Trump Scampaign Has Only 70 Employees, No One Wants to Work There

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
Donald Trump has a staff of 70 for a national campaign that consummates in 4 months 13 days with the election. No one wants to work for him, so just how does he turn that around when no professional campaign staff is going to help him? Hillary Clinton has a staff of 700 professionals and will end up killing him if he doesn't fix his problem.

"Donald Trump has finally acknowledged that to best compete against Hillary Clinton he needs more than the bare-bones campaign team that led him to primary success. But many of the most experienced Republican political advisers aren't willing to work for him.

From Texas to New Hampshire, well-respected members of the Republican Party's professional class say they cannot look past their deep personal and professional reservations about the presumptive presidential nominee.

While there are exceptions, many strategists who best understand the mechanics of presidential politics fear that taking a Trump paycheck might stain their resumes, spook other clients and even cause problems at home. They also are reluctant to devote months to a divisive candidate whose campaign has been plagued by infighting and disorganization.

"Right now I feel no obligation to lift a finger to help Donald Trump," said Brent Swander, an Ohio-based operative who has coordinated nationwide logistics for Republican presidential campaigns dating to George W. Bush.

"Everything that we're taught as children — not to bully, not to demean, to treat others with respect — everything we're taught as children is the exact opposite of what the Republican nominee is doing. How do you work for somebody like that? What would I tell my family?" Swander said.

Trump leapt into presidential politics with a small group of aides, some drafted directly from his real estate business, with no experience running a White House campaign. An unquestioned success in the GOP primaries, they have struggled to respond to the increased demands of a general election.

As in years past, the primary season created a pool of battle-tested staffers who worked for other candidates, from which Trump would be expected to draw. But hundreds of such aides have so far declined invitations to work for him.

They include several communications aides to Chris Christie, as well as the New Jersey governor's senior political adviser, Michael DuHaime, who said he rejected direct and indirect inquiries to sign on with the billionaire.

Chris Wilson, a senior aide to Ted Cruz, said the Texas senator's entire paid staff of more than 150 ignored encouragement from Trump's team to apply for positions after Cruz quit the presidential race. Wilson said that even now, many unemployed Cruz aides are refusing to work for the man who called their former boss "Lyin' Ted."

That's the case for Scott Smith, a Texas-based operative who traveled the country planning events for Cruz, and earlier worked on presidential bids for Bush and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

"It's very clear that none of us are going to work for Trump," Smith said. "Even if I wanted to work for Trump, my wife would kill me." More at the link: Many experienced GOP strategists unwilling to work for Trump

'"Everything that we're taught as children — not to bully, not to demean, to treat others with respect — everything we're taught as children is the exact opposite of what the Republican nominee is doing. How do you work for somebody like that? What would I tell my family?" Swander said.'

Exactly.

And a majority of Americans correctly believe this as well, and would never vote for the likes of Trump.

He can't pay a full staff ... he's a BILLIONAIRE BABY !!!

or so he says ... I have yet to see the bottom line on his tax returns ....

He can't pay a full staff ... he's a BILLIONAIRE BABY !!!

or so he says ... I have yet to see the bottom line on his tax returns ....

He'll be a billionaire as soon as his rich uncle gets out of the poorhouse.

Trump has less in his campaign than most people who are running for congress. And this is rolling through the entire party. How do you go knocking on doors supporting a specific candidate
Donald Trump has a staff of 70 for a national campaign that consummates in 4 months 13 days with the election. No one wants to work for him, so just how does he turn that around when no professional campaign staff is going to help him? Hillary Clinton has a staff of 700 professionals and will end up killing him if he doesn't fix his problem.

"Donald Trump has finally acknowledged that to best compete against Hillary Clinton he needs more than the bare-bones campaign team that led him to primary success. But many of the most experienced Republican political advisers aren't willing to work for him.

From Texas to New Hampshire, well-respected members of the Republican Party's professional class say they cannot look past their deep personal and professional reservations about the presumptive presidential nominee.

While there are exceptions, many strategists who best understand the mechanics of presidential politics fear that taking a Trump paycheck might stain their resumes, spook other clients and even cause problems at home. They also are reluctant to devote months to a divisive candidate whose campaign has been plagued by infighting and disorganization.

"Right now I feel no obligation to lift a finger to help Donald Trump," said Brent Swander, an Ohio-based operative who has coordinated nationwide logistics for Republican presidential campaigns dating to George W. Bush.

"Everything that we're taught as children — not to bully, not to demean, to treat others with respect — everything we're taught as children is the exact opposite of what the Republican nominee is doing. How do you work for somebody like that? What would I tell my family?" Swander said.

Trump leapt into presidential politics with a small group of aides, some drafted directly from his real estate business, with no experience running a White House campaign. An unquestioned success in the GOP primaries, they have struggled to respond to the increased demands of a general election.

As in years past, the primary season created a pool of battle-tested staffers who worked for other candidates, from which Trump would be expected to draw. But hundreds of such aides have so far declined invitations to work for him.

They include several communications aides to Chris Christie, as well as the New Jersey governor's senior political adviser, Michael DuHaime, who said he rejected direct and indirect inquiries to sign on with the billionaire.

