Trump to Generals: We Are Losing the War in Afghanistan

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
On December 7, 1941, the US military was under-sized, badly-equipped compared to its enemies, and woefully under-experienced. Less than four years later, Germany and Japan lay in ruins, and wholly or partially occupied by American forces.

Nazi Germany. Imperial Japan. The Taliban.

One of these things is not like the others — in part because we failed to apply the necessary force. If for whatever reason we’re unable or unwilling to do so, then I’m not sure what we hope to accomplish after more than a decade and a half.

Trump says U.S. losing war, compares Afghanistan to NYC restaurant consultant

On December 7, 1941, the US military was under-sized, badly-equipped compared to its enemies, and woefully under-experienced. Less than four years later, Germany and Japan lay in ruins, and wholly or partially occupied by American forces.

One of these things is not like the others — in part because we failed to apply the necessary force. If for whatever reason we’re unable or unwilling to do so, then I’m not sure what we hope to accomplish after more than a decade and a half.

So...you wish the U.S. Congress to declare War. Against what country? And then, you realize, the U.S. goes on a total war footing...You prepared for that?

So...you wish the U.S. Congress to declare War. Against what country? And then, you realize, the U.S. goes on a total war footing...You prepared for that?
Dufus thinks a declaration of war is required to fight the Islamofascist terrorists.

ronald-reagan-taliban-800x452.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's a war that was never meant to be won.

The fact is, the Taliban get most of the funding, weapons and support from the west. This enriches the bankers and creates a nice base of operations from which the intelligence community and Deep State can launch Gladio type operations into Russia, China, Iran, Pakistan, etc. The Trump admin. either knows this and this MSM article is for those who just lap this propaganda up, or the Trump administration don't have a clue what is going on. Who the hell knows anymore. :dunno:

Goofy rich businessman compares fighting a war to running a restaurant. Thinks he can do a better job than career military.

And even worse, the analogy involves talking to the actual restaurant workers. The CEO of the US would certainly not consider that himself, even if there was something to that analogy.

President Obama learned there are no good options in Afghanistan. Trump's a little slow to come to this reality.

I've always looked at Afghanistan as a "shit or get off the pot" situation. Let the military take the kid gloves off and turn the mountains into gravel, or leave.

McCain backs top commander, slams Trump on Afghanistan
Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. John McCain slammed President Donald Trump on Thursday amid reports that Trump is weighing firing Gen. John Nicholson, the top US military commander in Afghanistan.

"General John Nicholson has served our country with honor and distinction for 35 years. He has earned the trust and admiration of those he has served with. And he has earned my full confidence," McCain said in a statement.

"Our commanders-in-chief, not our commanders in the field, are responsible for this failure," he added. "I urge the President to resolve the differences within his administration as soon as possible and decide on a policy and strategy that can achieve our national security interests in Afghanistan and the region."
In an appearance on Fox News Thursday, Trump's deputy assistant, Sebastian Gorka, said the President is confident in Nicholson's military leadership in Afghanistan.

Read more: McCain backs top commander, slams Trump on Afghanistan - CNNPolitics.com

I've always looked at Afghanistan as a "shit or get off the pot" situation. Let the military take the kid gloves off and turn the mountains into gravel, or leave.
So kill every man woman and child in the villages..
Yup you're wacky as hell..

Goofy rich businessman compares fighting a war to running a restaurant. Thinks he can do a better job than career military.

And even worse, the analogy involves talking to the actual restaurant workers. The CEO of the US would certainly not consider that himself, even if there was something to that analogy.
And a goofy community organizer snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

McCain backs top commander, slams Trump on Afghanistan
Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. John McCain slammed President Donald Trump on Thursday amid reports that Trump is weighing firing Gen. John Nicholson, the top US military commander in Afghanistan.

"General John Nicholson has served our country with honor and distinction for 35 years. He has earned the trust and admiration of those he has served with. And he has earned my full confidence," McCain said in a statement.

"Our commanders-in-chief, not our commanders in the field, are responsible for this failure," he added. "I urge the President to resolve the differences within his administration as soon as possible and decide on a policy and strategy that can achieve our national security interests in Afghanistan and the region."
In an appearance on Fox News Thursday, Trump's deputy assistant, Sebastian Gorka, said the President is confident in Nicholson's military leadership in Afghanistan.

Read more: McCain backs top commander, slams Trump on Afghanistan - CNNPolitics.com
Quoting McCain is no different than quoting the crazy cat lady who lives in the apartment above you.

So the Commander-in-Chief admits he's losing the war in Afghanistan?

Interesting.

Interesting.
He says his commanders and military are idiots for not treating the war as a business.

Interesting.
He says his commanders and military are idiots for not treating the war as a business.

The war is his business.

Forum List

Back