Trump sells out the Kurds to Erdogan

They helped us defeat ISIS.

We couldn't have done it without 'em, huh?

On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain and the United States signed a memorandum to provide Ukraine with security assurances in connection with its accession to the NPT as a non-nuclear weapon state.
Nuclear weapons and Ukraine - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Nuclear_weapons_and_Ukraine

What did you post when Russia invaded the Ukraine,and Obama refused to live up to the deal?
What does Russia's invasion of Ukraine have do with Ukraine acquiring nuclear weapons or giving up their nukes?

It destroys the argument that we owe a debt to the Kurds beyond that which we owe to American soldiers.

America made promises....in writing.....to the Ukraine, which Hussein didn't choose to fulfill, and you had no problem with his refusal.....but now you choose to support Marxists and use this move as a cudgel to beat an American President.

It is exactly what one has learned to expect from you.
Lame evasive response.

...that you can't dispute.

The typical 'Oh, yeah....sez you!' post from an inveterate Leftist liar.
What did I lie about? I asked you two questions and you evaded giving an answer.

I wonder if these stupid TDS afflicted Moon Bats, that try to find fault with everything that Trump does, knows that we are only talking about 50 troops?

It destroys the argument that we owe a debt to the Kurds beyond that which we owe to American soldiers.

America made promises....in writing.....to the Ukraine, which Hussein didn't choose to fulfill, and you had no problem with his refusal.....but now you choose to support Marxists and use this move as a cudgel to beat an American President.

Nitwit......did you notice that Russia was one of the signatories in the 1994 agreement....??? Basically one of the 4 signatories broke its obligations...RUSSIA....the same fucking country that your orange turd wanted sanctions lifted and who is desperately in love with Putin.....

Obama's ONLY alternative was either WAR or sanctions.......Your idiot-in-chief was even WEAKER in wanting to lift those sanctions because........well because Trump's love for Putin is endless and unrequited.

Re-post sans vulgarity and I may decide to destroy....er, answer you.

I wonder if these stupid TDS afflicted Moon Bats, that try to find fault with everything that Trump does, knows that we are only talking about 50 troops?

What difference does that make? He makes a decision, people complain and he caves. He has done this quite a few times now. That's what you voted for?

The only thing keeping Syria, and the Russians from handling any perceived problem; is US interference, lest there should inadvertently be an international incident...
Based on what analysis? Where are you getting this? Gut feelings?

Trump will be having to clean up Obama's mess in the Middle East for the next six years.

One of the Democrats running will have to clean up Trump's mess with the entire world for the next 8 years.

Trump's Middle East peace initiative gets just a little worse

Trump's decision to abandon Syria's Kurds is bad news for all U.S. regional allies

Trump thereby gave a green light to a dangerous Turkish move while ditching America’s most reliable allies in Syria: the Kurdish fighters.

The president’s move paves the way for other players in the Syrian arena to realize their interests. First and foremost is Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, but ISIS, as well, and indirectly, the Bashar Assad regime in Syria and its two main supporters, Russia and Iran. From Jerusalem’s perspective, it is another warning sign that this president – until recently presented as Israel’s greatest friend ever in Washington – can’t be trusted.

TDS is a serious mental affliction.

The nitwits that have it need to understand that Trump is trying to disengage the US from foreign interventionism, which that asshole Obama embraced.

Maybe if they took the right kind of medication to combat the mental illness they would understand things like that.

Trump will be having to clean up Obama's mess in the Middle East for the next six years.

One of the Democrats running will have to clean up Trump's mess with the entire world for the next 8 years.

Trump's Middle East peace initiative gets just a little worse

Trump's decision to abandon Syria's Kurds is bad news for all U.S. regional allies

Trump thereby gave a green light to a dangerous Turkish move while ditching America’s most reliable allies in Syria: the Kurdish fighters.

The president’s move paves the way for other players in the Syrian arena to realize their interests. First and foremost is Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, but ISIS, as well, and indirectly, the Bashar Assad regime in Syria and its two main supporters, Russia and Iran. From Jerusalem’s perspective, it is another warning sign that this president – until recently presented as Israel’s greatest friend ever in Washington – can’t be trusted.

Gabbard and Sanders are the only ones willing to talk about it.

The only thing keeping Syria, and the Russians from handling any perceived problem; is US interference, lest there should inadvertently be an international incident...
Based on what analysis? Where are you getting this? Gut feelings?
Historical fact. If Syria wanted, or needed our help with ISIS; they would have asked. They didn’t...