Chris Wilson, a senior aide to Ted Cruz, said the Texas senator's entire paid staff of more than 150 ignored encouragement from Trump's team to apply for positions after Cruz quit the presidential race. Wilson said that even now, many unemployed Cruz aides are refusing to work for the man who called their former boss "Lyin' Ted."

That's the case for Scott Smith, a Texas-based operative who traveled the country planning events for Cruz, and earlier worked on presidential bids for Bush and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

"It's very clear that none of us are going to work for Trump," Smith said. "Even if I wanted to work for Trump, my wife would kill me." More at the link: Many experienced GOP strategists unwilling to work for Trump

Trump has less campaign cash than most who are running for congress right now. 1.2 million. Volunteers are way down for all seats. The thought being how do volunteers knock on doors supporting a specific candidate with Trump at the top of the ticket. So they're not doing it this year. The Republican party itself is down 2/3's in cash donations as to what they were in 2012.

ROFLMAO! Spoken like a true Liberal. Hillary's ridiculously over staffed, bloated, inefficient campaign funded by deep pocket shadowy figures is "good". And by contrast Trump's remarkably efficient, lean and effective campaign is "bad".

'"Everything that we're taught as children — not to bully, not to demean, to treat others with respect — everything we're taught as children is the exact opposite of what the Republican nominee is doing. How do you work for somebody like that? What would I tell my family?" Swander said.'

Exactly.

And a majority of Americans correctly believe this as well, and would never vote for the likes of Trump.

Because Hillary treats her staff so well....
Secret Service agents: Hillary is a nightmare to work with | New York Post

ROFLMAO! Spoken like a true Liberal. Hillary's ridiculously over staffed, bloated, inefficient campaign funded by deep pocket shadowy figures is "good". And by contrast Trump's remarkably efficient, lean and effective campaign is "bad".
Efficient, lean and ineffective is a better description of Trump and his scampaign. Hillary Clinton leads by double digits this morning and she can thank her overstaffed, bloated, inefficient campaign for it.

Exactly.

Because Hillary treats her staff so well....
Secret Service agents: Hillary is a nightmare to work with | New York Post
Right a uniformed officer had access to the First Family. What bizarro world do you live in where that even exists?

Trump has less in his campaign than most people who are running for congress. And this is rolling through the entire party. How do you go knocking on doors supporting a specific candidate

Trump has less campaign cash than most who are running for congress right now. 1.2 million. Volunteers are way down for all seats. The thought being how do volunteers knock on doors supporting a specific candidate with Trump at the top of the ticket. So they're not doing it this year. The Republican party itself is down 2/3's in cash donations as to what they were in 2012.
Translation: The Republicans could run a lamppost and kick your criminal candidate's ass...

And Trump will still get half of Bernie's supporters, even before the FBI releases the results of their investigation!!!

And by contrast Trump's remarkably efficient, lean and effective campaign is "bad".
"remarkably efficient" - no, remarkably inefficient is more like it.
"lean' - oh yeah, it's definitely lean.
"effective campaign" - ineffective campaign is a more apt description.
"campaign is "bad"" - you got that right.

You got 2 out of 4 right; not bad for a trump puppet. ROTFLMAO

Why do you need more then one person when you're fucking name is

Donald Trump?

Translation: The Republicans could run a lamppost and kick your criminal candidate's ass...

And Trump will still get half of Bernie's supporters, even before the FBI releases the results of their investigation!!!

Don't look now the Republicans are running a lamp post (with a dim witted bulb). Bernie supporters aren't stupid and I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite for being a Trump supporter.

Why do you need more then one person when you're fucking name is

Donald Trump?

Yep, his scampaign will be filing bankruptcy very soon.

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD

she's ahead 14 points ..

see how that works ?

Don't count on Bernie's followers to support Hillary. They're pissed over how the party fucked over their candidate with the super delegates and ushered in their queen. There haven't been any debates yet either. Hillary doesn't take questions from reporters but she can't duck and dodge them indefinitely and when she has to start answering for some of her actions, the polls will reverse themselves.
So far, she's been kept away from the public and promoted by her commie friends in the media but soon she'll have to face Trump in a debate and he won't be like Romney or McCain. He'll rip her a new one and she won't be able to hide from it.

Don't count on Bernie's followers to support Hillary. They're pissed over how the party fucked over their candidate with the super delegates and ushered in their queen. There haven't been any debates yet either. Hillary doesn't take questions from reporters but she can't duck and dodge them indefinitely and when she has to start answering for some of her actions, the polls will reverse themselves.
So far, she's been kept away from the public and promoted by her commie friends in the media but soon she'll have to face Trump in a debate and he won't be like Romney or McCain. He'll rip her a new one and she won't be able to hide from it.

Wishful thinking. Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton that will go further than anything else to make sure his followers vote for her. Meanwhile, the Libertarian candidate Johnson, is siphoning off more votes than he can handle.

Wishful thinking. Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton that will go further than anything else to make sure his followers vote for her. Meanwhile, the Libertarian candidate Johnson, is siphoning off more votes than he can handle.
That's where you're wrong. His followers have no reason to vote for Hillary, they hate the bitch. They understand that Bernie has no choice but to endorse her but that doesn't mean they have to. And pot smoking Johnson is more likely to pick up the Bernie supporters than he is to pick up any Republicans.

Forum List

Back