Trump was right...GM importing while laying off Americans...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Obama bailed them out, and they turn around and fucked us.

Right now in the United States, there are Chevy Cruze sedans for sale at GM dealerships that were made in Mexico.

In fact, CNNMoney even found a Mexican-made Cruze sedan for sale at a GM dealership in Lordstown, Ohio.

No wonder workers at the GM Assembly Plant in Lordstown are livid. The plant is facing 1,200 layoffs this Friday, the day of Trump's inauguration.

GM told the workers there were too many Cruze sedans on car lots. They weren't selling, so GM had to cut some of the 4,500 workers at the Lordstown plant.

"It's the ultimate insult: Chevy Cruzes with Mexican VIN numbers shipped to Lordstown," says Heather Lexso, a worker at the GM plant in Lordstown. She is losing her job putting carpets in the trunk as GM eliminates the entire third shift.

Trump was right about Mexican-made Chevy Cruze cars sold in U.S.
GM lied, bald faced lied...make them pay for it.

This shit should have been stopped 20 years ago.....Trump IS going to stop it

Do you believe them?

They just lied to you straight to your face.

What GM sent CNNMoney on January 3:

"General Motors manufactures the Chevrolet Cruze sedan in Lordstown, Ohio. All Chevrolet Cruze sedans sold in the U.S. are built in GM's assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio. GM builds the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback for global markets in Mexico, with a small number sold in the U.S."

What GM sent CNNMoney on January 17:

"A small number of Mexico-made Chevrolet Cruze sedans were produced in 2016 for sale in the U.S. This supplemental production ended in December. Lordstown is now the sole source for the Cruze sedans."

<SNIP>

The plant is facing 1,200 layoffs this Friday, the day of Trump's inauguration. [THAT'S TODAY!]

So, when are they starting to create these jobs? They were laying off 1,200 employee TODAY.

It kills me how Trump is agreeing with you...that NAFTA is terrible, and it's screwing over the American working class, destroying Unions...but because it's Trump...you are taking the side of proven liars GM over American Workers.

Very telling.

Last edited:

Right now in the United States, there are Chevy Cruze sedans for sale at GM dealerships that were made in Mexico.

In fact, CNNMoney even found a Mexican-made Cruze sedan for sale at a GM dealership in Lordstown, Ohio.

No wonder workers at the GM Assembly Plant in Lordstown are livid. The plant is facing 1,200 layoffs this Friday, the day of Trump's inauguration.

GM told the workers there were too many Cruze sedans on car lots. They weren't selling, so GM had to cut some of the 4,500 workers at the Lordstown plant.

"It's the ultimate insult: Chevy Cruzes with Mexican VIN numbers shipped to Lordstown," says Heather Lexso, a worker at the GM plant in Lordstown. She is losing her job putting carpets in the trunk as GM eliminates the entire third shift.

Too late. Canada used provincial and federal tax money to the tune of $550M to keep GM in Ontario, all while cutting jobs in Ohio and Michigan. I spoke to a writer about it via email. It happened a few weeks before Trump was elected.

I made a vow to communicate with the incoming administration about what Canada has been engaging in for decades. I'm a man of my word, whether it makes a difference or not, I can rest my conscience.

Either impose 35% tariff or admit he's full of shit.

Ya, ya...doesn't matter what's good for the American working class...it's scoring political points that's really important.

If I tell you you're the big winner of the ultimate game of political point scoring, will it make you happy?

Ya, ya...doesn't matter what's good for the American working class...it's scoring political points that's really important.

If I tell you you're the big winner of the ultimate game of political point scoring, will it make you happy?

That is part of why the crazies voted to elect Trump. He's either honorable enough to at least try to do what he said or he's not. I'm pretty sure he's not. Are you ready to admit he's nuts and full of shit yet?

Too late. Canada used provincial and federal tax money to the tune of $550M to keep GM in Ontario, all while cutting jobs in Ohio and Michigan. I spoke to a writer about it via email. It happened a few weeks before Trump was elected.

I made a vow to communicate with the incoming administration about what Canada has been engaging in for decades. I'm a man of my word, whether it makes a difference or not, I can rest my conscience.

Not surprising. At least Canadian workers make a comparable wage to their American counterparts.

