Trump was right about China

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA

China launched a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August that sped around the globe in low-Earth orbit before striking a target, according to the Financial Times.

If a “nuclear-capable hypersonic missile” sounds kinda scary to you, well...it sounds even scarier to US intelligence officials, who were completely taken off guard by China’s advancement in hypersonic weapons. “We have no idea how they did this,” one source told the FT.

It’s a weapon that flies at 5x the speed of sound. That’s slower than a ballistic missile travels, but what makes hypersonic weapons more dangerous is that they can be manuevered during their flight—whereas ballistic missiles travel on a fixed parabola. Therefore, China could evade the US’ current defense systems and “execute a nuclear strike on any target on earth with near-impunity and very little warning"

On 60 minutes an Anti-Trumper, Robert Gates said that Trump was actually right about China

Meanwhile leftists refuse to blame China for COVID-19 and any attack on China is deemed as racism. Idiocy 101.

Truth over Facts

China launched a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August that sped around the globe in low-Earth orbit before striking a target, according to the Financial Times.

If a “nuclear-capable hypersonic missile” sounds kinda scary to you, well...it sounds even scarier to US intelligence officials, who were completely taken off guard by China’s advancement in hypersonic weapons. “We have no idea how they did this,” one source told the FT.

It’s a weapon that flies at 5x the speed of sound. That’s slower than a ballistic missile travels, but what makes hypersonic weapons more dangerous is that they can be manuevered during their flight—whereas ballistic missiles travel on a fixed parabola. Therefore, China could evade the US’ current defense systems and “execute a nuclear strike on any target on earth with near-impunity and very little warning"

On 60 minutes an Anti-Trumper, Robert Gates said that Trump was actually right about China

Meanwhile leftists refuse to blame China for COVID-19 and any attack on China is deemed as racism. Idiocy 101.

Truth over Facts

Wow, imagine that ! Seems Trump was right about everything . And of course that means democrats lied about everything , and still do.

Truth over Facts

Did the article say what Gates said Trump was right about with China?

I don't want to sign up, to get the complete article...

Truth over Facts

What exactly was Trump right about you never seemed to visit that statement in the body.

Did the article say what Gates said Trump was right about with China?

I don't want to sign up, to get the complete article...
The video says it. He was on 60 minutes last night. He is not a Trump fan but said he was right about China. He has served under eight presidents and has known Joe Biden for 40 years. He said what Biden did in Afghanistan was a mistake too. Don't take my word for it. Watch the segment yourself.

Trump was very tough on China. Trump was very tough on China on Twitter. Trump’s China policy otherwise consisted of ineffective tariffs that hurt American workers more than the Chinese.

An article in Forbes goes on to contrast Trump’s China policy to Joe Biden’s:

“The first part is Biden’s plan to use “all available tools” to push back on China’s unfair trade tactics. As his administration said in a March report: “Addressing the China challenge will require a comprehensive strategy and more systematic approach than the piecemeal approach of the recent past.”

In other words, less tweeting—Trump’s preferred approach—and fewer indiscriminate tariffs that hurt American interests more than China’s. The most demanding economic metric of Trump’s trade war own-goal: America’s deficit with Beijing was even bigger after he left office.

It’s hard to overstate the “opportunity cost” for America. While Trump was typing angrily into his smartphone, making coal great again, browbeating Detroit to bringing back gas guzzlers and defriending allies, Xi’s team poured trillions of dollars into where China plans to be in 2025. That would be at the forefront of everything from renewable energy to aerospace to self-driving vehicles to biotech to semiconductors to artificial intelligence.”

Trump’s China policy was an abject failure. China is richer and more powerful than it ever was before Trump.

Biden is taking on China as a leader should. Rebuilding alliances that Trump denigrated and engaging In a comprehensive Chinese strategy.

Last edited:

1634571114056.jpeg

He said what Biden did in Afghanistan was a mistake too. Don't take my word for it. Watch the segment yourself.

"President Trump failed to plan properly for the evacuation of Afghans who had helped the U.S. fight the Taliban."

Anderson Cooper: So the former President and President Biden both share some responsibility in this?

Robert Gates: Absolutely.

Robert Gates: I bear some responsibility for this. It had started before I got there. But I think that we created an Afghan military in our own image. And one that required a lot more sophisticated logistics and maintenance and support than say the Taliban.

Anderson Cooper: Do you think the former president will run again? President Trump?

Robert Gates: I hope not.

Anderson Cooper: Why do you hope not?

Robert Gates: I am a strong believer in institutions whether it's the intelligence community, the Defense Department, the State Department, the Justice Department, the FBI. He disdains institutions and-- and I think he did a lot to weaken institutions.

Anderson Cooper: You called him a thin skinned, temperamental, shoot from the hip and lip, uninformed Commander-in-Chief. Too great a risk for America, you said.

Robert Gates: I would not edit that at all. (LAUGH)

Anderson Cooper: What do you think the greatest threat to democracy is in this country right now?

Robert Gates: The extreme polarization that we're seeing.

"President Trump failed to plan properly for the evacuation of Afghans who had helped the U.S. fight the Taliban."

Anderson Cooper: So the former President and President Biden both share some responsibility in this?

Robert Gates: Absolutely.

Robert Gates: I bear some responsibility for this. It had started before I got there. But I think that we created an Afghan military in our own image. And one that required a lot more sophisticated logistics and maintenance and support than say the Taliban.

Anderson Cooper: Do you think the former president will run again? President Trump?

Robert Gates: I hope not.

Anderson Cooper: Why do you hope not?

Robert Gates: I am a strong believer in institutions whether it's the intelligence community, the Defense Department, the State Department, the Justice Department, the FBI. He disdains institutions and-- and I think he did a lot to weaken institutions.

Anderson Cooper: You called him a thin skinned, temperamental, shoot from the hip and lip, uninformed Commander-in-Chief. Too great a risk for America, you said.

Robert Gates: I would not edit that at all. (LAUGH)

Anderson Cooper: What do you think the greatest threat to democracy is in this country right now?

Robert Gates: The extreme polarization that we're seeing.
You are making my point. He is anti Trump but said Trump was right about China.

Forum List

Back