Trump won't take a position on abortion and the 6-week thing

No...you'd have to believe that the State can mandate carrying to term.

After a certain point the State's interest is in both the mother AND the fetus.

Which is why there should be exceptions for the life of the mother, and fetal non-viability.

With the Christian right-wing anti-abortion movement in the “moral” vanguard, the logic of the Republican “Moral Majority” is — if they win control of both Houses and the White House — to pass a national law banning abortion. The Constitution says nothing specific about limiting Congress one way or another in voting up or down national law on abortion. Today’s Supreme Court would allow a national anti-abortion law in a minute. This is just another danger posed by MAGA. “Returning to the past” … is no solution to the problems of the present!

*The Roe vs. Wade decision recognized a woman’s total ”right to privacy” and to control her own body in the first trimester, but also recognized an amorphous “state right” to regulate and limit abortions especially after the second trimester. It was a working compromise which the reactionary right refused to accept. If MAGA ever wins a big victory in Congress, it will establish a national law effectively outlawing abortion.
1. True Christians are pro-life. That is not a bad thing.

2. IMHO the 2022 mid-terms showed the GOP that the abortion issue is a loser nationally. The Gen-Z kids are really motivated to vote their issues. Politically the abortion issue needs to be the 3rd-rail for Republicans. Just STFU and let the states deal with it.

3. I can guarantee you that there will be NO Republican effort to ban abortions nationally. Anyone who proposes that will never win a primary.

1. True Christians are pro-life. That is not a bad thing.
2. IMHO the 2022 mid-terms showed the GOP that the abortion issue is a loser nationally…. Just STFU and let the states deal with it.
3. I can guarantee you that there will be NO Republican effort to ban abortions nationally. Anyone who proposes that will never win a primary.

Why on earth would I believe your worthless “guarantee” against my own better judgement? Why don’t you “just STFU” and look at reality.

Even the Federalist Society has run articles talking about how a “national anti-abortion law” — while not appropriate to push for now — is both fully Constitutional and something Conservatives should aim to implement when they have a majority in both houses.

Besides, as somebody who lives in Florida I already have a perfect right and reason to loudly oppose and warn about MAGA Republicans who already passed a “model” law here banning abortion after the first 6 weeks! Who pushed for it? Your unannounced, supposedly “reasonable” alternative to Trump — MAGA candidate Ron DeSantis!

Who else supports an anti-abortion national law? Trump’s “supposedly reasonable” ex-Vice President Pence and all the “Moral Majority” evangelicals! Without the votes of extremists, Christian evangelicals and the “Moral Majority,” MAGA Republicans will not be able to stay in power should they win it again nationally.

Some Trump-voting “Conservative” Repubs think that their “critical support” for Trump and his “Big Lie” MAGA demagogery has worked out just fine — look at the Federalist Society Supreme Court judges he appointed!

They figure a lying reactionary populist movement combined with a backward-looking pro-corporate Supreme Court will naturally stop at “reasonable” reforms keeping our Republican institutions strong.

But if the not-so-clever Democrats get crushed electorally (perhaps after an economic crisis or foreign policy disaster) such critical Trump supporters will all quickly discover they themselves are treated as “RINOs.” The very momentum of the elephant they are riding will throw them aside and crush them, and “drain” our Republic’s institutions of all remaining integrity. It is not just Trump who is willing to “terminate” our laws and Constitution to win and keep power.

The Republican Party no longer has any liberal faction or any forces with conscience and backbone able to restrain the radicals, and the cynical grifters and extremists who now are ascendant once firmly in power will use their power to enforce an extremist program. They may lose and destroy the Republican Party. But they may also win big and lead the party to a “great victory” that devastates “liberal democracy” and democratic rights for women and “minorities,” establishing a totally “anti-liberal” government of their own.

Last edited:
Trump already nominated pro-life justices. That worked out well. The abortion issue is where it belongs.

Even RBG said RvW was wrongly decided, Dobbs sent it back to the states where it belongs.

Trump bitch slapped you fools with the Trump SCOTUS, tissue?
You said nothing about Trump's position on the six week period. This reflects how difficult it is for you guys to defend his silence. You won't even talk about it

Trump already nominated pro-life justices. That worked out well. The abortion issue is where it belongs.

Even RBG said RvW was wrongly decided, Dobbs sent it back to the states where it belongs.

"I remember having sex with friends @ a young age; showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate)"-- Joe Biden's Daughter, not Russian disinformation
Unsubstantiated claim from an obscure website you find in the dark web.
You're one of my top candidates for the misinformer of the year award that I will grant at the end of this year.

Victory won't come easy because you will have to defeat Macho Man and nostra, but you're certainly up there.

Why on earth would I believe your worthless “guarantee” against my own better judgement? Why don’t you “just STFU” and look at reality.

Even the Federalist Society has run articles talking about how a “national anti-abortion law” — while not appropriate to push for now — is both fully Constitutional and something Conservatives should aim to implement when they have a majority in both houses.

Besides, as somebody who lives in Florida I already have a perfect right and reason to loudly oppose and warn about MAGA Republicans who already passed a “model” law here banning abortion after the first 6 weeks! Who pushed for it? Your unannounced, supposedly “reasonable” alternative to Trump — MAGA candidate Ron DeSantis!

Who else supports an anti-abortion national law? Trump’s “supposedly reasonable” ex-Vice President Pence and all the “Moral Majority” evangelicals! Without the votes of extremists, Christian evangelicals and the “Moral Majority,” MAGA Republicans will not be able to stay in power should they win it again nationally.

Some Trump-voting “Conservative” Repubs think that their “critical support” for Trump and his “Big Lie” MAGA demagogery has worked out just fine — look at the Federalist Society Supreme Court judges he appointed!

They figure a lying reactionary populist movement combined with a backward-looking pro-corporate Supreme Court will naturally stop at “reasonable” reforms keeping our Republican institutions strong.

But if the not-so-clever Democrats get crushed electorally (perhaps after an economic crisis or foreign policy disaster) such critical Trump supporters will all quickly discover they themselves are treated as “RINOs.” The very momentum of the elephant they are riding will throw them aside and crush them, and “drain” our Republic’s institutions of all remaining integrity. It is not just Trump who is willing to “terminate” our laws and Constitution to win and keep power.

The Republican Party no longer has any liberal faction or any forces with conscience and backbone able to restrain the radicals, and the cynical grifters and extremists who now are ascendant once firmly in power will use their power to enforce an extremist program. They may lose and destroy the Republican Party. But they may also win big and lead the party to a “great victory” that devastates “liberal democracy” and democratic rights for women and “minorities,” establishing a totally “anti-liberal” government of their own.
Keep dreaming. There will be no Republicans who want a national abortion ban on the national ticket, that is reality.
Look at Nikki Haley, no national ban.
Trump can say he got rid of RvW, that's all he needs to do.
Desantis won't push for a national law. So that as they say is that.

You're one of my top candidates for the misinformer of the year award that I will grant at the end of this year.
Victory won't come easy because you will have to defeat Macho Man and nostra, but you're certainly up there.
RBG on RvW

You said nothing about Trump's position on the six week period. This reflects how difficult it is for you guys to defend his silence. You won't even talk about it
RvW is back to the states where it belongs. There is no need for further discussion.

No, that's from Ashley's Diary. I think the Diary and the laptop are calls for help

Then that is what he should say.
Silence-S.jpg

Forum List

Back