I would like to see an import tax based on average wage disparity. Not sure if it is possible, but it would level the playing field for workers.

I read somewhere that Ford said it can reduce cost by 40% by manufacturing in Mexico.

That is part of why the crazies voted to elect Trump. He's either honorable enough to at least try to do what he said or he's not. I'm pretty sure he's not. Are you ready to admit he's nuts and full of shit yet?

President-elect Donald Trump threatened to slap a tax on General Motors for importing compact cars to the US from Mexico on Tuesday as rival Ford canceled plans to open a new compact car plant south of the border.

Trump tweeted early Tuesday that GM was sending Mexican-made Chevrolet Cruzes to the US tax-free. He told GM to make the cars in the US “or pay big border tax!

Ford cancels plans for Mexico plant as Donald Trump threatens to tax GM
But if it's that important...by the power vested in me by USMB and the Trump Administration, I hearby pronounce you Undisputed Champion Super Fantastic Ultimate Political Points Scorer of the Universe and all Dimensions Both Known and Unknown from this day forward.

Congratulations on you well deserved victory. (Cheering...cheering...fade to black)

President-elect Donald Trump threatened to slap a tax on General Motors for importing compact cars to the US from Mexico on Tuesday as rival Ford canceled plans to open a new compact car plant south of the border.

Trump tweeted early Tuesday that GM was sending Mexican-made Chevrolet Cruzes to the US tax-free. He told GM to make the cars in the US “or pay big border tax!

But if it's that important...by the power vested in me by USMB and the Trump Administration, I hearby pronounce you Undisputed Champion Super Fantastic Ultimate Political Points Scorer of the Universe and all Dimensions Both Known and Unknown from this day forward.

Congratulations on you well deserved victory. (Cheering...cheering...fade to black)

Thank you. Now, what about that Trump pig? You ready to admit he is the worst possible president ever, and only crazies voted for him?

Thank you. Now, what about that Trump pig? You ready to admit he is the worst possible president ever, and only crazies voted for him?

Nope. He's only been President for twelve hours.

Worst President in my lifetime was Jimmy Carter.

Worst to best in my lifetime?

Carter
Bush I, Bush II and Obama in a three way tie for second worst.
Clinton
Reagan

Trump? Juries still out, but he's had an excellent start.

That's because the model has severe reliability issues and has an avg of 37% loss of value in the first 12 months after purchase.
So lets put that into perspective. If a person bought a Chevy Cruze...MSRP base of $22k. with $1500 down. at 4.5% for 60 months. The payment would be $363 per month. The loan would cost $2,312. At the end of year one, the car would be worth $15400. The amount owed would be about $16,700....
By the end of year three.with 48k miles, With 36k miles, the value goes up another $500... the car is worth about $10.5k clean trade....The amount owed on the loan is a about $11,900. Still upside down. After year 5 the loan would be paid off. If the car has less than 100,000 miles on it, the owner will get about $2k in a private sale. The trade value is nil.
Such is life owning one of these vehicles. Save for the Chevy pickup truck line, GM vehicles are notorious for poor reliability and only average resale value. With the Cadillac models the least likely to hold any value.

I guess you'll just have to be pissed off for the next 4 years.

They're going to be laying off at Carrier too. The CEO said he was taking the money he got from Pence and Trump and using it to automate.

Not surprising. At least Canadian workers make a comparable wage to their American counterparts.

I would like to see an import tax based on average wage disparity. Not sure if it is possible, but it would level the playing field for workers.

I read somewhere that Ford said it can reduce cost by 40% by manufacturing in Mexico.
Ford. They have been building Fusions exclusively in Mexico since the inception of the model.
I think it STINKS.....Those cars should be made HERE.....

They're going to be laying off at Carrier too. The CEO said he was taking the money he got from Pence and Trump and using it to automate.
Not even going to bother asking for a link because you'll produce some speculative snippet from salon or motherjones

Good the robots can buy their products when they lose their Government contracts

Ford. They have been building Fusions exclusively in Mexico since the inception of the model.
I think it STINKS.....Those cars should be made HERE.....

I am 100% in favor of tariffs....enough to make up for the tax money we lose when they leave the country

Forum List

Back