Trump rallies in Mich., touting economy and diplomacy and blasting media

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho

I guess Trump is most comfortable when he's running for something...so he's holding campaign events?
Hasn't anyone told him he won..and it's time to get to work?

Quotes:

President Trump bragged about his economic and diplomatic accomplishments and savaged the media during a raucous rally Saturday before thousands of supporters in a state that is critical to his reelection hopes.
The campaign-style event held at the Total Sports Park was billed as counterprogramming to the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in the nation’s capital, which the president skipped for the second consecutive year
“You may have heard I was invited to another event tonight,” the president told a crowd that began gathering under cloudy skies hours before the scheduled 7 p.m. kickoff. “I’d much rather be in Washington, Mich., than Washington, D.C.”
The president treated the crowd, dotted with the familiar “Make America Great Again” hats, to his customary litany of immigration complaints, gibes at prominent Democrats including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and boasts about purchases of “brand-new” military equipment.
The president also complained that the media had not given him sufficient credit for making possible Friday’s meeting between leaders of the two Koreas, saying he had “everything” to do with it.
He also predicted that he would achieve the “all-time record” for appointing conservative judges and boasted that his tax and economic policies were working.

At nearly 80 minutes long, the rambling tour d’horizon was lengthier than most State of the Union addresses and featured nods to space travel, the price of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem, promises of “crystal clean water,” entertainer Kanye West and plans to rehabilitate local infrastructure.

Trump showcased themes for the fall election campaign, warning Republicans against complacency and claiming that Democrats would raise taxes, welcome unlimited numbers of illegal immigrants into the country and whittle away at gun rights.

He brushed aside polls warning of a Democratic wave heading for congressional Republicans, predicting, “We’re going to win the House.”

Less than 20 minutes into the speech, as Trump jumped from assailing former FBI director James B. Comey to the European Union in a speech that appeared largely unscripted, some in the mostly white and older crowd headed for the exits.

Last edited:
Obama acted like he was campaigning his whole presidency.

really

how many campaign rallies did he have in his first year?

At least one, but that was not the point. Point was he acted like he was campaigning his whole presidency.

i think what you meant to type was *i disagreed with him his whole presidency*

you're welcome

There you go trying to think again.

To me Trump is not either party, so rallying the base is necessary.

I guess Trump is most comfortable when he's running for something...so he's holding campaign events?

Quotes:

President Trump bragged about his economic and diplomatic accomplishments and savaged the media during a raucous rally Saturday before thousands of supporters in a state that is critical to his reelection hopes.
The campaign-style event held at the Total Sports Park was billed as counterprogramming to the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in the nation’s capital, which the president skipped for the second consecutive year
“You may have heard I was invited to another event tonight,” the president told a crowd that began gathering under cloudy skies hours before the scheduled 7 p.m. kickoff. “I’d much rather be in Washington, Mich., than Washington, D.C.”
The president treated the crowd, dotted with the familiar “Make America Great Again” hats, to his customary litany of immigration complaints, gibes at prominent Democrats including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and boasts about purchases of “brand-new” military equipment.
The president also complained that the media had not given him sufficient credit for making possible Friday’s meeting between leaders of the two Koreas, saying he had “everything” to do with it.
He also predicted that he would achieve the “all-time record” for appointing conservative judges and boasted that his tax and economic policies were working.

At nearly 80 minutes long, the rambling tour d’horizon was lengthier than most State of the Union addresses and featured nods to space travel, the price of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem, promises of “crystal clean water,” entertainer Kanye West and plans to rehabilitate local infrastructure.

Trump showcased themes for the fall election campaign, warning Republicans against complacency and claiming that Democrats would raise taxes, welcome unlimited numbers of illegal immigrants into the country and whittle away at gun rights.

He brushed aside polls warning of a Democratic wave heading for congressional Republicans, predicting, “We’re going to win the House.”

Less than 20 minutes into the speech, as Trump jumped from assailing former FBI director James B. Comey to the European Union in a speech that appeared largely unscripted, some in the mostly white and older crowd headed for the exits.
It's almost as if there's a major election occuring in 6 months.....

EvilEyeFleagle asked:

'Hasn't anyone told him he won..and it's time to get to work?'

Hasn't anyone told members of the press and members of Congress in both parties in both houses that he won....and it's time to let him do his work?

Hasn't anyone told him he won
He won? So you mean despite what we have heard for over a year now Trump did not conspire and collude with Russia to steal the election? Thanks for finally clearing that up.
I've never said Trump colluded with anyone.....some of his campaign staff maybe. Only fools think the election invalid.

We legitimately elected a clown..now deal with the circus.

Quotes:

Wrong headline. Should read "tRump dodges WH correspondents dinner because he is a delicate snowflake with no sense of humor".

EvilEyeFleagle asked:

'Hasn't anyone told him he won..and it's time to get to work?'

Hasn't anyone told members of the press and members of Congress in both parties in both houses that he won....and it's time to let him do his work?
Not how it works--he is not the dictator..he must compromise and work with Congress---and he shows little skill at the art governing.

Trump is entitled to exactly as much cooperation and respect as Obama got from the Republicans.

Quotes:

You lefties haven't stopped campaigning.

Your desire to have a free hand to spread your lies is denied.

Quotes:

LoL! Uhh..OK. I must point out that you have no power to deny anyone anything---the only lie I'm seeing right now is where you try, once again, to paint me as a 'lefty'---it must really chaff you that those of us in the center are rejecting your polemic.

Quotes:

LoL! Uhh..OK. I must point out that you have no power to deny anyone anything---the only lie I'm seeing right now is where you try, once again, to paint me as a 'lefty'---it must really chaff you that those of us in the center are rejecting your polemic.

When we ignore your desire and act in such a way that you don't get what you want.

we have denied you.

And you are not the center. The Center is not going to be upset that the President held a rally.

Quotes:

When we ignore your desire and act in such a way that you don't get what you want.

we have denied you.

And you are not the center. The Center is not going to be upset that the President held a rally.
So you say...I submit that you do not define the center and what interests/concerns we have.

The fact that the President seems to NEED a rally--that his ego is so fragile--is what is of concern.

BTW...if I were a Trump fan...I'd avoid the word 'lies' at all costs---given this President's indifferent attitude towards the factual truth.

Forum List

Back