Trump speaks unscripted to press at CPAC

Trump called Putin’s moves ahead of the Ukraine invasion “savvy” and “genius"

What was savvy and genius about Putin's invasion plans of Ukraine?

Ahead of it, he basically was able to mobilize and threaten the Ukraine with a tepid response from the rest of the world.

His mistake has been underestimating Ukrainian resistance, without which this war would have been over before any sanctions could have impacted Russia.

"Trump supports zelensky and ukraine........he said so clearly at the CPAC press conference"

Ummm, that was a "clean-up in Aisle 5".

He ran into a lot of pushback with his boosterism over Putin and the invasion of Ukraine.
This time he was effectively advised to ...NOT......double-down on his 'stable geniusness'.
And he evidently listened.

IMHO

Ummm, that was a "clean-up in Aisle 5".

He ran into a lot of pushback with his boosterism over Putin and the invasion of Ukraine.
This time he was effectively advised to ...NOT......double-down on his 'stable geniusness'.
And he evidently listened.

IMHO
You’re just pushing the same old lib lie

If this board was around in 2004 or 2005....or if I had screen shots from that time...

I am sure it would be littered with reactionary right-wing cucks fawning and praising over Bush....and how strong and tough he is.....

It was hilarious to see how all of these right-wingers had to pretend that Bush never existed....or at the very least, they will say "I never really liked Bush, but he was better than....." -- however, voting someone because he was better than the other guy doesn't excuse away praising and worshipping the guy..which is exactly what Republicans did with Bush...

I GUARANTEE YOU that 10 or so years from now...that same memory-hole exercise will be done with Trump

" DHS going after moms and school board meetings and that's just nothing, right?"
I have not read or heard of credible reportage that describes what Sue92 describes.
What I have read is that "Moms" who violently threatened public officials at school board meetings have been questioned, perhaps even put on a 'watch-list', maybe a handful were arrested for their threats (?).
But, simply going to a school board meeting and civilly objecting to one proposal or another does not get one on the "DHS going after moms" list.
I will suggest that Sue92 is misinformed, illinformed, or fibbing for effect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we're smarter than you give us credit for and we will think what we want.
I'm willing to let that one ferment a bit. And let others be the judge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why do we, as free Americans .......have to be SO STUPID as to think that evil people cannot be smart? This idiotic binary thinking and the Puritanical **GASP** "you can't say that" crap has just got to go."

Speaking of 'binary thinking'.
Sue92, have there been many posters.....from either political pew......stating that bad people can't be smart, or even dumb people can't be bad?

Seems to me that the tenor of postings here in the last week is that......Vladimir Putin is a calculating guy with malicious (by world order standards) intent.

The only one who has claimed that Vladimir was a genius, was Don Trump. (and, btw, he didn't do on this forum, he did it in an interview at Mar-A-Lardo)

"Trump said Putin will now “go in” to Ukraine “and be a peacekeeper.”
“That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well.”

That's some "peace" that DTRump admires.
That's some peacekeeper DTrump admires.

Look, Sue92, and I hate to over-drive the nail, but......but what you ain't comprehending is that it is quite OK in our America for you to go sit with the regulars at the DewDropInn and declare Vladimir Putin is a wonderful and genius-y kind of guy.
Go do it.
No real harm, no real foul.

But, it is totally completely un-useful for the ex-president of the United States, a key country of the NATO defense against Russian aggression, to declare Putin is a very smart, very savvy "peacekeeper". Or that, Putin' declaration of 'independence' for two breakaway Ukrainian provinces is "Oh, that's wonderful".
Don Trump has a much greater responsibility, a greater burden, to support and encourage world order....than you do.

The analogy used before is ------ Herbert Hoover in May of 1940 publicly expressing his admiration and support for Hitler's peacekeeping efforts in the corralling of the Brits at Dunkirk.

Why aren't you understanding this stuff, Sue?

Forum List

Back