Trump, the 14th and barring from office

So you have not one example that was appealed to the federal courts. Good job commie.

So you have not one example that was appealed to the federal courts. Good job commie.

Don't have to show that. That wasn't what you asked for.

You asked me to show you court cases which affirmed public seat banishments and I showed that.

I already have, get off your lazy commie ass and go find it, or you could just google it.

Nah, I'll just write this off as you being full of shit again. No skin off my back and not wasting time looking for what might not even exist.

Nope, Congress has no authority to pass an amendment into law. The states do. All Congress can do is pass a proposal for states to consider for ratification.

Why are you posting on a political forum when you're so ignorant of civics?
Yes Congress created a law
When did the 14th Amendment become law?

Passed by the Senate on June 8, 1866, and ratified two years later, on July 9, 1868, the Fourteenth Amendment granted citizenship to all persons "born or naturalized in the United States," including formerly enslaved people, and provided all citizens with “equal protection under the laws,” extending the provisions of ...
1707414909276.png

U.S. Senate › about › 1...

Landmark Legislation: The Fourteenth Amendment - Senate.gov

It doesn't have to be, anyone who understands the Constitution knows, if it doesn't expressly give you the power, you don't have it. See the 18th Amendment see an example where States were given concurrent enforcement powers along with congress.

Section 2.​

The Congress and the several states shall have concurrent power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Doesn't state, as does other parts of the Constitution, that Congress has sole power.

And you've been shown people have been banned from public office.

And the 14th Amendment contains a provision that Congress can allow a person to serve, if they're being banned, by overruling the ban. That provision wouldn't be in there if only Congress could enforce the ban.

And here's an example of how stupid your logic is. The 16th Amendment reads...

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

According to your [il]logic, states cannot impose an income tax because the 16th Amendment says Congress shall have the power to collect income taxes.

Yes Congress created a law
When did the 14th Amendment become law?

Passed by the Senate on June 8, 1866, and ratified two years later, on July 9, 1868, the Fourteenth Amendment granted citizenship to all persons "born or naturalized in the United States," including formerly enslaved people, and provided all citizens with “equal protection under the laws,” extending the provisions of ...
View attachment 899228
U.S. Senate › about › 1...

Landmark Legislation: The Fourteenth Amendment - Senate.gov

You said Congress passed it into law. That you're changing it now to they made a law shows even you know how stupid you are. :badgrin:

He's imbecile.
He's arguing that Congress didn't create a law when the passed the 14th amendment

There you go, lying again about what I said. I never said Congress didn't create the law. I said they didn't pass it into law in response to your ignorant claim they did.

This on was done prior to the ratification of the 14th amendment. WTF?

LOL

Once again, you prove you're fucked in the head, con. That case was in 1869. The 14th Amendment was ratified in the PREVIOUS year.

face-palm-gif.278959

From the link:

Section 3 of the act of Congress of twenty-fifth of June, 1868; entitled an act to admit the States of North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana and other States to the Union, provides that no person prohibited from holding office under the United States by section three of the proposed amendment, known as Article Fourteenth, shall be deemed eligible to any office in either of said States.

So why would they have used that language if the 14th had already been ratified.

Don't have to show that. That wasn't what you asked for.

You asked me to show you court cases which affirmed public seat banishments and I showed that.

I think you need to go back and read my question again.

Nah, I'll just write this off as you being full of shit again. No skin off my back and not wasting time looking for what might not even exist.

Yep, you chose to remain in your normal state of willful ignorance. We're done.

He's imbecile.
He's arguing that Congress didn't create a law when the passed the 14th amendment

They didn't, they proposed an amendment. An amendment doesn't become part of the Constitution until ratified. Once ratified, it gave congress the power to pass laws to enforce it, which they did.

They didn't, they proposed an amendment. An amendment doesn't become part of the Constitution until ratified. Once ratified, it gave congress the power to pass laws to enforce it, which they did.

They passed an amendment that became law. At least that's what the Senate source says.

Well the Trump SCOTUS slapped the shit out of the Dem's lawyer, even the flaming left justices are a hard no on this Dem election interference and ATTACK ON DEMOCRACY.
The lawyer was representing a republican, dummy.

Goddamn you people just don't know anything about anything.

Passed by Congress June 13, 1866, and ratified July 9, 1868, the 14th Amendment extended liberties and rights granted by the Bill of Rights to formerly enslaved people.
View attachment 899430
National Archives | › 14th-am...

14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Civil Rights (1868) | National Archives

LOLOL

You still haven't learned, PussyBitch??

They didn't pass that into law. You just unwittingly said so yourself. They passed a proposal in 1866. It didn't become law until the states ratified it in 1868.

So how on Earth did Congress pass a law when it wasn't a law for two more years until the states ratified it?

Well the Trump SCOTUS slapped the shit out of the Dem's lawyer, even the flaming left justices are a hard no on this Dem election interference and ATTACK ON DEMOCRACY.

Huh? What "Dem's lawyer" are you speaking about?

LOLOL

You still haven't learned, PussyBitch??

They didn't pass that into law. You just unwittingly said so yourself. They passed a proposal in 1866. It didn't become law until the states ratified it in 1868.

So how on Earth did Congress pass a law when it wasn't a law for two more years until the states ratified it?
Congress passed an amendment that became law

Forum List

Back