Trump Rolls to Victory but Struggles With Independents

While a dominating share of the Republican Party’s core voters are still with him, the results signaled he risks losing enough Republicans—as well as a substantial share of independents—to create a problem for him as a general-election candidate.

The first task for any candidate is to unify the party. But 19% of Republicans who cast ballots in New Hampshire said they would be so dissatisfied with Trump as the nominee that they wouldn’t vote for him in November, according to AP VoteCast, a survey of primary voters. Similarly, 15% of Republicans who participated in Iowa’s caucuses last week said they wouldn’t support Trump in the general election.

“In a polarized country, any candidate has to win 90% or more of their party to win an election,” said Whit Ayres, a longtime Republican pollster and strategist. “You can’t be competitive if you’re not close to 90%.” In 2020, Trump lost 9% of his own party’s voters, AP VoteCast found, and still came up short in the election.

Not looking good for Trump. Sure, he won two states so far and he is predicted to win a third but as this article shows, he is losing Republicans and more importantly, independents. Oh well. Republicans had a choice but the hard-core decided to stick with Trump.
tRump is tOast.

"Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare' Trump Remains the Candidate of Choice for at Least 30% of America"

Now that reflects reality

"Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare' Trump Remains the Candidate of Choice for at Least 30% of America"

Now that reflects reality
Actually, if you see my post #7 that should read:
"Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare' Trump Remains the Candidate of Choice for at Least 30% of Democrats"

According to the best available source, Real Clear Politics, the general election RIGHT NOW is: Trump 47.3%, Biden 43.5%.

If you don't LIKE that, fine for you, but facts are facts. More people would vote for Trump today than would vote for Biden. Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare.'

Deal with it.

Actually, if you see my post #7 that should read:
"Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare' Trump Remains the Candidate of Choice for at Least 30% of Democrats"
Biden will take NH, and he is up ten points from September to a 47 to 39 lead in PA over Trump.

T-dog will do well with his base, less much less with GOP never trumpers, and badly with indies.

According to the best available source, Real Clear Politics, the general election RIGHT NOW is: Trump 47.3%, Biden 43.5%.

If you don't LIKE that, fine for you, but facts are facts. More people would vote for Trump today than would vote for Biden. Despite Years of Leftist Slanders and Unprecedented, Vicious 'Lawfare.'

Deal with it.
LOL We are not the party that threw a fit and trashed the Capitol/tried to hang the VP because our leader lost.

So, when we Dems win in November, you may want to remember your advice and Deal with it. :itsok:

If by toast, you mean President Trump retaking the white house by a Reagan level margin of victory, then yes.
Lol, no.

1706123983195.png

1706124034739.png

Toast on a stick, in fact.

1706124085186.png

Biden will take NH, and he is up ten points from September to a 47 to 39 lead in PA over Trump.

T-dog will do well with his base, less much less with GOP never trumpers, and badly with indies.
Running your own bullshit poll by using ESP? Or is it just "wishful thinking"?

1. PA is tied 40-40 when you include 3rd party candidates.
2. Biden can have NH
3. Nationally, Trump is up by 6-points. Inflation is just starting to bite Biden, it will be worse in November.

1706128652823.png

Running your own bullshit poll by using ESP? Or is it just "wishful thinking"?

1. PA is tied 40-40 when you include 3rd party candidates.
2. Biden can have NH
3. Nationally, Trump is up by 6-points. Inflation is just starting to bite Biden, it will be worse in November.

I agree the economy and inflation will significantly influence the election.

I think the influence the abortion issue on GOP women will also sway it.

I agree the economy and inflation will significantly influence the election.

I think the influence the abortion issue on GOP women will also sway it.
Agreed. Trump won't win women who are abortion voters.

We also have Trump's abrasive personality that turns women voters off, like my wife. She hates his bullying style.

How far have we fallen to end up with these two losers????

The GOP is only 25 percent of voters.

The Dems are also only 25 percent.

Independents are 40 percent.

If a fifth of Republicans won't vote for Trump no matter what, and he can't carry Independents, Trump is going to get smoked.

The GOP is only 25 percent of voters.

The Dems are also only 25 percent.

Independents are 40 percent.

If a fifth of Republicans won't vote for Trump no matter what, and he can't carry Independents, Trump is going to get smoked.

He's literally the most popular person in the United States.

Latest results from 5m ago
95% OF VOTES IN

Republican Primary
CandidateVotesPercentPct.Chart showing percentDelegatesDelegates

Donald J. Trump
174,948+54.3%54.3%12

Nikki Haley
139,469+43.3%43.39

Ron DeSantis
2,251+0.7%0.7No delegates—
Total reported321,991

Not a bad showing by Haley.