The US didn’t secure Syria from ISIS; the Russians did.
Russia Defeats ISIS in Syria
“A Russian coalition consisting of Syrian forces and their allies took over the last ISIS stronghold in Syria, the city of Abu-Kemal. The flags of Syria and Russia as a sign of their defeat of the last remnant of the ISIS forces in the country of Syria.”

If nothing else; US presence in defiance of the Syrian governments will was a hinderance. ISIS was merely a ploy the US used to prop up the Kurdish fighting forces, (Syrian rebels), in an effort to hinder Russian influence in the region, and garner support of the Kurds so they could be used for fighting outside of Syria proper.

Last edited:
These people have stood by us in our fight against Saddam and later ISIS. I simply do not understand this betrayal.
Trump’s decision to make way for Turkey in Syria seen by critics as a Kurds betrayal

Because it’s Fake News. He didn’t sell out the Kurds. The agreement is Turkey will not attack them.

President Trump unloaded a bunch of ISIS terrorists on them. Let the Turks torture and kill them.

If they decide to do something stupid, we’ll boot their asses out of NATO, which we should had done back when the Ataturks failed to overthrow the Islamic radical Erdofag.

This is a win-win for us.

"The agreement is Turkey will not attack them."

And you think Erdogan can be trusted with such agreements?

Please.

As I already stated, if he does attack, then we get to kick them out of NATO and kick their asses.
You're going to start a war with Turkey now? I doubt that very much. Even if they do bomb the Kurds. They are an ally right? So now Trump is going to start another war with another Muslim country? And you think we are going to support this?

Trump should have not turned his back on the Kurds but if Turkey bombs the Kurds, I don't think Americans are going to support a war over it.

Or is Trump going to act without the support of Congress? Didn't you guys fault Obama for doing that?

I could care less about the Turks. They’re Muslims that have embraced extremism. They should be kicked to the curb.

These people have stood by us in our fight against Saddam and later ISIS. I simply do not understand this betrayal.
Trump’s decision to make way for Turkey in Syria seen by critics as a Kurds betrayal

Because it’s Fake News. He didn’t sell out the Kurds. The agreement is Turkey will not attack them.

President Trump unloaded a bunch of ISIS terrorists on them. Let the Turks torture and kill them.

If they decide to do something stupid, we’ll boot their asses out of NATO, which we should had done back when the Ataturks failed to overthrow the Islamic radical Erdofag.

This is a win-win for us.

"The agreement is Turkey will not attack them."

And you think Erdogan can be trusted with such agreements?

Please.

As I already stated, if he does attack, then we get to kick them out of NATO and kick their asses.
You're going to start a war with Turkey now? I doubt that very much. Even if they do bomb the Kurds. They are an ally right? So now Trump is going to start another war with another Muslim country? And you think we are going to support this?

Trump should have not turned his back on the Kurds but if Turkey bombs the Kurds, I don't think Americans are going to support a war over it.

Or is Trump going to act without the support of Congress? Didn't you guys fault Obama for doing that?

I could care less about the Turks. They’re Muslims that have embraced extremism. They should be kicked to the curb.
Same thing Reagan said about the Taliban, which led to 9-11. Idiots.

How is expecting a group to stand on their own two feet a 'betrayal'?

Are we obligated to protect them for ever when they are on thje other side of the planet from us?

Why cant Israel, or the EU do it?

Hell India is closer!

It is time to stop being the policeman for the entire planet.

This President's decisions are difficult to understand. Is it that he has an unseen strategy or no strategy at all?
Trump realizes that we have over extended our obligations, like many old Empires that go into decline, we have a lot of old partners from various wars that we never let loose from our apron strings.

That has to come to a stop.

Our Federal budget is way over drawn the national debt is over $20 TRILLION and we have to curtail all these unwarrented obligations.

I am sure the Kurds can do just as well being supplied and supported by Israel, the EU, or the Saudis.

Trumps strategy is basically a combination of 'Clean your own house first' and 'Defending Everything equals Defending nothing at all'.

Lol
Their behavior says different, we have Centuries of proof...

You have obviously never learned that the Koran is loosely based on the Torah and Bible.
Except it replaces love with hate... Islam preaches hate

You obviously have never read the Old Testament.
Lol
You obviously can’t read in context, In no way you do the old and New Testament conflict....

Try reading my post again. I was comparing the Old Testament to the Quran. I never said that the New and Old Testaments, conflict, but for the record they do. The New Covenant replaced the old Jewish rituals.
Not at all...

“”The Bible is an intriguing book that is full of conundrums that baffle most people because of the many paradoxical statements and issues found within its pages.

