Trump presents the Medal of Freedom to Mariano Rivera

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
IMPORTANT: You have to fast forward the video to around the 25 minute mark before it really starts.

ME: While Democrats are busy making complete assholes of themselves, Trump just keeps on doing cool stuff. New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera on Tuesday became the first player unanimously elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera is universally regarded as the greatest closer of all time. He retired as MLB's all-time saves leader (652) and made 13 All-Star appearances in 19 seasons. The right-hander finished with a 2.21 ERA and 2.76 FIP and owns by far the best adjusted ERA ever (205), per Baseball Reference.

Trump presents the Medal of Freedom to Mariano Rivera
President Trump presents the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Yankee Hall of Famer Mariano Rivera.

Why is a great athlete any more deserving of the Metal of Freedom than thousands of other lesser know Americans that help make America great?

Rivera is one of the most charitable sports superstars ever to go along with being the greatest closer of all time. If you took all the bats he broke and piled them up in Yankee Stadium, it would be taller than the roof.

That was an impressive ceremony and Rivera is an impressive guy without even considering baseball. Well deserved.

Why is a great athlete any more deserving of the Metal of Freedom than thousands of other lesser know Americans that help make America great?

I don't think anybody said that they are.
The fact that great athletes get awarded the metal for being great athletes implies that they are more deserving than others that do great things and don't get the award. why is a great baseball player more deserving than a great janitor when it comes to being awarded the Metal of Freedom?

• Banned
Rivera is one of the most charitable sports superstars ever to go along with being the greatest closer of all time. If you took all the bats he broke and piled them up in Yankee Stadium, it would be taller than the roof.

Cool.

That was an impressive ceremony and Rivera is an impressive guy without even considering baseball. Well deserved.

Yes

A lot of leftists are beisbol fans, Trump is a Yankees fan, and he just made a lot of Yankee fans smile. Hey, maybe he can even carry New York in 2020...why not? :dunno:

p.s. The Yankees first invoked my smouldering hatred for them in 1961 so don't misunderstand my intention....good strategery on his part.

A lot of leftists are beisbol fans, Trump is a Yankees fan, and he just made a lot of Yankee fans smile. Hey, maybe he can even carry New York in 2020...why not? :dunno:

p.s. The Yankees first invoked my smouldering hatred for them in 1961 so don't misunderstand my intention....good strategery on his part.
It may very well be a good political strategy on Trump's part. But what exactly makes a person deserving of the metal of freedom? Being a great baseball player?

Yep, he had ONE wipeout pitch....that cutter....they all knew it was coming and still couldn't hit it.

Because a better known person has more influence with people and what is the sense of such an award if not to be an inspiration?

Because a better known person has more influence with people and what is the sense of such an award if not to be an inspiration?
An inspiration to do what, play baseball?

Forum List

Back