trump Prohibited from Receiving Any Bailout Money

This is good. I'm glad democrats in the senate are making sure that trump won't get a penny of that slush fund.

So equal treatment under the law doesn't apply to people you don't like? The Constitution has a term for that, it's called a "bill of attainder", and it prohibits them.

He is welcome to resign his position in order to receive his bailout.

No need for that, that's what the courts are for. You should try reading the Constitution for a change.

I have. Bill of attainder is not relevant to this bill. The restriction is not directed at a person, but an office. Therefore that does not apply.

Wrong answer, it singles out a particular class of people (federal politicians and their families) for unequal treatment under the law. That's a clear violation of the Constitution.

Having an occupation does not make one a class of people. There are already laws regarding how politicians and government workers are allowed to participate in government programs. This is no different. This is applying conditions to employment and no one is obligated to accept their employment given those conditions.

We'll see what the courts say about it.

Doubt it. Someone is going to have to file a lawsuit first.

Who is going to do that?

Doubt all you want, you can bet someone will. I hope Don Jr. is the first. That would put you commiecrats in a tailspin.

Thats a good point. I might see a family member being able to sufficiently say the bill should not apply to them. After all, it’s not their fault that their family is an elected official. I agree with that specific point.

Of course, that just reminds me very much of Hunter Biden, ironically.

Not even close, baby biden has never been involved in building much of anything, Don Jr. has been involved in building a hotel empire and employing 10s of thousands for decades. The Trump properties are taking the same hits as Marriott or any other hotel chain. Exclusion just because of their name is illegal.

But Trump is loaded, has he not told us 100s of times... Why are the righties so concerned on giving a billionaire money. Trump is all the time telling us how rich he is., why would he need taxpayer money.

Ahh it is others peoples money he wants...

This is good. I'm glad democrats in the senate are making sure that trump won't get a penny of that slush fund.

Your slush fund is costing every American household five figures in additional debt, but hey, at least Trump isn't getting any of it.

It's a $2 trillion dollar re-election campaign fund. That a huge bailout of our failing President.

forget your meds this week?

can you name any previous president that wouldn't have done this much, or more, to keep the country running?
Any president would have done a better job at preventing our country from reaching this disastrous point.

ANY president.

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Man, this sure is some hoax! It's such a shame the Democrats were overreacting!

What would they have done differently?

Why do libtards keep dodging this question?

Your slush fund is costing every American household five figures in additional debt, but hey, at least Trump isn't getting any of it.

Couldn't get funds to hospitals and emergency medical care with out paying the GOP corporate masters...

Problem when people vote for the corporate greed guys..

It's a $2 trillion dollar re-election campaign fund. That a huge bailout of our failing President.

can you name any previous president that wouldn't have done this much, or more, to keep the country running?
Any president would have done a better job at preventing our country from reaching this disastrous point.

ANY president.

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

What would they have done differently?

Why do libtards keep dodging this question?

Stop fucking lying and prepare...

You know Trump and GOP were being fed a totally different story in private...

ANY president.

We disagree

Couldn't get funds to hospitals and emergency medical care with out paying the GOP corporate masters...

Don't waste my time with your childish BS, ass clown

The GOP were looking for the $500bn Corporate funds and Dems were fighting for $100bn for medical services...

In Mitch McConnell's original bill the hospitals got far less than that (they asked for $100bn)

Here they got $75bn

Here they got $100bn
Here they said they got more

So where did that come from... Negotiating with Democrats... Democrats got that...

So equal treatment under the law doesn't apply to people you don't like? The Constitution has a term for that, it's called a "bill of attainder", and it prohibits them.

No need for that, that's what the courts are for. You should try reading the Constitution for a change.

I have. Bill of attainder is not relevant to this bill. The restriction is not directed at a person, but an office. Therefore that does not apply.

Wrong answer, it singles out a particular class of people (federal politicians and their families) for unequal treatment under the law. That's a clear violation of the Constitution.

Having an occupation does not make one a class of people. There are already laws regarding how politicians and government workers are allowed to participate in government programs. This is no different. This is applying conditions to employment and no one is obligated to accept their employment given those conditions.

Who is going to do that?

Doubt all you want, you can bet someone will. I hope Don Jr. is the first. That would put you commiecrats in a tailspin.

Thats a good point. I might see a family member being able to sufficiently say the bill should not apply to them. After all, it’s not their fault that their family is an elected official. I agree with that specific point.

Not even close, baby biden has never been involved in building much of anything, Don Jr. has been involved in building a hotel empire and employing 10s of thousands for decades. The Trump properties are taking the same hits as Marriott or any other hotel chain. Exclusion just because of their name is illegal.

But Trump is loaded, has he not told us 100s of times... Why are the righties so concerned on giving a billionaire money. Trump is all the time telling us how rich he is., why would he need taxpayer money.

You can read the Constitution and maybe you understand, pay particular attention to the 14th Amendment.

Who the hell am I kidding, you wouldn't under the equal protection clause if a constitutional scholar took a month explaining it to ya.

will all you nincompoops stop arguing? we need to be united. i wont let y'all ruin my moonlight!

Who is going to do that?

You can read the Constitution and maybe you understand, pay particular attention to the 14th Amendment.

Who the hell am I kidding, you wouldn't under the equal protection clause if a constitutional scholar took a month explaining it to ya.

So Trump & Co give millions to Hotel owners in Florida... I see your equal protection...

Is it equal when foreign countries book out his Washington Hotel and don't even stay there...

But are you as diligent when the Congress has oversight over the executive branch. Please also show where Executive Privilege is in the constitution.

How much do you want to bet this does not apply to any other politicians business interest ?

How much do you want to bet this does not apply to any other politicians business interest ?

How fucking stupid are you...

READ THE FUCKING BILL....
All you did is show how ignorant of the facts. Now you probably proud of your ignorance and go on line and show this everyday. But remember there are enemies of US who rely on you being stupid.

The next war will not be fought with "Military Grade" equipment but will rely on you being too stupid to check facts and turn on your fellow citizen. Well Done! You just proved you are a valuable asset for the enemy.

Who is going to do that?

So Trump & Co give millions to Hotel owners in Florida... I see your equal protection...

Is it equal when foreign countries book out his Washington Hotel and don't even stay there...

But are you as diligent when the Congress has oversight over the executive branch. Please also show where Executive Privilege is in the constitution.

Thanks for proving how uninformed you are. When foreign countries stay at a Trump property, that property cuts a check to the treasury for any profits derived from that booking.

Also show me where in the Constitution congress is given oversight over anyone, with the one exception of impeachment.

I agree. Trump's hotels should not get one penny.

Can the same be said for businesses owned by members of Congress?

How would ANY of us know? Who is looking into this shit to make sure?

I agree. Trump's hotels should not get one penny.

Can the same be said for businesses owned by members of Congress?

How would ANY of us know? Who is looking into this shit to make sure?

There is over sight written into the bill.

Unfortunately trump wrote a signing statement saying he was going to ignore it because over sight is unconstitutional. Really that's his excuse.

How fucking stupid are you...

READ THE FUCKING BILL....
All you did is show how ignorant of the facts. Now you probably proud of your ignorance and go on line and show this everyday. But remember there are enemies of US who rely on you being stupid.

The next war will not be fought with "Military Grade" equipment but will rely on you being too stupid to check facts and turn on your fellow citizen. Well Done! You just proved you are a valuable asset for the enemy.
All I see is big eye searing letters...

Forum List

Back