Many claim that the Old Testament and the New Testament are two different books: one belonging to a group of tribesman who worshiped an angry god which is more representative of the descriptions that we would associate with the Evil One, the god of this world, the very Devil himself; the other book consisting of the sayings of the wisest man who has ever lived, fairy tales called revelations and the writings of a person who had an epileptic fit when heading towards Damascus from Jerusalem.

Some individuals have been heard stating that the Old Testament is a story about the anger of the God of Creation and the New Testament is the story about His contrition for being angry with people who did not ask to be born—so He expressed some love.

More common among Evangelicals is the statement that Old Testament is about God’s anger with sin and the New Testament is about how God has chosen to overlook sin.

Certain groups teach that the Old Testament was a book for Israelites and Jews and is no longer valid, except where texts are referenced by the Apostle Paul.

Contrary to what many people think, the Old Testament is just as valid today as the New Testament.

The Old Testament contains not only historical accuracy (which the ignorati refuse to accept even though there is an abundance of historical evidence) but also prophecy, the truth about morality and the progressive revelation of the plan and purpose of God in dealing with the futility of being born only to die. More than this, the metaphysical truth for existence exists within its pages.

The Old Testament informs us that God’s Son existed before the Universe was created and He was involved in Creation; even giving the Law to Moses. The New Testament affirms that this is the case.

• In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit[b] of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. (Genesis 1:1-4)
  • In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:1-5)
  • He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:15-17)
  • Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know! (Proverbs 30:2-4)
  • And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. (Exodus 34:5)
  • Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made; and it was ordained by angels through an intermediary. Now an intermediary implies more than one; but God is one. (Galatians 3:19-20)
  • Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord (Deuteronomy 6:4)
There is undeniably an abundance of information for the discerning reader in both the Old and New Testaments that corresponds, supports and aligns with a consistent message that the Creator God, through His Son, not only created the Universe but has been seeking to establish an eternally abiding relationship with humans, who are humble enough to admit they are mere mortals

That there may appear to be conflicting views may, at first, seem disconcerting, but not to those who seek to find the truth.

Many people make statements about the Bible being a book of contradictions but do not really want to know why it is that what they think is a contradiction exists. Even when shown the truth they reject it.

For instance, many say that the fact the New Testament has statements asserting that the Law has been done away with, and also has contradicting statements to this assertion, is evidence that the New Testament is a concocted myth.

• For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)
  • Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17)
The above texts from John and Matthew give the impression that the Son of God had nothing to do with giving the Law to Moses and because He has come to fulfill them, but not to the person who understands that “not to abolish them” means that they still exist.

• For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18)
  • Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not; for if a law had been given which could make alive, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. Galatians 3:21
The main contention by many claiming that the Law of God is no longer valid today has to do with a misunderstanding of the reasons the Ten Commandments, written by God Himself, are valid. This is because the Ten Commandments cannot of themselves impart righteousness to people who have violated them. But they are still a guide for humans as to what morality requires and, moreover, they inform us that each person needs to establish a relationship with the Creator. There is no evidence in the New Testament that the commandments are not to be kept. Instead we find the contrary.

• For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. (1 John 5:3)
The biggest difficulty most people have understanding the Bible, and its many apparent conundrums, has to do with contextualization. When everything is seen in the appropriate context, what might be applicable and understandable under a given set of circumstances may appear a violation of injunction.

For instance, while God states that nobody is to murder anyone, yet instructs Israel to commit genocide of the nations dwelling in Canaan, this is seen as hypocritical. However, there is a big difference between a person murdering someone and a judge ordering a righteous execution of a murderer.

In a similar manner, without understanding the righteousness of God, the New Testament may appear to be at odds with the Old Testament. In reality, the Old Testament is a precursor to the New Testament and contains the plan and purpose of God, even prophecies that are coming to pass at the current time, with the establishment of Israel in preparation for the return of Lord Jesus Christ.

The New Testament Is But A Greater Illumination Of The Old Testament

You have obviously never learned that the Koran is loosely based on the Torah and Bible.

Lol
You obviously can’t read in context, In no way you do the old and New Testament conflict....

Try reading my post again. I was comparing the Old Testament to the Quran. I never said that the New and Old Testaments, conflict, but for the record they do. The New Covenant replaced the old Jewish rituals.
Not at all...

“”The Bible is an intriguing book that is full of conundrums that baffle most people because of the many paradoxical statements and issues found within its pages.

Many claim that the Old Testament and the New Testament are two different books: one belonging to a group of tribesman who worshiped an angry god which is more representative of the descriptions that we would associate with the Evil One, the god of this world, the very Devil himself; the other book consisting of the sayings of the wisest man who has ever lived, fairy tales called revelations and the writings of a person who had an epileptic fit when heading towards Damascus from Jerusalem.

