Trump.....taking care of our Veterans, unlike the last two Presidents

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here we are...more help for veterans...

Katie Pavlich - President Trump Signs Another Bill to Reform The VA

After speaking to the American Legion in Reno Wednesday, President Trump signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017, which will allow veterans to appeal or ask questions about their benefits in a more timely and organized fashion.

"No longer will veterans be kept waiting for years to get an answer to their appeals. They will receive timely updates," Trump said during his remarks. "To fulfill our patriotic duty, we must take care of our great veterans."

Here we are...more help for veterans...

Katie Pavlich - President Trump Signs Another Bill to Reform The VA

After speaking to the American Legion in Reno Wednesday, President Trump signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017, which will allow veterans to appeal or ask questions about their benefits in a more timely and organized fashion.

"No longer will veterans be kept waiting for years to get an answer to their appeals. They will receive timely updates," Trump said during his remarks. "To fulfill our patriotic duty, we must take care of our great veterans."

I'm happy if Trump helps get veterans better medical services. However, the worry is that, despite your thread title, previous presidents have actually signed bills into law and provided funding which were supposed to help fix the VA, and there are still many problems with it.

Obama signs $16 billion VA overhaul into law - CNNPolitics
Obama signs veterans, caregivers legislation
Obama signs law for $136 million VA facility in Omaha

THE BUSH RECORD - FACT SHEET: The Bush Administration Has Provided Unprecedented Support for Our Veterans

I didn't see any laws regarding the VA signed by Bush, but it was long enough ago that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I would imagine that each time new funding for the VA was approved or a new law was signed, the administration and supporters talked about how the VA was finally getting the help it needs. And here we are, at it again.

Forum List

Back