Trump's Bright Idea

It's not a matter of concern for some. I like the quality of incandescent light better than other options, and that's all that matters.

When he announced it at the rally in N. Carolina there was THUNDEROUS applause....the people have spoken .

You really have no idea what you're talking about. LED lights are non toxic and can be disposed of with other household trash.

The tungsten alloy filament in your incandescent bulb is a known carcinogen. If your LEDs make you look dead maybe you should take your pulse, I have no such issues with mine.

you just have to love morons that are fighting to use more electricity and start more fires.
They love paying higher electric bills. Utility companies are wealthy so they must be good, right?

Obviously, some people still like and want regular light bulbs and can afford the extra 25¢ a year in power costs! So why does that bother a fucknob like you so much? If you think LEDs are so non-toxic, go eat a transistor! Same stuff. Tungsten? When a bulb is used up, there is almost nothing left of the hair-like wire. If you ate it, it would pass through your body unharmed.

There are clear advantages and differences to both incandescent, LED and CFT; I use a lot of rheostats--- ---- you can't put an LED or CFT on a dimmer; a few years ago when they were "phasing out" regular light bulbs, they were giving them away! Got a ton of them dirt cheap. All the energy savings in the world would never justify the cost of replacing them all with modern style bulbs. Have you ever been working under your car on a cold winter's night with a work light trying to get something fixed? That little bit of heat coming off the light bulb is actually a WELCOME thing. Are you going to put your LED bulb in your oven and bake it at 450°?

There's enough room in this world for BOTH kinds of light bulbs, and the FREEDOM to choose which better serves your needs, that is if we can keep a free society clear of idiots like you who think it is their place to tell everyone else what they should like, use and want.

Last edited:
I buy and use both kind of bulbs, dont know about Calif, but never have had any problem buying either kind, why is this a big deal, buy what you want. cheering over light bulbs?

Currently LED cost is much higher than Incandescent used to be (if you can find them, not in CA?). The lightbulb isle became a maze of total confusion in CA at 4x-10x the old cost for weaker light. Maybe you save some cost on power used?

If put in a porch light (extreme heat) they quit working. The light is less. Had two stop working inside for no reason within 1 year, the others still working.

^^^^^says throw into trash? Huh? Plastic, gold metals, Silicon? I am doubtful of that? Can you put them in the recycle bin? In CA used to have to bag separate with batteries and put on top recycle bin.
I have had a few at least stop working. I read up on the light receptacle parts and more. The regular lights just lasted until burnt out. If you had an issue then others have had issues.

Currently LED cost is much higher than Incandescent used to be (if you can find them, not in CA?). The lightbulb isle became a maze of total confusion in CA at 4x-10x the old cost for weaker light. Maybe you save some cost on power used?

If put in a porch light (extreme heat) they quit working. The light is less. Had two stop working inside for no reason within 1 year, the others still working.

^^^^^says throw into trash? Huh? Plastic, gold metals, Silicon? I am doubtful of that? Can you put them in the recycle bin? In CA used to have to bag separate with batteries and put on top recycle bin.
I have had a few at least stop working. I read up on the light receptacle parts and more. The regular lights just lasted until burnt out. If you had an issue then others have had issues.

The CFT is a fluorescent tube and requires careful disposal like a regular florescent.
An LED bulb is an electronic bulb and electronics are not thrown out in the trash but must be taken to special recycling centers.
I've long had a desire to make some NTC (negative temperature coefficient) discs to insert at the base of where light bulbs screw in. I've always wondered why they don't make bulbs with them built in. Would only cost pennies. What it would do is offer a high resistance until after the bulb came on then drop its resistance to near zero. This would create a "soft-start" light bulb that would come on gently over a few seconds. Would not affect using them with dimmers.

What wears out regular light bulbs is the shock of getting hit with all this current cold. It weakens the filament and makes it break. That's why regular bulbs almost always go bad/break when you first turn them on. A soft start light bulb would gently ramp up the current as the bulb warmed over 1-3 seconds allowing the bulb to last virtually forever.

You can do a similar thing with a dimmer if you turn it down first, switch it on, then turn up the intensity------ it saves the filament from getting slammed by instant full current while still cold and having to heat up violently.

