Trump just said...

The EPA needs to be NEUTERED. Obama has allowed them to UNCONSTITUTIONALLY make law for far too long.

...because the next state is West Virginia, that he's going to get the coal miners back to work.

The coal industry has had to scale back because of cheap natural gas.

What's Trump's plan?
It had to "scale back" mostly because the EPA is regulating it out of business.

Not true. Coal can't compete with cheap natural gas.

That might explain no new coal plants being built, but it doesn't explain why perfectly serviceable existing plants are being shut down.

personally, i don't want to have to wear a mask outside like they do in beijing. i doubt you find a lot of people signing up for that privilege.

With the scrubbers they have for coal now there is no serious pollution atall.

The Obama Regime redefined CO2 as a pollutant and you cant burn fossil fuels without creating CO2.

Get it?
sure, and when, as you say, trump just gets rid of all those regulations coal plants will be sure to use those scrubbers, right?
Scrubbers were required before Obama became president. They've been required since the 1970s.

...because the next state is West Virginia, that he's going to get the coal miners back to work.

What's Trump's plan?

That might explain no new coal plants being built, but it doesn't explain why perfectly serviceable existing plants are being shut down.
sure it does. they can't compete.

Obama wanted high gas prices and high electric bills,he actually said this.
What the fuck is wrong with you moronic liberals?
Why not look further in into ways to clean up these energy sources until a viable alternative can be invented?

Obama wanted high gas prices

apparently he couldn't even get that done

--LOL

What's Trump's plan?

sure it does. they can't compete.

They can't compete because of costs imposed by the EPA. How can spending $1 billion on a plant before you spend a dime on natural gas be cheaper than spending nothing on an existing plant and paying for the coal? The answer is it can't unless EPA regulations force utilities to spend hundreds of millions in upgrades to the later.

Why not look further in into ways to clean up these energy sources until a viable alternative can be invented?

The fact that anyone voted for him after he said this is even more appalling. I fear for the future of this country when voters are so obviously stupid.

The fact that anyone voted for him after he said this is even more appalling. I fear for the future of this country when voters are so obviously stupid.
republicans have nominated donald trump. don't get too high up on your horse.

Trump hasn't said anything even remotely as insane as many of the things Obama promised.

Trump hasn't said anything even remotely as insane as many of the things Obama promised.
lol. why would you go and discredit yourself like that?

How did I "discredit" myself?

by posting nonsense.

by posting nonsense.

What "nonsense" is that?

No you are wrong.

Coal has been driven out of business by environmental wacko regulations.

President Shit for Brains said he was going to shut the coal industry down and he screwed the workers in the industry.

Of course that is ironic because the coal miners unions supported Obama in 2008. Dumb bastards.

Crooked Hillary told a lie to the laid off coal miner. She lies about everything.

So Flash, do you have something, anything to back your over-used but unsubstacuiated theory?
Now I don't want some talking points that you read at one of your favorite hyper-partisan resources.
Here read this and come on back with an intelligent retort.
Thanks.
Report: Market forces, not EPA, to blame for coal decline

No you are wrong.

Coal has been driven out of business by environmental wacko regulations.

President Shit for Brains said he was going to shut the coal industry down and he screwed the workers in the industry.

Of course that is ironic because the coal miners unions supported Obama in 2008. Dumb bastards.

Crooked Hillary told a lie to the laid off coal miner. She lies about everything.

So Flash, do you have something, anything to back your over-used but unsubstacuiated theory?
Now I don't want some talking points that you read at one of your favorite hyper-partisan resources.
Here read this and come on back with an intelligent retort.
Thanks.
Report: Market forces, not EPA, to blame for coal decline

"In contrast, a new study released Oct. 6 by the Center for American Progress"

CAP is a Soros funded propaganda organ.

Enough said. Your claim is shit.

What's Trump's plan?

Have you ever considered coal as an export product?

Coal could be a better export product if the coal and rail companies would get together and devise a car that doesn't spew coal dust on the tracks. THAT is the issue here in The PNW. We don't want communities covered in coal dust just so China can get our coal. OOPS! did I say OUR coal? I meant to say coal from other states than Washington.

If the coal companies want to ship coal across the country they need to secure their product INSIDE the cars and not disrespect the environments we live and breath in. I personally don't car if coal miners have jobs or not. If their companies can haul coal safely without leaving coal dust all over the place then let them sell their coal overseas. If they cannot haul it safely then they cannot haul it through Washington state.

I dont have a problem with that.
It's no different than tarping gravel trucks when they drive down our highways.
If it hurts the public in obvious ways fix it.
But then who owns all the train hauling companies? Thats who you should be be bitching about.

It's not OUR problem to make the coal companies or the rail companies to do the obvious. The protests that have gone against the coal being transported to our region and closed to our ports to the ships for coal loading to be shipped to China have been specifically aimed at the pollution. Actually we do allow a portion of the coal to be transported through our region but it is limited. The rail companies could transport a lot more if they made their methods more environmentally friendly.

There is another factor that our communities are not happy about and that is the length of these coal trains. They close too many roads for too long and that is a concern for our residents. The train companies could break up the inconvenience by running shorter trains and using more locomotives but they don't seem to care if they tie up the RR crossings. The citizens have a right to what is theirs without being taken over by the greed and lack of consideration exercised by these mamouth companies. They would get better press and co-operation if they showed more respect to the citizen's who's land they currently show little concern for.

What's Trump's plan?

Have you ever considered coal as an export product?

Coal could be a better export product if the coal and rail companies would get together and devise a car that doesn't spew coal dust on the tracks. THAT is the issue here in The PNW. We don't want communities covered in coal dust just so China can get our coal. OOPS! did I say OUR coal? I meant to say coal from other states than Washington.

If the coal companies want to ship coal across the country they need to secure their product INSIDE the cars and not disrespect the environments we live and breath in. I personally don't car if coal miners have jobs or not. If their companies can haul coal safely without leaving coal dust all over the place then let them sell their coal overseas. If they cannot haul it safely then they cannot haul it through Washington state.

I dont have a problem with that.
It's no different than tarping gravel trucks when they drive down our highways.
If it hurts the public in obvious ways fix it.
But then who owns all the train hauling companies? Thats who you should be be bitching about.

It's not OUR problem to make the coal companies or the rail companies to do the obvious. The protests that have gone against the coal being transported to our region and closed to our ports to the ships for coal loading to be shipped to China have been specifically aimed at the pollution. Actually we do allow a portion of the coal to be transported through our region but it is limited. The rail companies could transport a lot more if they made their methods more environmentally friendly.

There is another factor that our communities are not happy about and that is the length of these coal trains. They close too many roads for too long and that is a concern for our residents. The train companies could break up the inconvenience by running shorter trains and using more locomotives but they don't seem to care if they tie up the RR crossings. The citizens have a right to what is theirs without being taken over by the greed and lack of consideration exercised by these mamouth companies. They would get better press and co-operation if they showed more respect to the citizen's who's land they currently show little concern for.

Didnt read the wall of text.
It's a simple matter to tarp a load...just do it.

What's Trump's plan?

What's his plan for anything? All he has done was say he will make good deals. Trump had better be ready to explain lots of things. So far all he does is make promises and say "believe me". Will be interesting to see how it go's for him in the next few months.

Forum List

Back