Trump may have pocketed a self-pardon!

2 problemos:

1)
the same DOJ policy from 1974 that states a sitting prez cannot be indicted also states that a prez cannot be his own jury.

if he tried to pardon himself, it would be revealed once charges are levied & it would be struck down by the SC.

2)
any body that accepts a pardon is not only admitting guilt - but they are no longer protected by the 5th amendment; which means donny opens up a big can of worms for himself. anybody that he already pardoned is subject to testify against him as it is.

1) ? Pardon is not a judicial act. It's an act of forgiveness.

When you accept the pardon you legally accept that you are guilty of the charges you are pardoned for.

2) What can of worms is worse than getting criminally convicted and doing time?

Trump secretly pardoning himself is downside free for him, if he needs it he can play that card. If he doesn't, no one knows about it.

if one is pardoned - then they are 'immune' & therefore protection against 'self incrimination' does not apply. if they have knowledge &/or actually participated in a crime - then they will be compelled to testify against any participant in said crime; like his spawn. or mike flynn. roger stone. steve bannon. or visey versey. if they refuse, then charges CAN be brought against them (contempt & whatever else applies) AND should they lie ... then they CAN be brought up on charges of perjury.

& like i said - DOJ policy going back decades states a prez cannot be their own jury.

here is the snippet:

Presidential or Legislative Pardon of the President

& a fuller view:

https://www.justice.gov/file/20856/download

You mean Trump can get all the people he ALREADY PARDONED in trouble? Really?

absolutely - if he is subpoenaed & questioned to what he knows about certain crimes that are not covered under any pardon he doled out.

& the pardoned aren't spared from testifying against him in that respect either.

2 problemos:

1)
the same DOJ policy from 1974 that states a sitting prez cannot be indicted also states that a prez cannot be his own jury.

if he tried to pardon himself, it would be revealed once charges are levied & it would be struck down by the SC.

2)
any body that accepts a pardon is not only admitting guilt - but they are no longer protected by the 5th amendment; which means donny opens up a big can of worms for himself. anybody that he already pardoned is subject to testify against him as it is.

When you accept the pardon you legally accept that you are guilty of the charges you are pardoned for.

Trump secretly pardoning himself is downside free for him, if he needs it he can play that card. If he doesn't, no one knows about it.

if one is pardoned - then they are 'immune' & therefore protection against 'self incrimination' does not apply. if they have knowledge &/or actually participated in a crime - then they will be compelled to testify against any participant in said crime; like his spawn. or mike flynn. roger stone. steve bannon. or visey versey. if they refuse, then charges CAN be brought against them (contempt & whatever else applies) AND should they lie ... then they CAN be brought up on charges of perjury.

& like i said - DOJ policy going back decades states a prez cannot be their own jury.

here is the snippet:

& a fuller view:

absolutely - if he is subpoenaed & questioned to what he knows about certain crimes that are not covered under any pardon he doled out.

& the pardoned aren't spared from testifying against him in that respect either.

So what? They are all pardoned and face no legal consequence. I'm not hearing you address that.

Flynn was pardoned and so the criminal case against him was closed.

Last edited:
you referring to spoon in the ass Michael Cohen?
Or Bend over and squeal like a pig Michael Cohen.

Curious....did you believe the girl that said "every time I went to the parties of that frat, they would drug the girls and train rape them?

Did anyone ask her why she kept going back to their parties if she knew what they were doing?

I believe that Michael Cohen is a lawyer and what he is saying about a pardon not necessarily needing to be disclosed prior to leaving office makes sense.

Trump could have pardoned him-self and it makes perfect sense for him to not make it public untill necessary.
Why is it when Michael Cohen was Trumps attorney he was corrupt in the eyes of the media and the trump haters....but when he was indicted, and turned on Trump he became an honest, articulate knowledgeable individual who should be believed?

Do any of you not see that?

Really?

Like Romney...
Dog torturer, Gay hater, Binders of women! Now that he is a Trump hater....whatever he says is TRUE....True I tell you! True!

2 problemos:

1)

2)

here is the snippet:

& a fuller view:

So what? They are all pardoned and face no legal consequence. I'm not hearing you address that.

not for anything they have been pardoned for. i said that. i'm not talking about what he was pardoned for - but if donny CAN'T pardon HIMSELF, then that could come back & bite him in the ass.

s Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe explained to Time in 2017, "anyone pardoned by Trump would lose most of the 5th Amendment's protection against compelled testimony that might otherwise have incriminated the pardoned family member or associate, making it much easier for [the Justice Department] and Congress to require such individuals to give testimony that could prove highly incriminating to Trump himself."
Why Trump's Flynn pardon could backfire

Interesting thought from Michael Cohen - there doesn't seem to be anything in the law saying that Trump can't SECRETELY issue a pardon for himself, family and associates while in office.

Keeping it secret would spare Trump the political blow-back for such flagrant abuse of power and pocket him a get-out-of-federal-jail-free cards. It is such a downside free play for a man that has no qualms about skirting the law that it needs to be considered as highly likely that he did do just that.

"I think Donald Trump actually has given himself the pardon. I think he also has pocket pardons for his children and for Rudy and it's already stashed somewhere that, if and when they do get indicted and that there's a criminal conviction, federal criminal conviction brought against him, that he already has the pardons in hand."

In 2018, Trump claimed that he had the "absolute right" to issue a self-pardon.

Those cards can't be played now that he's out of office.

Interesting thought from Michael Cohen - there doesn't seem to be anything in the law saying that Trump can't SECRETELY issue a pardon for himself, family and associates while in office.

Keeping it secret would spare Trump the political blow-back for such flagrant abuse of power and pocket him a get-out-of-federal-jail-free cards. It is such a downside free play for a man that has no qualms about skirting the law that it needs to be considered as highly likely that he did do just that.

"I think Donald Trump actually has given himself the pardon. I think he also has pocket pardons for his children and for Rudy and it's already stashed somewhere that, if and when they do get indicted and that there's a criminal conviction, federal criminal conviction brought against him, that he already has the pardons in hand."

Why not? If the pardon was signed by him while he was in office why would it not be valid?

2 problemos:

1)

2)

here is the snippet:

& a fuller view:

not for anything they have been pardoned for. i said that. i'm not talking about what he was pardoned for - but if donny CAN'T pardon HIMSELF, then that could come back & bite him in the ass.

s Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe explained to Time in 2017, "anyone pardoned by Trump would lose most of the 5th Amendment's protection against compelled testimony that might otherwise have incriminated the pardoned family member or associate, making it much easier for [the Justice Department] and Congress to require such individuals to give testimony that could prove highly incriminating to Trump himself."

How would you know what he wasn't pardoned for? Trump could have a pocket pardon for anything that may have happened.

2 problemos:

1)

2)

here is the snippet:

& a fuller view:

Except there is no indication he pardoned himself.

Its like saying if this then that.

If.

If.

Marc Rich....enough said.

Why not? If the pardon was signed by him while he was in office why would it not be valid?
How would he prove that?

How would he prove that?
Title of Article....Michael Cohen THINKS...

Enough siad.

Forum List

Back