Trump offers Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

Gen. Flynn has a consulting firm called Flynn Intel Group that provides intelligence service to foreign countries. This will be a conflict of interest with his new job. Let's see what happen,
This guy is a reject in Obama administration and the 2 never met.

Gen. Flynn has a consulting firm called Flynn Intel Group that provides intelligence service to foreign countries. This will be a conflict of interest with his new job. Let's see what happen,

He was ousted for challenging Obama about his purposeful failing strategy. He wasn't "smart" enough to know he shouldn't do that.

Rejected for telling the truth about the secret war to oust Assad, a definite no no in the Obama administration.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Flynn is a pretty dull bulb. It amazes me how he's gotten this far. This is not to dismiss his valid criticisms of Obama though.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to become a General? Generals are the best guys out of about a half million candidates. You are woefully ignorant.

I agree and from what I've read Flynn is well respected and pretty damned good at his job.

He's a good choice by Trump.

He's a "reject" because Obama was too busy coddling Terrorists instead of fighting them and Flynn called him on it. Its nice to see Flynn back in an AMERICAN administration and not that Muslim America hating assholes Administration.

Flynn is a pretty dull bulb. It amazes me how he's gotten this far. This is not to dismiss his valid criticisms of Obama though.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to become a General? Generals are the best guys out of about a half million candidates. You are woefully ignorant.

I agree and from what I've read Flynn is well respected and pretty damned good at his job.

He's a good choice by Trump.

I'll say that my original statement was a bit overstated. GF may be capable enough. But people need to wake up and realize that advancement in all walks of life is not about mere merit. I'm so tired of these idiots Godboy thinking it is.

If you want to hear someone tell you how dumb a general is, just ask an E3 cook's assistant. They all know better, at least according to them.

Rejected for telling the truth about the secret war to oust Assad, a definite no no in the Obama administration.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

It's not a secret that we ant to replace Assad. Actually the whole story was Gen. Flynn is a real tough guy and he wants to go to war ousting Assad. Just imagine if Obama let this tough guy and Hagel follow their advice. Will be at full war right now.
The is the kind of general that will put us to war.

He's a "reject" because Obama was too busy coddling Terrorists instead of fighting them and Flynn called him on it. Its nice to see Flynn back in an AMERICAN administration and not that Muslim America hating assholes Administration.

That's funny. You comrades here would not like that.

Trump offers Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

8:00 p.m.

President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be his national security adviser built a reputation in the Army as an astute intelligence professional and a straight talker.

What set retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn apart after he shed his uniform in 2014 was the blistering public criticism he quickly leveled at the White House and Pentagon.

He took issue with a wide range of national security policies, including the administration's approach to fighting the Islamic State and, more generally, its handling of global affairs.

In recent public comments, including his fiery address at the Republican National Convention, Flynn has emphasized his view that the threat posed by the Islamic State group requires a more aggressive U.S. military, as well as his belief that Washington should work more closely with Moscow.

___

7:20 p.m.

Donald Trump has offered retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn the job of national security adviser.

That's according to a senior Trump official.

The official wouldn't say whether Flynn has officially accepted the job. Flynn has been a close adviser to Trump throughout the presidential campaign and has worked with him on national security issues during the transition.

The national security adviser does not require Senate confirmation. The job is based in the White House and its occupant has frequent access to the president.

The official was not authorized to discuss the offer publicly so insisted on anonymity.

— By Julie Pace

___

7:10 p.m.

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he is convinced that U.S. President-elect Donald Trump is a leader in whom he can have great confidence.

Abe described his meeting with Trump on Thursday afternoon as "really cordial" and said he was convinced that he was able to establish a relationship of trust.

Abe said during the meeting that he conveyed his views on basic issues, but declined to provide further details.

"I do believe that without confidence between the two nations (the) alliance would never function in the future and as the outcome of today's discussion I am convinced Mr. Trump is a leader in whom I can have great confidence," Abe said following the meeting.

___

The Latest: Flynn was sharp critic of Obama administration
Good. He also rightly identified Islam as a dangerous religion.

This is very very interesting. Your president is actually softening on Syria. Let see who is the tough guy.

It's not a secret that we ant to replace Assad.
Yeah, in no small part to Flynn and the DIA report that Judicial Watch was able to get via FOIA. Otherwise you would still be denying it.
Actually the whole story was Gen. Flynn is a real tough guy and he wants to go to war ousting Assad. Just imagine if Obama let this tough guy and Hagel follow their advice. Will be at full war right now.
The is the kind of general that will put us to war.
This very well may be true, time will tell. But as far as I can tell from his statements, Flynn is more interested in eliminating terrorism and ending Obama's drone program than continuing Obama's failed policy in Syria.

Last edited:
Maybe Flynn will finally make that reset button with Russia work. You know, the one that Hillary advertised.

I have a good idea given that I've personally known generals and colonels in the army. And I think that you forget that there are dimwits in all sorts of high positions; so, spare me your indignant sh**.

LOLOLOL!

I bet you "work for the CIA" too!

Forum List

Back