Trump won over Hillary primarily because Americans are incredibly stupid

Trump won over Hillary, because Hillary and her pathetic sycophants have made it very clear that this is what they think of most Americans.

Letting people know that you think they are stupid is not a very effective way to win their support.
I don't understand how you people so easily misunderstand the basic premise of my thread. ANY other candidate in the 2016 race is far better than Trump.

You say stupid stuff, people disagree and you can't figure out why. Yet everyone else is stupid

I was life long Republican and changed my party status to independent, when Trump was nominated, and will never go back to the Republican party. These people should NOT be involved in politics and frankly they're not smart enough to be voting either.

Their first mistake was making Trump the poster child of the Republican party, they're second mistake was NOT voting for Hillary Clinton to keep this ass clown out of the Oval office.

Yea, sure you were a life long republican [sarcasm mode off]

The notion that you progs are the smart ones and the rest of us are abject morons is precisely why you lost. People have tired of your condescending bullshit about everyone outside of NY, DC or LA being hayseeds.
Are you saying that republicans vote out of spite?

No. I'm saying that calling the American people "Deplorables", "unwashed masses", etc. doesn't exactly endear you to voters. Just look at this thread title.... that was the prog message this election.
Yep. Perhaps they're just so used to insulting people that they don't even realize that they're doing it.

Nasty, intolerant, closed-minded, narcissistic.

They're not liberal, that's fer damn sure.
Doesn't make much sense to me. I guess that means that Mitt Romney's 47% comment was supposed to resonate with me because I'm not in that 47%? I thought he was a douchebag and he was supposedly on my side.

Why did Trump win?

Low information voters in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin who bought into Trumps lies and were willing to vote for a narcissistic snake oil salesman

What's even more amazing is those words that you described about Trump and his voters can easily be applied to Obama and his supporters.

The notion that you progs are the smart ones and the rest of us are abject morons is precisely why you lost. People have tired of your condescending bullshit about everyone outside of NY, DC or LA being hayseeds.

No. I'm saying that calling the American people "Deplorables", "unwashed masses", etc. doesn't exactly endear you to voters. Just look at this thread title.... that was the prog message this election.
Yep. Perhaps they're just so used to insulting people that they don't even realize that they're doing it.

Doesn't make much sense to me. I guess that means that Mitt Romney's 47% comment was supposed to resonate with me because I'm not in that 47%? I thought he was a douchebag and he was supposedly on my side.
Yeah, same with Hillary and her "deplorables" comment.

But, of course, this is about a lot more than just a couple of politicians.

Well, if you're implying that it's because libs have become nasty and that's turning off cons, I think you need to look at the kind gentle words that many cons direct toward the other end of the spectrum. And from my standpoint, they started it (or maybe I should say that Rush Limbaugh did).

Well, if you're implying that it's because libs have become nasty and that's turning off cons, I think you need to look at the kind gentle words that many cons direct toward the other end of the spectrum. And from my standpoint, they started it (or maybe I should say that Rush Limbaugh did).
I'm not inferring that. Conservatives weren't going to vote for Hillary. Trump did well with independents.

If you don't see it, you don't see it.

Why did Trump win?

Low information voters in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin who bought into Trumps lies and were willing to vote for a narcissistic snake oil salesman

What's even more amazing is those words that you described about Trump and his voters can easily be applied to Obama and his supporters.
Not even close

There has never been a candidate of the ineptitude of Trump..... believe me

Why did Trump win?

Low information voters? LOL!

The low information voters were you dumbass Moon Bats that thought Crooked Hillary was honest, competent and that a continuation of the failures of the Obama administration was going to be the right track for the US. It doesn't get any dumber than that, does it? You are the stupid Americans Jonathan Gruber told us about.

Trump may or may not make America great again. However, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he will be better than that Crooked Hillary piece of shit. How much better will be determined upon how much of the damage that was done by Obama that he can undo.

Did you conservatives know you were voting for Ryancare when you voted for Trump?

Did you stupid Moon Bats know you were voting for the lies of Obamacare when you stuck your heads up your asses and voted for that worthless affirmative action piece of shit Obama?

It seems the OP just hasn't learned. You can't win over voters by calling them names. It just doesn't work. Perhaps this worked in the 80s and 90s... people were proud and cared about how others thought of them. It doesn't work in the 21st century. The name calling just seems to galvanize their resolve... The Deplorables, for example. Hillary made the denigration and that group turned it into a badge of honor and wore it proudly.

You're just not going to win elections with identity politics anymore. But really, that's all you have because your party has become the party of special interests. You're not listening and responding to the general public, you have to pander to this group and that group. Younger generations are becoming less and less hive-minded and more independent in their thinking.

It is your failure to understand the changing landscape of politics which has landed you in this predicament. You've now lost all your political power. You don't control any branch of government at the federal level and on the state level, only four states have majority Democrat legislatures with Democrat governors. It's the weakest the party has been in over 100 years.... and it ain't because the Republicans are all that great.

And here you are.... continuing to try and denigrate and insult your way back to relevancy. Calling people stupid isn't going to work. But hey... please, don't listen to me, don't take my advice. I hope that you all remain clueless and continue to do what you've been doing.
Lol you're such a moron. Either that, or you intentionally ignored the first point I made in my thread. If that's the case, grow the fuck up. Nothing changes the fact that you helped elect a complete moron to office. A president with an unprecedented lack of qualification for the job. Yep, you're as stupid as he is.

I personally voted for Ted Cruz in the primary and Darrell Castle in the general, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess, because I am giving you my objective political opinion, you think I am a Trump cheerleader.

I don't think Trump is a moron. He's actually pretty smart to have navigated through the primaries and defeat 16 better-qualified candidates, then defy all odds to beat the powerful Clinton Machine in the general. What is unprecedented is the magnitude of that accomplishment by someone who never held a political office before.

