Trump was for it before he was against it.

Afghanistan isn't defenseless. Looks like the warlords and the Afghan Mafia are pretty cooperative with the Taliban. Amazing since the Taliban have been killing them for years..

Excerpt:

Since the Taliban was ousted in 2001, rampant criminality has returned to the heart of Afghanistan’s politics.

Kabul is overrun with mafia-style networks that control the national drug trade and bring violence to the streets with armed robberies and factional warfare. The crime wave has seriously debilitated political stability and internal security, as each criminal syndicate attempts to use the government to protect its business and ensure its longevity.

Many Afghan politicians and strongmen engage in or support these organized criminal activities. Drug smuggling, land grabbing, extortion, illegal mining, kidnapping, revenue theft, torture and arbitrary detention all take place under the protection of the strongmen who serve in government.

Some prominent political groups also retain private militias. Controlling territory with an armed presence allows parties to distribute spoils to their supporters and actively intimidate their opponents.

Could it possibly be that any secular govt installed by the soviets or the US is incapable of controlling lawless and rather anarchist elements unless a draconian regime claims legitimacy through Islam?

Could it possibly be that any secular govt installed by the soviets or the US is incapable of controlling lawless and rather anarchist elements unless a draconian regime claims legitimacy through Islam?

I think we're in for a surprise. I sort of expect the Taliban will bring stability and then back off the ultra strict Islam.

They have certainly fought the warlords and the Afghan Mafia and Opium production.

The US has been supporting the Afghan mafia which is as vicious as they get.. and they are deep into smuggling, kidnapping and Opium production.
Cool...but what does that have to do with the Taliban? How many terrorist cells of AQ did the mafia protect and help train? Did the mafia keep women from getting an education? stone them? That is the the Taliban Govt will be doing, and much worse...to women...thanks to Xiden

Cool...but what does that have to do with the Taliban? How many terrorist cells of AQ did the mafia protect and help train? Did the mafia keep women from getting an education? stone them? That is the the Taliban Govt will be doing, and much worse...to women...thanks to Xiden
For carrying out Trump's withdrawal plan?

I think we're in for a surprise. I sort of expect the Taliban will bring stability and then back off the ultra strict Islam.

They have certainly fought the warlords and the Afghan Mafia and Opium production.
It's possible. The Saudis have influence, and while their "enforcement" of no ill be spoken of the House of Faud is difficult for westerners, they do support healthcare. The only reason I ever saw for any US military footprint in Afghan was the pretty scary situation in Pakistan when Taliban type groups bombed the Pakistani military. But I haven't heard or seen of anything in some time.

It's possible. The Saudis have influence, and while their "enforcement" of no ill be spoken of the House of Faud is difficult for westerners, they do support healthcare. The only reason I ever saw for any US military footprint in Afghan was the pretty scary situation in Pakistan when Taliban type groups bombed the Pakistani military. But I haven't heard or seen of anything in some time.

What is House of Fraud?

Trump never once supported a total withdraw of every troop...he always talked about a defensive force left in country....this is all on Joe....100% dummy.....
1629130957029.png

Trump never once supported a total withdraw of every troop...he always talked about a defensive force left in country....this is all on Joe....100% dummy.....
The Trump administration agreed to an initial reduction from 13,000 to 8,600 troops by July 2020, followed by a full withdrawal by May 1, 2021 if the Taliban kept its commitments.[6]

i wonder if this has something to do with GOP removing web page praising Trump for that peace deal.

I am certainly crying over this...it's tragic watching what Xiden has done to Afgan and to all the people there.

It's a stain and a dark stain on American history. Who in the world can trust us moving forward after Xiden's betrayal to these people? It's going to take a generation to undo what Xiden has done in 7 months

I am certainly crying over this...it's tragic watching what Xiden has done to Afgan and to all the people there.

It's a stain and a dark stain on American history. Who in the world can trust us moving forward after Xiden's betrayal to these people? It's going to take a generation to undo what Xiden has done in 7 months
Again, for carrying out Trump's plan?

Forum List

Back