They never built such a bulb because they want you replacing them, now they want you to pay out the ass for a "long-life" electronic bulb. Unless you are a heavy light user with lamps on all over the place all night long, you'll spend years running the new bulbs before you even break even on the high cost you paid for them.

Just like everything else pushed by the environmental wackos, they are not saving anything, merely shifting more of the cost and burden onto the consumer treating them like Pavlov's dog where if you sting them enough for "wrong" behavior, you'll eventually condition them to behave the way you want.

Last edited:

If put in a porch light (extreme heat) they quit working. The light is less. Had two stop working inside for no reason?

Yep, just crazy expensive...:21::21::21::21:

View attachment 280368

I have a front yard lamp post with 3 lights, 2 on my porch and two on the garage. Put LEDs in all when I moved in 3 years ago, all still work...100 degree days and 10 degrees days mixed in.

Running all night in CA on west facing covered porch some quit? Also in an outside garage wall fixture facing west. Also in another state the installed LED porch bulb quit. 2 inside. Over $9 for two inside shape size type.

Yes price is coming down but those cut rate Great Value 60W are not what some fixtures need....i.e. recessed can lighting indoors. If you want a name bread, soft light....more costly.

Last edited:
You really have no idea what you're talking about. LED lights are non toxic and can be disposed of with other household trash.

The tungsten alloy filament in your incandescent bulb is a known carcinogen. If your LEDs make you look dead maybe you should take your pulse, I have no such issues with mine.

LMAO!! You're a stinking communist....little wonder you defend the ugly and treacherous LED.
So, you concede my point then.

Thank you.

Perhaps because you're not near as bright as a bulb.
Top 3 Dangers of LED Lights
The Health Dangers of LED Lights
That screen you are staring at when you look at this website is made of LEDs. You gonna give that up?

Do you eat your's with mustard or ketchup?
Franks-Ethel-With-Bottle.jpg

you just have to love morons that are fighting to use more electricity and start more fires.
They love paying higher electric bills. Utility companies are wealthy so they must be good, right?

Obviously, some people still like and want regular light bulbs and can afford the extra 25¢ a year in power costs! So why does that bother a fucknob like you so much? If you think LEDs are so non-toxic, go eat a transistor! Same stuff. Tungsten? When a bulb is used up, there is almost nothing left of the hair-like wire. If you ate it, it would pass through your body unharmed.

There are clear advantages and differences to both incandescent, LED and CFT; I use a lot of rheostats--- ---- you can't put an LED or CFT on a dimmer; a few years ago when they were "phasing out" regular light bulbs, they were giving them away! Got a ton of them dirt cheap. All the energy savings in the world would never justify the cost of replacing them all with modern style bulbs. Have you ever been working under your car on a cold winter's night with a work light trying to get something fixed? That little bit of heat coming off the light bulb is actually a WELCOME thing. Are you going to put your LED bulb in your oven and bake it at 450°?

There's enough room in this world for BOTH kinds of light bulbs, and the FREEDOM to choose which better serves your needs, that is if we can keep a free society clear of idiots like you who think it is their place to tell everyone else what they should like, use and want.
Wow dude.

You really like lightbulbs.

Wow dude.

You really like lightbulbs.

He should change his name to bulbfreak

That screen you are staring at when you look at this website is made of LEDs. You gonna give that up?

Sure if that means not having to read another one of your dumbass posts.

Try staring at your monitor without any other light on in the room....If you're young, which you aren't, it won't affect you much but if you're old, like you are, it will quickly tire out your eyes. LED light ain't natural like incandescent....maybe that's what wrong with you.

Adios! See ya! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Try staring at your monitor without any other light on in the room....If you're young, which you aren't, it won't affect you much but if you're old, like you are, it will quickly tire out your eyes. LED light ain't natural like incandescent....maybe that's what wrong with you.
I'm 52, neither old nor young but somewhere in the middle.

And it doesn't bother me at all. I watch TV in the dark most evenings.

Pretty sure nobody is making read a damn thing...

Gee, did I say anyone was "making", fricken pay attention.

Gee, did I say anyone was "making", fricken pay attention.

Yet, here you are still reading his post! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Forum List

Back