Trump: Susan B. Anthony to Get Posthumous Pardon

John T. Ford

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2020
President Trump announced Tuesday morning he will give a posthumous pardon to Susan B. Anthony, one of history's biggest figures in the women's suffrage movement.

The announcement came 100 years to the day after the 1920 ratification of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Anthony, a strong anti-slavery pioneer who died in 1906, had been arrested in 1872 for violating laws that had permitted only men to vote in the Presidential election.

She was then indicted, tried and convicted for voting illegally and sentenced to pay a fine of $100 and court costs.

Another historical act from this historical President.

This will surely upset our Leftist friends.

President Trump announced Tuesday morning he will give a posthumous pardon to Susan B. Anthony, one of history's biggest figures in the women's suffrage movement.

The announcement came 100 years to the day after the 1920 ratification of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Anthony, a strong anti-slavery pioneer who died in 1906, had been arrested in 1872 for violating laws that had permitted only men to vote in the Presidential election.

She was then indicted, tried and convicted for voting illegally and sentenced to pay a fine of $100 and court costs.

Is he going to give her family back the $100 she paid with interest?

I liked it when our Founding Fathers had it so that only land owing White men could vote.
I wish it was only land owners but I dont care about gender or race.
You need to have skin in the game, imo.
"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
As we have seen play out.

Maybe. If China will loan us the money

I liked it when our Founding Fathers had it so that only land owing White men could vote.
I wish it was only land owners but I dont care about gender or race.
You need to have skin in the game, imo.
"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
As we have seen play out.

Nobody on welfare should ever be allowed to vote.

Voting to have the government steal money from other people to give to you should be prohibited.

Actually... it was more about the Prohibition movement than a Conservative issue. Women were getting tired of their drunk husbands beating the crap out of them, and they couldn't do anything about it.
Right ....

And, it had nothing to do with voting !!!

SMH !!!

Maybe. If China will loan us the money

Sadly it would only be around $1,360. That's less than how much people got out of the Trump University settlement.

Voting to have the government steal money from other people to give to you should be prohibited.
That's ridiculous.

Many people in poverty are there because of their so called "representatives" ....

i.e. Boston .....

And, you want to take away the only hope for these people to make a change?

That's ridiculous.

Many people in poverty are there because of their so called "representatives" ....

i.e. Boston .....

So you are saying they are poor because of the people they vote for? Derpy derp?

That's ridiculous.

i.e. Boston .....

They are not exactly known for making changes. They keep on electing the same disastrous Democrats, election after election.

They keep electing Democrats that promise them the biggest welfare check.

Actually I like the "Starship Trooper" political model. Service guarantees citizenship. Prove that you are willing to sacrifice for your country and then you can become a voting citizen.

Actually... it was more about the Prohibition movement than a Conservative issue. Women were getting tired of their drunk husbands beating the crap out of them, and they couldn't do anything about it.
Right ....

And, it had nothing to do with voting !!!

SMH !!!

I didn't say it didn't have anything to do with voting. Women used their right to vote to be able to help pass laws, like prohibition, as an important reason to fight for the women's suffrage movement. If you want to know more about how big of a deal it is, you can pick up the book Last Call by Daniel Okret.
1597764127710.png

Forum List

Back