What's happening is, you're still trying to come to grips with the unbelievable loss you suffered. For months, you thought there wasn't any possible chance Trump was going to win the election. In the aftermath, you just can't believe this has happened and you struggle with trying to explain it. So you've come up with this notion that people are just stupid.

I can't argue there aren't stupid people, after all, Hillary DID get some votes.
You're right. I haven't dealt with the hellish nightmare of a Trump win. Of course it really isn't about me is it? It doesnt matter what i do. Nothing changes the fact that it was was god awful mistake to elect Trump. You thinking he is smart is all the more reason for me to conclude you're stupid.

You can't even acknowledge that trump has some intelligence. But then you were one of the people claiming Obama was one of the most intelligent people ever despite no evidence

Stupid lefties admit that "Hillary was a terrible candidate and terrible at campaigning" and they still think she should have won and they call the rest of America stupid. Go figure.

I say this with some caveats:

1) For the most part I did not like Hillary. She had a few strong qualities, but she was a terrible candidate. She was terrible at campaigning. It was incredibly embarrassing she lost to a degenerate like Donald Trump. A couple of her scandals had some degree to truth to them even if for the most part Faux News and republicans wildly exaggerated them.

2) It didn't help that the Russian puppets at Wikileaks targeted one political party to influence the election.

3) if Hillary had lost against a reasonable moderate like Romney or Huntsman, I could forgive the American people for making the still stupid mistake of electing a republican.

4) Lastly, I agree the DNC is corrupt and completely untrustworthy. They also majorly failed in explaining why the democrat party is better for average joe than the souless GOP who only cares about the profits of the richest among us. Can you imagine the troves of corruption we would find in the RNC emails? We didn't because Putin/Wikileaks knew helping a peon like Trump win was in the best interests of Russia.

However, despite all of that, Trump still should have easily lost. I think it is nothing short of a nightmare that ANY other republican in the 2016 race is not president instead. I wouldn't be happy in the least if Ted Cruz was currently president. I can't stand that creepy piece of shit, but at least I know he has some level of professionalism and intelligence when it would come to being president. At least Cruz would have understood the basics in designing public policy.

Hell, I would GLADLY take GW Bush over Trump and that says A LOT.

Trump on the other hand is no smarter or more emotionally mature than the degenerate sitting at the corner of the bar at 2AM spouting off conspiracy theories he saw on InfoWars. Trump is an unprecedented disaster in American politics.

All of his corrupt bullshit should have been more than enough for the large majority of American voters to say "fine, I'll vote for Hillary. It sucks, but obviously anyone is better than Trump."

Dear Billy000
I think both sides are right, there are major problems and risks with both Trump and Clinton.

What it boils down to:
More people could FORGIVE Trump than forgive and trust Clinton and the Democrats to be in charge of setting the narrative for America.

Forgiveness is not "stupidity"
it is still taking a chance

but I think America voted taking that chance with their eyes WIDE OPEN, whether they voted for Clinton or Trump, nobody is stupid. They KNOW both candidates present major problems, some as big as the problems we already face.

I think we all walked right into what we see going on now. And we are just trying to sort it out as best we can, given the mess we all face.

We all know both sides have major problems.
That's obvious to everyone and openly complained about in the media both left and right.
You're mostly correct but nothing changes the fact that it was a god awful mistake to elect Trump regardless of whether or not his opponent was Hillary.

And what evidence is there that he was a mistake? I didn't vote for him but as of now he hasn't been that bad. Better than Obama definitely.

73363597.jpg

Bourdain_zpsqy3r3k7x.gif~original
^^^ This ^^^

That's not why Trump won. He only won by getting a few thousand votes in 3 states. He got those votes over trade and jobs issues. Hillary's loss had nothing to do with Mac1958s rant.

So he won the votes on the merits of his platform but didn't win on his merits... Which one is it?

I was life long Republican and changed my party status to independent, when Trump was nominated, and will never go back to the Republican party. These people should NOT be involved in politics and frankly they're not smart enough to be voting either.

Their first mistake was making Trump the poster child of the Republican party, they're second mistake was NOT voting for Hillary Clinton to keep this ass clown out of the Oval office.

Yea, sure you were a life long republican [sarcasm mode off]

I certainly was, I have been on this board since 2007, and have over 16,000 posts to prove it, if you want to check.

73363597.jpg

Bourdain_zpsqy3r3k7x.gif~original
^^^ This ^^^

That's not why Trump won. He only won by getting a few thousand votes in 3 states. He got those votes over trade and jobs issues. Hillary's loss had nothing to do with Mac1958s rant.

So he won the votes on the merits of his platform but didn't win on his merits... Which one is it?

What merits are you talking about? I didn't know an immature, emotionally unstable MALE drama queen had any "merits?"

20150805edcmc-a_0.jpg

Why did Trump win?

Low information voters? LOL!

The low information voters were you dumbass Moon Bats that thought Crooked Hillary was honest, competent and that a continuation of the failures of the Obama administration was going to be the right track for the US. It doesn't get any dumber than that, does it? You are the stupid Americans Jonathan Gruber told us about.

Trump may or may not make America great again. However, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he will be better than that Crooked Hillary piece of shit. How much better will be determined upon how much of the damage that was done by Obama that he can undo.
No
We are actually talking about low information voters
Those who actually bought in to Lying Ted, Little Marco and Crooked Hillary while voting for the least prepared and most il-suited candidate to ever run for president

It's obvious that the left is angry and hysterical and desperate but how stupid do you have to be to call the President a "degenerate" based on a leaked ten year old phone conversation and not know that the democrat candidate spent her entire sorry pathetic life enabling her degenerate husband's abuse of women?

Forum List

Back