Trump funnels record subsidies to farmers

I'm sure that the upcoming election has no bearing on this...right?

For the American farmers President Trump counts on for support, the government money is flowing faster than ever.
Federal payments to farmers are projected to hit a record $46 billion this year as the White House funnels money to Mr. Trump’s rural base in the South and Midwest ahead of Election Day.
The gush of funds has accelerated in recent weeks as the president looks to help his core supporters who have been hit hard by the double whammy of his combative trade practices and the coronavirus pandemic. According to the American Farm Bureau, debt in the farm sector is projected to increase by 4 percent to a record $434 billion this year and farm bankruptcies have continued to rise across the country.
Farmers are not the only constituency benefiting from the president’s largess: He has promised $200 prescription drug cards to millions of seniors, approved $13 billion in aid to Puerto Rico, which could help his prospects in Florida, and he directed his Agriculture Department include letters signed by him in millions of food aid boxes that are being distributed to the poor.

“There are both economic and political motivations for these payments,” said Patrick Westhoff, who directs University of Missouri’s agriculture research center.

Last week, the Office of Special Counsel determined that Mr. Trump’s Agriculture secretary, Sonny Perdue, had improperly used his position to push the president’s re-election by promising more help for farmers. At an August event in North Carolina, Mr. Perdue violated ethics laws when he promoted Mr. Trump’s re-election during remarks about the Farmers to Families Food Box Program, saying: “That’s what’s going to continue to happen — four more years — if America gets out and votes for this man, Donald J. Trump.”
My farmer friends I drink beer with love Our President.

All normal folk love this President.
There is no normal.

Hmm

I think that there is.

All human behavior exists on a continuum therefore the entirety of the continuum is "normal" human behavior. If all behaviors are "normal" there is for all intents and purposes no normal.

That's nice
That's truth

I'm sure that you believe that is some deep thinking right there.
And That's Okay.
no it's actually psych 101.

Any college freshman can understand it.

That's Nice.

I'm sure that the upcoming election has no bearing on this...right?

For the American farmers President Trump counts on for support, the government money is flowing faster than ever.
Federal payments to farmers are projected to hit a record $46 billion this year as the White House funnels money to Mr. Trump’s rural base in the South and Midwest ahead of Election Day.
The gush of funds has accelerated in recent weeks as the president looks to help his core supporters who have been hit hard by the double whammy of his combative trade practices and the coronavirus pandemic. According to the American Farm Bureau, debt in the farm sector is projected to increase by 4 percent to a record $434 billion this year and farm bankruptcies have continued to rise across the country.
Farmers are not the only constituency benefiting from the president’s largess: He has promised $200 prescription drug cards to millions of seniors, approved $13 billion in aid to Puerto Rico, which could help his prospects in Florida, and he directed his Agriculture Department include letters signed by him in millions of food aid boxes that are being distributed to the poor.

“There are both economic and political motivations for these payments,” said Patrick Westhoff, who directs University of Missouri’s agriculture research center.

Last week, the Office of Special Counsel determined that Mr. Trump’s Agriculture secretary, Sonny Perdue, had improperly used his position to push the president’s re-election by promising more help for farmers. At an August event in North Carolina, Mr. Perdue violated ethics laws when he promoted Mr. Trump’s re-election during remarks about the Farmers to Families Food Box Program, saying: “That’s what’s going to continue to happen — four more years — if America gets out and votes for this man, Donald J. Trump.”
My farmer friends I drink beer with love Our President.

All normal folk love this President.
There is no normal.

Hmm

I think that there is.

All human behavior exists on a continuum therefore the entirety of the continuum is "normal" human behavior. If all behaviors are "normal" there is for all intents and purposes no normal.

That's nice
That's truth

I'm sure that you believe that is some deep thinking right there.
And That's Okay.
no it's actually psych 101.

Any college freshman can understand it.

That's Nice.
yes it is and when you add in sociology and the fact that there are completely different moral and ethical stances in different cultures the whole idea of "normal" human behavior gets even muddier

Rather the money goes to hard working farmers who feed us rather than welfare rats

It's not just the Rats. It's the Democraps as well. But not to worry, you food price won't go up. Well, not much, anyway.

We can afford it... you'll need government assistance......think hard

Hey, I vote for gas prices to go to 8 bucks a gallon. Why should the EU have all the fun?

