Trump is wrong on His Kentucky Derby tweet

Rules are rules even on a muddy field
Trump plays golf, he should know better
Trump cheats at golf. So no, he doesn't know better
He owns the golf course, it’s his rules

Well that's pretty typical. He owns the golf course and thinks that means he owns the game. As in everything else.

Anybody ever figure out what in the friggety fuck this thread is about?

Without any quote I'm gonna take a guess.... Rump claimed that three million illegal horses ran in the Kentucky Derby, amirite?

Were they all dancing on rooftops? When it wasn't raining? In a very wonderful place in Germany?
House rules

The Jockey Club, a Thoroughbred industry organization, reported 493 horses in the USA died from racing-related injuries in 2018. Battuello said the total number of racehorse deaths, across all breeds, each year is about 2,000.

Battle of Midway’s fate helps illustrate the discrepancy.

The horse will not be included in the Jockey Club’s 2019 death count because he died after getting injured in training.

The Jockey Club tracks fatal injuries of Thoroughbreds that occur during an official race, as reported by veterinary officials, and includes horses that succumbed to a race-related injury within 72 hours after race day, according to the organization’s website.

This horse was one of 23 who died at Santa Anita and left many unanswered questions
-------------------------------------------------
the horse almost caused an accident in the race, but I do not blame the horse or the jockey. But rules are rules.
The race should have been postponed.

Postponed for what reason?

The Jockey Club, a Thoroughbred industry organization, reported 493 horses in the USA died from racing-related injuries in 2018. Battuello said the total number of racehorse deaths, across all breeds, each year is about 2,000.

The horse will not be included in the Jockey Club’s 2019 death count because he died after getting injured in training.

The Jockey Club tracks fatal injuries of Thoroughbreds that occur during an official race, as reported by veterinary officials, and includes horses that succumbed to a race-related injury within 72 hours after race day, according to the organization’s website.

This horse was one of 23 who died at Santa Anita and left many unanswered questions
the horse almost caused an accident in the race, but I do not blame the horse or the jockey. But rules are rules.

Sloppy field which could cause injuries

That track was in much better condition than past Derbys. You are spouting ignorance. Some horses run better in those conditions.

Stupid ruling...the woman who led the 3 person committee is probably a commiecrat...you could see her waving her arms, pointing at stills and arguing against the winner. Racing, any kind of racing, involves swapping paint on occasion....so they banged into each other on a turn....give me a break. I hope the guy wins his appeal of a crazy judgement....he's already decided not to run in the Preakness....hope the bitch is happy with that.

That track was in much better condition than past Derbys. You are spouting ignorance. Some horses run better in those conditions.
Maybe so, but it looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Stupid ruling...the woman who led the 3 person committee is probably a commiecrat...you could see her waving her arms, pointing at stills and arguing against the winner. Racing, any kind of racing, involves swapping paint on occasion....so they banged into each other on a turn....give me a break. I hope the guy wins his appeal of a crazy judgement....he's already decided not to run in the Preakness....hope the bitch is happy with that.
It really wasn’t that close

Major infraction

Oh, hogwash. As many horse-racing vets have noted, nobody cries "interference" in such a rough and tumble race, especially in such muddy conditions with 20 horses on the track. Give me a break. Maximum Security led that race from the start. It's not like the jockey has a rearview mirror to see who's behind him.

Much like the Dems have no argument about the last election those who disagree with the ruling have no basis for argument. The horse broke the rule therefore lost the race in every way shape or form. Such an easy call.

It really wasn’t that close

Major infraction

Buy some bifocals.....everybody said the real winner slipped in the mud and went a little sideways in the turn to home...the jockey straightened him out and no other horse was "impeded" that had a chance of catching him....I watched all the replays...no harm, no foul.

While it was a minor incident the rule was interpreted correctly.

You don't take a win in the Kentucky Fucking Derby away from a horse for a ticky-tack bump in a corner....this will not stand.

So you condone cheating. Figures.
How can you cheat when you own the rules ?
Golf has rules. They are universal. Are you saying Trump has to cheat by creating his own rules?
Lol house rules, you need some diversity in your democrat life go meet new people
House rules?!?! No such thing in golf. You either follow the rules as set out by the USGA or you're a cheater.
What if you're playing golf in another country?
We're not, but since you asked, the local rules would apply. But, I challenge you to find a situation where the the owner of a golf course gets to change the rules.

The decision will stand. The call had been made. Who really cares in the end? It's a lousy unimportant horse race.

The decision will stand. The call had been made. Who really cares in the end? It's a lousy unimportant horse race.

Nope, the Kentucky racing commission has the final say and you might also notice that the "committee" wouldn't take questions from the press or show the owner their evidence of a foul until Thursday....this stinks to high heaven and again, will not stand.

Maybe it won't but in the end is only a race. Do you really care either way? Heck I don't care what happens in our politics much less a race. Just fun to watch.

Forum List

Back