have to talk about what is true. Did a portion of the language of that speech come from Michelle Obama’s speech, yes or no?”

Manafort said “similar words” were used, but the “feelings of those words and commonality of those words do not create a situation where we feel we have to agree with you.”

There is no truth in the Trump campaign. The truth doesn't matter to them or their supporters. I've never seen anything like it. They just say whatever they want and move on. It's impossible to debunk all the lies because they keep coming in a constant stream. In a nutshell - Paul Manafort is saying that they're "winning" with lies - so why change.

Indeed, and he could have mentioned denying he knew who David Duke was.

McIver's statement today makes Manafort an obvious liar. But in Rump Bizzaroworld that probably actually scores him points. These creatures are truly from some other world.

Manafort actually blamed Hillary Clinton of all people yesterday. He may even still stand behind it. It's fluent Doublethink.

McIver's statement today makes Manafort an obvious liar. But in Rump Bizzaroworld that probably actually scores him points. These creatures are truly from some other world.

Manafort actually blamed Hillary Clinton of all people yesterday. He may even still stand behind it. It's fluent Doublethink.

Yep, it's like a parallel universe where normal laws and rules don't apply.

Rump has never taken any kind of responsibility for anything, anywhere, ever. Never admits to a mistake, never apologized, absolute zero. Hasn't even ever held a job, he's that irresponsible. Won't admit to his own bankruptcies. That attitude creates a culture in his campaign that does the same thing.

It's like a page out of Orwell's 1984. A complete reliance on self-delusion.

Rump has never taken any kind of responsibility for anything, anywhere, ever. Never admits to a mistake, never apologized, absolute zero. Hasn't even ever held a job, he's that irresponsible. Won't admit to his own bankruptcies. That attitude creates a culture in his campaign that does the same thing.

I think you need to replace Rump with Clinton.
Much better description of her by far.

It doesn't pun as well. Plus nobody would know who I was talking about. They'd think I was bringing up Kim Kardashian.

It doesn't pun as well. Plus nobody would know who I was talking about. They'd think I was bringing up Kim Kardashian.

Trump is running a Kim Kardashian campaign - it's all about nothing. At least Seinfeld made sense.

How can any "true" Christians vote for a candidate that is "not sure why telling the truth matters"?

Simple, they don't want other vote for a baby killing, Christian hating, leftwinger.....not difficult

This thread perfectly sums up the Trump campaign. Truth? What truth?

You support Hilary, you have no room to talk.....most corrupt candidate ever...
She makes harding look like a.choir boy and keep sucking her dick.

Coming from a Clinton butt kisser, now that's funny.

Coming from a Clinton butt kisser, now that's funny.

No, it came from Trump's campaign manager.

Forum List

Back