Trump should shut the stock market down

Stupidest post ever.
Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you.

Besides the fact that plenty of people are making good money shorting the market there are still a long list of stocks that are going up, and a long list of stocks that hit insane lows and present great buying opportunites.

UBER hit 14, what a great buy...
ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 38, I've been waiting to get in this stock.
PINS at 10, that is the epitome of a "low risk entry"
Look at the chart on NFLX...
On thursday I sold 150 Puts on TSLA for an EASY $500 per contract win...

Zoom has gone up 117% since february, 26% just today...

SPXS has gone up 150% since FEB...

APRN has gone from 3 to 28... then back down to 12.

TVIX is up 2,700% in the past few weeks...

I can go on and on.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money for smart and savvy investors/traders, you have no clue what you doing and today you are finally realizing the risks of investing.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks.

I have said this many times, the stock market isn't for Trumpers because they can't accept personal responsibility for their actions, they always blame others for their mistakes, and look to the government to bail them out of their poor decisions.

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY... stick to tidily winks.

^ Where is my "Informative" Button? :)

Unless some miracle happens there’s a lot of frightening news in terms of human casualties and economic data on the horizon. IRAs and 401ks are going to get wiped out. We shut the market down during the Spanish flu. Our country’s reputation won’t be hurt if we have a hiatus from trading. We’ve done it before and we should do it now.
Stupidest post ever.
Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you.

Besides the fact that plenty of people are making good money shorting the market there are still a long list of stocks that are going up, and a long list of stocks that hit insane lows and present great buying opportunites.

ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 38, I've been waiting to get in this stock.

I can go on and on.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money for smart and savvy investors/traders, you have no clue what you doing and today you are finally realizing the risks of investing.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks.

I have said this many times, the stock market isn't for Trumpers because they can't accept personal responsibility for their actions, they always blame others for their mistakes, and look to the government to bail them out of their poor decisions. (it's not Bush's fault he crashed the economy, blame the guy that was president 10 years earlier!)

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY... stick to tidily winks.

Last edited:
Unless some miracle happens there’s a lot of frightening news in terms of human casualties and economic data on the horizon. IRAs and 401ks are going to get wiped out. We shut the market down during the Spanish flu. Our country’s reputation won’t be hurt if we have a hiatus from trading. We’ve done it before and we should do it now.

Ah yes, america's "free market".

FDR closed the NYSE in 1933 for a four day "bank holiday".
Sure. But FDR couldn't shut it for months because people can do what they want with there money. A "new market" will arise. I don't think a break of several days is going to make investors more secure in trading.

A couple/few weeks ago, I made a prediction the Dow will bottom out somewhere around 17,000. So far, it looks like that may hold.

Sure. But FDR couldn't shut it for months because people can do what they want with there money. A "new market" will arise. I don't think a break of several days is going to make investors more secure in trading.
FDR closed the banks to try to stop a month long run on the banks that was causing banks to go under. It gave people time to catch their breath. When the banks re-opened, people stood in long lines to bring their cash back to the banks.

We aren't at that level of panic...yet.

We shut the market down during the Spanish flu.
Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1
The NYSE closed from July to November 1914 because of the war.

Four years before the Spanish flu pandemic.

so what, dipshit? The point is closing the market during times of crisis is not unprecedented

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

so what, dipshit? The point is closing the market during times of crisis is not unprecedented
You claimed the stock market closed for the Spanish flu as justification for closing during the coronavirus. You were attempting to make a correlation between two pandemics.

You were wrong.

In fact, since we didn't shut down during a pandemic that wiped out 50 million people, there is no reason to shut the NYSE for coronavirus.

FDR closed the banks to try to stop a month long run on the banks that was causing banks to go under. It gave people time to catch their breath. When the banks re-opened, people stood in long lines to bring their cash back to the banks.

We aren't at that level of panic...yet.
Yes, but FDR also imparted calm. He used the time for the Fed Reserve to put in enough liquidity to pay all depositors wanted to take out their money. People saw that banks weren't reneging on depositors, so the bank runs stopped or at least slowed.

The basic problem with Trump is that only a bare half, if even that, give any credence to the shit that spews from his mouth. He lied about the severity of the virus to protect his own political interests. He makes comforting, but factless, predictions of what the virus will do, and what we'll do. 47% or so love it. But that's not going to keep the markets from tanking, nor is it gonna put people to work after their employers have been out of biz for two months.

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

What is closing the market going to do??? When you open it again it will tank. You are going to close it for a year or two and wait for everything to get better? That's not a reality, nobody can get their money out for years??

You don't seem to understand that stocks go up or down based on revenue, earnings, and growth. Even if you close the market for a month stocks will still drop to these levels as all these companies are earning way less and growth is unpredictable. Stocks will end up at the same P/E or valuation levels. Then on top of that all these other people that make their living in the markets will be out of work.

I don't think you have thought this crazy idea though at all.

Last edited:
Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

What is closing the market going to do??? When you open it again it will tank. You are going to close it for a year and wait for everything to get better? That's not a reality.

You don't seem to understand that stocks go up or down based on revenue, earnings, and growth. Even if you close the market for a month stocks will still drop to these levels as all these companies are earning way less and growth is unpredictable. Then on top of that all these other people that make their living in the markets will be out of work.

