Trump supporters: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

How would you like armed IRS officers going through your files looking for a violation? Surely they will find one. How about an audit? Everyone hates and fears it. The United States government has never attacked a former president like this in the history of the republic. Something is terribly wrong when the FBI becomes a banana republic hit squad.

theres a long list of people before him that havent been prosecuted,, lets start with them to avoid looking like a banana republic,,

Hell, it's not like the Clintons were ever prosecuted for the stuff they flat-out stole....They were just asked to return or pay for it. Even then they did not account for it all.​

W A S H I N G T O N, Feb. 8, 2001 -- Former President Clinton and his wife, Sen.Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household goodsback to Washington after questions arose over whether the itemswere intended as personal gifts or donations to the White House.

“We have been informed that it is being shipped back, and theNational Park Service is ready to receive it, take possession of itand take custody of it,” Jim McDaniel, the National Park Service’sliaison to the White House, said Wednesday.

“The property is being returned to government custody untilsuch time that the issues can be resolved. It may well turn outthat that property is rightly the personal property of theClintons.”

Giving Back

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china,flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them whenthey left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for$86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

Clintons Return White House Furniture

I find the Democrats repulsive. I just find the GQP, in its current condition, a bit more so.

So a pox on both houses, and anyone who attacks for, or ignores, or enables them. Either party.

I hope that's clear.
It's clear, I just do not believe you at all. You cover up and make excuses for the left and the democrats all the time. My conscious would truly bother me.

Another non answer. Good stuff.

Actually it's a good answer, because what level of the law being broken are we talking about?

It goes to the over-regulation of everything that progressives seem to love, because they know they can ignore the details and their deep state buddies will protect them.

What are they actually going to find? Willful taking of original documents or something as mundane as written markup drafts of documents who's final version is already in the archive?

Slow down, we all have opinions, lets wait for some facts.

The DOJ should have already made a public presser!
The longer they wait, the worse they look.

Garland was a judge and is not a politician. He has jumped into the deep end of the Swamp and is going to screw this pre-coup on Trump up.

Actually it's a good answer, because what level of the law being broken are we talking about?

It goes to the over-regulation of everything that progressives seem to love, because they know they can ignore the details and their deep state buddies will protect them.

What are they actually going to find? Willful taking of original documents or something as mundane as written markup drafts of documents who's final version is already in the archive?
Wow, look at all that spin and partisan posturing.

My rule, in the OP, is much more straightforward and consistent.

Wow, look at all that spin and partisan posturing.

My rule, in the OP, is much more straightforward and consistent.

Your "rule" is a simple "Gotcha" question setup that ignores the fact that pervious Presidents have probably violated this act in some way, and nobody cared about it at the time, including you.

The only answer can be whether or not Trump is still the sitting president.

Seems like a simple question.

My view: If you suspect something, investigate it. If you find something, prosecute. If they're found guilty, nail them. If someone helped them, like family or associates, nail them too. If it's done in a political context, nail them a bit harder, since their conduct can affect millions. Political affiliation is irrelevant. Country over party, always.

So, again: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

I noticed that you asked this twice in the monster thread and it was ignored. Glad you started a thread. Let's see who can answer a simple yes or no without the whataboutisms.

Seems like a simple question.

My view: If you suspect something, investigate it. If you find something, prosecute. If they're found guilty, nail them. If someone helped them, like family or associates, nail them too. If it's done in a political context, nail them a bit harder, since their conduct can affect millions. Political affiliation is irrelevant. Country over party, always.

So, again: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

If Hillary Clinton is held to the same standard than yes. Don't you agree?

If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?​

Yes... but why are you asking?
And why are you such a democrat supporter when their lies, scandals and crimes are so much more egregious and harmful to the American public? ---- and always go unpunished? . . IOW, how do you sleep at night?
CHECKED SWING!

How would you like armed IRS officers going through your files looking for a violation? Surely they will find one. How about an audit? Everyone hates and fears it. The United States government has never attacked a former president like this in the history of the republic. Something is terribly wrong when the FBI becomes a banana republic hit squad.
There is no way the FBI goes in without very very very credible evidence of criminal activity. The follow the smell of the skunk. They don’t go looking for the skunk in trumps safe unless they know one is there

Forum List

Back