Trump supporters: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

Trump can do no wrong, in the eyes of the cult. He should be held blameless, regardless.

Except that I have seen no evidence of Trump actually ever breaking the law.
The 2 impeachments found nothing, so were frauds.
Keeping personal papers and documents, is not remotely illegal.

Also YES to Trump IF Obama is also charged...
And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders.

Seems like a simple question.

My view: If you suspect something, investigate it. If you find something, prosecute. If they're found guilty, nail them. If someone helped them, like family or associates, nail them too. If it's done in a political context, nail them a bit harder, since their conduct can affect millions. Political affiliation is irrelevant. Country over party, always.

So, again: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

And what law is that?
How would you like armed IRS officers going through your files looking for a violation? Surely they will find one. How about an audit? Everyone hates and fears it. The United States government has never attacked a former president like this in the history of the republic. Something is terribly wrong when the FBI becomes a banana republic

Trump never broke the law. If he had you would have at least put down the law he broke But you worthless libs do it every time. If you can't say anything true then start talking about any democrat cause Trump ain't president Why don't you write on all the great things biden did. You won't have to worry about writer's cramp. Here is an example: Biden job of protecting our border got him hung today after bringing 3 million illegals over the border giving them houses, food, medical, emergency cash. and everything Americans only dream of and did it all on your dime. As the trap door fell open the crowds cheer could be heard for miles They will allow Joe to rot from the limb to honor his total worthlessness. I have yet to see any worthless piece of democrat write anything good about Joe. A PARTY OF DROOLING SHIT HEADS.

Conservatives are dishonest and cowards, masters of the red herring fallacy.

Bad use of words.
Republicans tend to be greedy and want to keep government small so they can cheat better.
But a real conservative is good, in that they want to prevent government from becoming excessively large and abusive.

I am anti-Trump, far left, progressive, liberal, but Trump is being badly abused.
The 2 impeachments were outrageous.
There was zero basis, and the Steele Dossier was exactly the sort of illegal foreign collusion that Trump was being accused of with Russia.
As for the Ukraine, it was illegal for Joe Biden to force the firing of Shokin in order to prevent an investigation of Burisma Holdings, it would have been illegal for Trump to NOT ask Zelensky to investigate.

It can not possibly be illegal for Trump to have any papers he wants.
They are his papers, and he legally can do whatever he wants with them.
It is legal if they are classified, and the only violation could be if he later used them to blackmail someone.
I don't know what they know, but I do want to believe that they damn well know what a touchy situation this is.

They're REALLY asking for trouble here, and I wonder if the part of the DOJ that's investigating Jan 6 is against this. Seems to me they're risking stepping on each other's toes.

I don't even blame the Trumpsters for being suspicious. I just wish I could believe that they're willing to hold him accountable IF. I don't think most of them are.

My view: If you suspect something, investigate it. If you find something, prosecute. If they're found guilty, nail them. If someone helped them, like family or associates, nail them too. If it's done in a political context, nail them a bit harder, since their conduct can affect millions. Political affiliation is irrelevant. Country over party, always.

Mac aren't you getting tired of the same old shit for the past 7 years?

"We've got him now!" - episode 4398

Evidence? - Zero

Indictments? - Zero. (If you want to be ridiculous, you could count 2 impeachments as indictments.)

Convictions? - Zero.

Bad use of words.
Republicans tend to be greedy and want to keep government small so they can cheat better.
But a real conservative is good, in that they want to prevent government from becoming excessively large and abusive.
Wrong.

There haven't been real conservatives for more than 50 years.

Indeed, there are no real conservatives left; what passes for conservative today is illiberal, anti-democratic, and authoritarian.

I don't know what they know, but I do want to believe that they damn well know what a touchy situation this is.

They're REALLY asking for trouble here, and I wonder if the part of the DOJ that's investigating Jan 6 is against this. Seems to me they're risking stepping on each other's toes.

I don't even blame the Trumpsters for being suspicious. I just wish I could believe that they're willing to hold him accountable IF. I don't think most of them are.
The caveat is YES if he broke the law just as the others I'm listing here have broke the law BUT not even charged!

And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders.

Also YES to Trump IF Hillary is also charged...
A) But the law wasn't applied to Hillary who "bit washed" over 30,000 emails... never brought to justice.
B) Or Sen.Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household furniture no charges! Clintons Return White House Furniture

Also YES to Trump IF Biden is also charged...
Biden leveraged $1B in aid to Ukraine to oust corrupt prosecutor, not to help his son
BUT the above law breakers must be charged FIRST!

How many more years are you willing to wait?
We've waited years for this:
The caveat is YES if he broke the law just as the others I'm listing here have broke the law BUT not even charged!

Also YES to Trump IF Hillary is also charged...
A) But the law wasn't applied to Hillary who "bit washed" over 30,000 emails... never brought to justice.
B) Or Sen.Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household furniture no charges! Clintons Return White House Furniture

Also YES to Trump IF Biden is also charged...
Biden leveraged $1B in aid to Ukraine to oust corrupt prosecutor, not to help his son
BUT the above law breakers must be charged FIRST!

About Trump? Do you think he stole the most sensitive, the most highly classified documents as souvenirs? :lol:
What documents would those be? Trump stole no documents.
In January of this year, the archives retrieved 15 boxes that Mr. Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago from the White House residence when his term ended. The boxes included material subject to the Presidential Records Act, which requires that all documents and records pertaining to official business be turned over to the archives.

The question of how Mr. Trump handled classified material is complicated because as president he had the authority to declassify any government information. It is unclear whether Mr. Trump, before leaving office, had declassified materials the archives discovered in the boxes.

Earlier this year, Kash Patel suggested to Breitbart that Mr. Trump had declassified the documents before leaving the White House and that the proper markings simply had not been adjusted.

FBI RAIDS MAR-A-LAGO. TRUMP HOME UNDER SIEGE.

Th 15 sealed boxes the FBI got in this raid are the same 15 boxes turned over to the National Archives in January. The FBI never opened any boxes. The claptrap about highly sensitive documents are just that, claptrap by someone who has clap of the mouth.

This is America. It is not supposed to be our way to take a person and investigate them to death in order to find something you can hang him with. This country has descended into being Nazi Germany where the Gestapo round up political prisoners, investigate them with a kangaroo court, and then jail them on Trumped up charges to remove them from being a political threat.

Democrat supporters - If Crooked Hillary and Joe Biden broke the law should they be held legally accountable?

How about Hunter Biden? Slick Willy?

How about The Worthless Negro using the IRS to go after his political opponents?

Forum List

Back