Some individuals have been heard stating that the Old Testament is a story about the anger of the God of Creation and the New Testament is the story about His contrition for being angry with people who did not ask to be born—so He expressed some love.

More common among Evangelicals is the statement that Old Testament is about God’s anger with sin and the New Testament is about how God has chosen to overlook sin.

Certain groups teach that the Old Testament was a book for Israelites and Jews and is no longer valid, except where texts are referenced by the Apostle Paul.

Contrary to what many people think, the Old Testament is just as valid today as the New Testament.

The Old Testament contains not only historical accuracy (which the ignorati refuse to accept even though there is an abundance of historical evidence) but also prophecy, the truth about morality and the progressive revelation of the plan and purpose of God in dealing with the futility of being born only to die. More than this, the metaphysical truth for existence exists within its pages.

The Old Testament informs us that God’s Son existed before the Universe was created and He was involved in Creation; even giving the Law to Moses. The New Testament affirms that this is the case.

• In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit[b] of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. (Genesis 1:1-4)
  • In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:1-5)
  • He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:15-17)
  • Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know! (Proverbs 30:2-4)
  • And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. (Exodus 34:5)
  • Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made; and it was ordained by angels through an intermediary. Now an intermediary implies more than one; but God is one. (Galatians 3:19-20)
There is undeniably an abundance of information for the discerning reader in both the Old and New Testaments that corresponds, supports and aligns with a consistent message that the Creator God, through His Son, not only created the Universe but has been seeking to establish an eternally abiding relationship with humans, who are humble enough to admit they are mere mortals

That there may appear to be conflicting views may, at first, seem disconcerting, but not to those who seek to find the truth.

Many people make statements about the Bible being a book of contradictions but do not really want to know why it is that what they think is a contradiction exists. Even when shown the truth they reject it.

For instance, many say that the fact the New Testament has statements asserting that the Law has been done away with, and also has contradicting statements to this assertion, is evidence that the New Testament is a concocted myth.

• For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)
  • Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17)
The above texts from John and Matthew give the impression that the Son of God had nothing to do with giving the Law to Moses and because He has come to fulfill them, but not to the person who understands that “not to abolish them” means that they still exist.

• For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18)
  • Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not; for if a law had been given which could make alive, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. Galatians 3:21
The main contention by many claiming that the Law of God is no longer valid today has to do with a misunderstanding of the reasons the Ten Commandments, written by God Himself, are valid. This is because the Ten Commandments cannot of themselves impart righteousness to people who have violated them. But they are still a guide for humans as to what morality requires and, moreover, they inform us that each person needs to establish a relationship with the Creator. There is no evidence in the New Testament that the commandments are not to be kept. Instead we find the contrary.

• For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. (1 John 5:3)
The biggest difficulty most people have understanding the Bible, and its many apparent conundrums, has to do with contextualization. When everything is seen in the appropriate context, what might be applicable and understandable under a given set of circumstances may appear a violation of injunction.

For instance, while God states that nobody is to murder anyone, yet instructs Israel to commit genocide of the nations dwelling in Canaan, this is seen as hypocritical. However, there is a big difference between a person murdering someone and a judge ordering a righteous execution of a murderer.

In a similar manner, without understanding the righteousness of God, the New Testament may appear to be at odds with the Old Testament. In reality, the Old Testament is a precursor to the New Testament and contains the plan and purpose of God, even prophecies that are coming to pass at the current time, with the establishment of Israel in preparation for the return of Lord Jesus Christ.

The Bible is a collection of books written by a wide range of people from sons of pharaohs to wandering shepherds over a 1500 year period.

The Old Testament was about Israel and their continuing Eternal covenant with the Creator, and the New Testament is the new covenant the Creator has established with Gentiles and those Jews who chose to follow Jesus.

The miracle is that all these books and authors have the same morality and world view despite all the differences.

Lol

Not at all...

So? Do you adhere by all of the laws in the Old Testament or do you abide by the New Covenant in the New Testament? Eat any pork of shellfish lately?

I might as well have posted that in Aramaic or Greek because you would understand it just as well.

Lol

Not at all...

So? Do you adhere by all of the laws in the Old Testament or do you abide by the New Covenant in the New Testament? Eat any pork of shellfish lately?

I might as well have posted that in Aramaic or Greek because you would understand it just as well.

lol

The Bible if not taken as a whole is absolute gibberish… You can’t cherry pick, only politically correct pieces of shit cherry pick things like that.

Lol

Not at all...

lol

The Bible if not taken as a whole is absolute gibberish… You can’t cherry pick, only politically correct pieces of shit cherry pick things like that.

Congratulations! You have been educated. Now stop posting stupid shit like you were doing.

Forum List

Back