The fundamentals of most companies are extraordinarily weak at this precise time because everything is shut down. Duh. Coupled with that all the angst weighing down on investors Will cause the market to continue to drop. Duh. Once things get back to normal playing field then the market will reflect real prices. You have good companies doing zero in revenue right now. How do you think they’ll trade, dumbass?

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

What is closing the market going to do??? When you open it again it will tank. You are going to close it for a year and wait for everything to get better? That's not a reality.

You don't seem to understand that stocks go up or down based on revenue, earnings, and growth. Even if you close the market for a month stocks will still drop to these levels as all these companies are earning way less and growth is unpredictable. Then on top of that all these other people that make their living in the markets will be out of work.

The fundamentals of most companies are extraordinarily weak at this precise time because everything is shut down. Duh. Coupled with that all the angst weighing down on investors Will cause the market to continue to drop. Duh. Once things get back to normal playing field then the market will reflect real prices. You have good companies doing zero in revenue right now. How do you think they’ll trade, dumbass?
Holy fuck!!!

So what you keep the markets closed for a year and wait for things to get back to normal??? You close them for a month and hope that things will be better then. They will still drop to the same valuation levels because stock prices are based on revenue and earnings etc. And if they aren't better in a month you keep them closed for another month...

Then I can't buy any stocks that have panicked out, like UBER at 14 the other day, what a great buy. Then all the people that trade can't trade. Plus all the people that own options, what they just expire worthless and everybody loses... Nobody can get their money out, and they have no cash and a bunch of stocks that they can't sell??

I'm going to repeat what I said before:

Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you. This is not the first large drop we had, and won't be the last. In 2009 the market lost 57%, that can happen again...

ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 37 and is now at 50, I've been waiting to get in this stock since it IPOd

I can go on and on.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks. I have to lose money because you don't know the risks?

I have said this many times, the stock market isn't for Trumpers because they can't accept personal responsibility for their actions, they always blame others for their mistakes, and look to the government to bail them out of their poor decisions. (it's not Bush's fault he crashed the economy, blame the guy that was president 10 years earlier!)

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY STOCKS.

IF YOU THINK THERE IS PANIC AND MAYHEM NOW, CLOSE THE MARKETS FOR 1+ MONTHS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN...

I don't think he can do that, but he should shut down the government until the Democrats allow him to give the millions of dollars to the corporations who let the Senators know they need the money.

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Holy fuck!!!

So what you keep the markets closed for a year and wait for things to get back to normal??? You close them for a month and hope that things will be better then. They will still drop to the same valuation levels because stock prices are based on revenue and earnings etc. And if they aren't better in a month you keep them closed for another month...

Then I can't buy any stocks that have panicked out, like UBER at 14 the other day, what a great buy. Then all the people that trade can't trade. Plus all the people that own options, what they just expire worthless and everybody loses... Nobody can get their money out, and they have no cash and a bunch of stocks that they can't sell??

Clearly you didn't understand the risks of investing in the market when you entered. Obviously the stock market is not for you. This is not the first large drop we had, and won't be the last. In 2009 the market lost 57%, that can happen again...

ROKU at 60, I like it...
CRWD, I bought at 37 and is now at 50, I've been waiting to get in this stock since it IPOd

I can go on and on.

Don't take my opportunities away because you are too stupid to understand the risks. I have to lose money because you don't know the risks?

Anytime you enter the stock market you run the risk of losing lots of money, if you can't accept that, DON'T BUY STOCKS.

IF YOU THINK THERE IS PANIC AND MAYHEM NOW, CLOSE THE MARKETS FOR 1+ MONTHS, SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN...

I didn’t even read your long winded post. Any idiot knows, except for you, you’re a special kind of idiot that there is trillion ton weight around the neck of companies right now that has nothing to do with the capabilities of these companies under a normal landscape.
PS: don’t tell me shit Uber. I lost more on pre IPO investments of Uber than your whole portfolio is worth. And that’s not internet shit talk either dickhead.

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Nope.

Who told you that?

It was during
Nope.

Who told you that?

During WW1

Holy fuck!!!

ROKU at 60, I like it...

I can go on and on.

I didn’t even read your long winded post. Any idiot knows, except for you, you’re a special kind of idiot that there is trillion ton weight around the neck of companies right now that has nothing to do with the capabilities of these companies under a normal landscape.
PS: don’t tell me shit Uber. I lost more on pre IPO investments of Uber than your whole portfolio is worth. And that’s not internet shit talk either dickhead.
Yup, you didn't even bother to read my post... I guess you're proud to be stupid.
You don't understand the risks of investing and have lost lots of money. Clearly this isn't for you, that doesn't mean that I'm going to lose like you. You're saying I can't invest and trade and make money because you are too stupid to know the risks of buying stocks.

If you lost money on UBER that is because you are stupid. Buying UBER at 14 is a low risk entry and a good investment. If you lost money on UBER that is your fault not mine. Anytime you invest or buy stocks there is a risk, if you want to invest in UBER then you should have waited for it to go to 14, like it did the other day. Instead you lost, like a dumbass because you suck at this.

PS no stock is a guarantee, but UBER has good potential to be a great stock over the next 5+ years, UBER rides is profitable and growing, Uber eats, not my favorite business but that's ok (that's the risk...), Uber Freight, it has the potential to make large amounts of money. Because I got a good entry my risk is much less, you entered at the wrong time you need to learn the risks of poor investing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back