Trump is a toxic candidate

Harris is not up to the task, and it shows.
Hardly.

She is a shitty politician though...that much has been discovered. I'm not entirely sure I want a great politician although it would be nice to have someone with some political instincts--you likely wouldn't want a law professor to be a trial lawyer for example. I think she would make an effective President personally. But I would wince at any attempt to "fire up the troops" made by her. Maybe she'll find her footing....doubtful though. But the first thing you want is a mind at work. She has that. It is an added bonus that it would cause extreme misery to the blob supporters.

There was a lot more going on than what the media headlined. No matter what happens, President Trump left a legacy in the Supreme Court. You can't change that and it's devastating for Democrats.
Yeah. It's devastating for Democrats. Every pro-abortion bill on the ballot in the mid terms passed. Even in red states.

winning-2.jpg

Donald Trump never scored higher than 49 percent in the approval ratings. That's the lowest high in history, bleev me. Nobody ever scored a high that low before. Trump's ratings were a total disaster, that I can tell you.

And you know how much ratings mean to Trump. They mean everything to the game show host.

At the time of the 2020 election, Trump's approval was at 44 percent.

Somehow, the Trumptards were STUNNED Trump lost. There had to be cheatin'!!!

There was a lot more going on than what the media headlined. No matter what happens, President Trump left a legacy in the Supreme Court. You can't change that and it's devastating for Democrats.
I want you to pay attention to the abortion rate for the next several years.

You will find the repeal of Roe v. Wade has ZERO effect.

Since your propagandists will undoubtedly show you a very carefully framed chart of the abortion rate after the repeal of Roe, without showing you the historical abortion rate prior to the repeal, here it is:

abortion-rate.png

The current abortion rate is now LOWER than it was before the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. And it has nothing to do with Trump or the Supreme Court.

But I will bet anyone here that some propagandists in a few years make that claim, using a very carefully framed chart.

And the insta-bleevers will dutifully parrot the hoax.

Donald Trump never scored higher than 49 percent in the approval ratings. That's the lowest high in history, bleev me. Nobody ever scored a high that low before. Trump's ratings were a total disaster, that I can tell you.

And you know how much ratings mean to Trump. They mean everything to the game show host.

At the time of the 2020 election, Trump's approval was at 44 percent.

Somehow, the Trumptards were STUNNED Trump lost. There had to be cheatin'!!!
Same old bleating leftard talking points.

Bla bla bla.

Just more leftist spew. Doesn't mean a thing.

I agree with your analysis mostly. I'm not so sure that Harris doesn't win against DeSantis. DeSantis is going to turn a lot of people off during the debates and on the stump when the people not in Florida and non-politicos start paying attention. Harris is a shitty politician but she doesn't (so far) commit a lot of unforced errors.
Possibly.

DeSantis is a very good politician OR he is just really lucky and landed the at the right time and the right place. I hope for the latter because if it is the former then we will have, essentially, a Trump that knows how to actually wield power.

Trumps greatest saving grace is that he had no real idea how to accomplish 90 percent of what he actually wants to.

Yeah. It's devastating for Democrats. Every pro-abortion bill on the ballot in the mid terms passed. Even in red states.

winning-2.jpg
Still is devastating.

The political ramifications are somewhat contained to the near term whereas the SCOTUS is a very long term instrument. That is why the left is so up in arms with the conservative majority on the court, it threatens the underlying principals that the democrats are going to want to use to exercise power over the next few decades. It has them incensed enough that it is quite possible the institution itself will be destroyed. We may see a never ending recycle of the court every 8 years as the number of judges are adjusted in order to simply make it an extension of the legislative branch.

Possibly.

DeSantis is a very good politician OR he is just really lucky and landed the at the right time and the right place. I hope for the latter because if it is the former then we will have, essentially, a Trump that knows how to actually wield power.

Trumps greatest saving grace is that he had no real idea how to accomplish 90 percent of what he actually wants to.
I am not so sure that he is a very good politician. In Florida, he's essentially on a par with Willie Mays showing up at a SF Giants game. Nobody is going to show up at a Giants home game and say, "Willie, you sucked in the last third of your career" while he is sitting there signing autographs.

He is singing the right song for the GOP base currently. When he takes it on the road in the purple states, they're going to want to know about the shipping of immigrants to other states for a publicity stunt, homophobic policies, and this bizarre fixation he has on essentially being a prick 24/7.

Nothing succeeds like success.... If the blob loses an early primary or two, I think the GOP rank and file will see the writing on the wall. I tend to think that if he wins the first two primaries, he's going to get Bernied by the GOP establishment.

What will be interesting to see is whether or not the Blob or Bust faction actually stays home in November 2024 if Trump is not on the ticket. We know enough about these folks to know that they have zero character or scruples and--as the OP demonstrated--they will happily toss someone whom they once worshiped overboard for political expediency. They are not hamstrung by what they said yesterday.
" he's going to get Bernied by the GOP establishment."

So you're OK with what the Biden freaks did to Bernie???

Greg

" he's going to get Bernied by the GOP establishment."

So you're OK with what the Biden freaks did to Bernie???

Greg
Sure.

Firstly, there were no Biden "freaks".... Mayor Pete and Amy Klobuchar (sp?) dropped out of the race. Clearly this was orchestrated by Party elders to consolidate the anti-Bernie wing of the party and it was a stroke of brilliance since, ya know....Bernie didn't win and would not have won against the blob . Secondly, Bernie isn't a democrat. Lastly, nobody forced the Democratic party primary voters to vote for Joe. They did on their own. Its was the first of two Machiavellian moves by the Democrats to play political hardball as a cohesive unit. A sign of life from the Democratic party is pretty refreshing. They performed well above expectations in the 2022 midterms as well.

Leftists: TRUMP IS TERRIBLE HE HAS TO GO

1669714987402.png

Conservatives: We agree. It's time.

Leftists: Wait....

1669715018479.png

You might not like the 74 million Little Trumpsters, but there is no path to victory in November 2024 if the GOP nominates Liz, Hogan, Kasich or one of the Bushes instead of Donald J. Trump.

If the Republicans nominate someone who supports Sleepy Joe, why would anyone vote for them in the General Election? If they like Biden, they'll vote for him- not Michael Steele or Romney.

Exactly. The GOP didn't lose because of Trump, but because of the abortion thing; that is what turned the 'Red Wave' into an annoying pink rash, not Trump. The commies and faggots and baby killers will hate on the next candidate as much as they did on Trump, so nothing will change, except of course if the GOP keeps up its Trump sabotage they will just lose by a much bigger margin, is all. I don't care one bit if the GOP wants to commit suicide as a Party, they're as much of a blight as the Democrats are, so if they want to die first it's fine with me, they're mostly sell outs and labor racketeer fans anyway. Democrats will eat their own in their loony bin battles among the kiddie rapers, racists, and stupid Burb Brats, so they will soon follow. Americans are determined to commit cultural and political suicide so let it be so.

Sure.

Firstly, there were no Biden "freaks".... Mayor Pete and Amy Klobuchar (sp?) dropped out of the race. Clearly this was orchestrated by Party elders to consolidate the anti-Bernie wing of the party and it was a stroke of brilliance since, ya know....Bernie didn't win and would not have won against the blob . Secondly, Bernie isn't a democrat. Lastly, nobody forced the Democratic party primary voters to vote for Joe. They did on their own. Its was the first of two Machiavellian moves by the Democrats to play political hardball as a cohesive unit. A sign of life from the Democratic party is pretty refreshing. They performed well above expectations in the 2022 midterms as well.
I was referring to those who rigged the votes away from Bernie. Frankly as much as I consider Bernie a horse's ass I think he was clearly winning until certain votes were "unusual". Frankly he would have done better against Trump than loathesome Hillary. He may have even won!!

But hey; you're OK with cheating him so why would I even consider your opinion on anything you unethical sod!!

Greg

I was referring to those who rigged the votes away from Bernie.
Never happened.
Frankly as much as I consider Bernie a horse's ass I think he was clearly winning until certain votes were "unusual".
Never happened.
Frankly he would have done better against Trump than loathesome Hillary. He may have even won!!
Ridiculous assessment
But hey; you're OK with cheating him so why would I even consider your opinion on anything you unethical sod!!
It's not cheating so I'm not sure what you're talking about--which makes 2 of us.

I was referring to those who rigged the votes away from Bernie. Frankly as much as I consider Bernie a horse's ass I think he was clearly winning until certain votes were "unusual". Frankly he would have done better against Trump than loathesome Hillary. He may have even won!!

Greg
What do you think the primary process is? It is not for the people to pick the candidate, it is for the party to select the candidate that will represent them in the general.

How that is done certainly does involve some voting and the manner in which that is done varies but the party itself has always played a major role. And Trump exemplifies why.

This shit is HILARIOUS 😂
They don't realize I'm going to have DDS as soon as he is the guy running the party not Trump. Soon Disantis will be living in my head. I hope Trump has good dirt on him.

My worst fear is Trump supporters fall in love with him. Then he will have moderates and right wingers on board.

And he is already making the nuts happy. Shipping refuges off to Martha's Vinyard and his Don't Say Gay law? He's going to be a darling to the right. And he has the benefit of running an easy state. Florida. A place where every American has visited at least once in their life. Or several times. Florida relies heavily on tourism.

Interesting fact. Trump was HORRIBLE for tourism. People of color from around the world stopped vacationing in America when Trump was president. It's nice to know this guy will appreciate tourists, visitors and guests.

Trump gets my blood pressure up so much, I'd almost welcome a Disantis presidency. That would mean the witch is dead. So no more witch hunts. LOL.

Come on, man. You know better than that. Any Republican who gets nominated, or even worse elected, will be literally Crucified by the Democrats and the Media.

Have you forgotten how good old milquetoast Mitt Romney was attacked for how he transported his dog to Canada, the car escalator in his La Jolly CA home and his old lady's dancing horses?

Forum List

Back