Gas taxes should be set at funding the roads. No other taxpayer money should be spent on roads and no gas taxes should be spent for any purpose other than roads. And close tool booths, a second infrastructure to tax the same people.

Then just set the tax at that point where drivers are funding the roads

And you just came up with the EU secret to success. Great roads and high Fuel Prices. BTW, I agree with you.

But think of this, most of the Food and other supplies are delivered by Trucks. One Heavy truck does more wear and tear on the bridges and roads than 2000 Honda Civics do. One of the ways to subsidize the damage the trucks do to the Roads and bridges is to charge them a fraction to register for the road and then make up the difference is to spread the remainder to all the thousands of cars. If you were to charge the Trucks like they should be, the cost of that loaf of bread would be 20 or 30 bucks. And TP would be so out of reach, we would be scowering the forests for Pine Cones..

Where do you get that Europe has better roads? I find them to be pretty comparable to ours
Everything is better in Europe....Right up to the point that you tell these sniveling moonbats to pack their shit up and move there...Then Murica suddenly isn't all that bad.

And when can I expect you to call that Uhaul and pack your stuff? Murica would like to know. Maybe after November 4th when you know your welcome has been withdrawn.

Interesting factoid for you. You can't drive to Europe from here. You can't rent a UHaul and move there. I like it from the guy who claimed to know European roads are better, as if you'd know

Uhaul delivers to the EU. And I have a ton of time in Europe including England. One thing the Europeans can be proud of us the roads. The same can't be said here. We have a main artery just outside my front door we are going to rename it from North Ave to Bonespur Avenue or North Jeep Trail.

Since when did farm subsidies become a bad thing?

Finally, someone asked the right question.

It's not a genuine question. Oddball is mocking you.

Well, it did open the door and that was all I needed.

But did you even get the point? Your complaints are totally valid. But they are essentially all the things that conservatives and libertarians warn about when these kinds of subsidies are proposed in the first place.

I might agree that the Libertarians have a point but the Conservatives are part of the problem as are the Liberals. Hell, even the Moderates. The problem is, no one of power has EVER seriously looked into the problem and made it public and expected to be reelected the next time around. Or to keep their appointed job for any time afterwards. Everyone talks about the Deep Cabal. Well, here was have a Brown Cabal that is out there for everyone to see. They don't even try and hide it.

This is another case of taking away programs that should go to the State and Locals and using a Federal System to administer it. I am not against the subsidies. I am against one single dime going to those that have exactly nothing to do with farming or producing food like speculators which is where the bulk of the subsidies go. Yes, do the subsidies but turn those funds over to the State or the Locals so that it can be more fairly doled out.
But, don't you see that's the problem? You're not against the subsidies, except when you are. Republicans are the same way. They just want to "subsidize different". The point is, government shouldn't be making this call. As long as they are, it will be a political football. And now we're doing the same stupid thing with healthcare. :mad:

. . . and oh my lord, have you seen what Harris and Biden are talking about having government do to get involved in paying costs and covering debt in higher education to get the young to vote for them?

I can't imagine what this is going to do to the cost of education. Yikes.

And what is wrong with Universities being offered to all students that qualify for free for the first 4 years? It's the norm for most of the rest of the world. Formal Education is damned important today. It shouldn't be but it is in the job market.

But did you even get the point? Your complaints are totally valid. But they are essentially all the things that conservatives and libertarians warn about when these kinds of subsidies are proposed in the first place.

I might agree that the Libertarians have a point but the Conservatives are part of the problem as are the Liberals. Hell, even the Moderates. The problem is, no one of power has EVER seriously looked into the problem and made it public and expected to be reelected the next time around. Or to keep their appointed job for any time afterwards. Everyone talks about the Deep Cabal. Well, here was have a Brown Cabal that is out there for everyone to see. They don't even try and hide it.

This is another case of taking away programs that should go to the State and Locals and using a Federal System to administer it. I am not against the subsidies. I am against one single dime going to those that have exactly nothing to do with farming or producing food like speculators which is where the bulk of the subsidies go. Yes, do the subsidies but turn those funds over to the State or the Locals so that it can be more fairly doled out.
But, don't you see that's the problem? You're not against the subsidies, except when you are. Republicans are the same way. They just want to "subsidize different". The point is, government shouldn't be making this call. As long as they are, it will be a political football. And now we're doing the same stupid thing with healthcare. :mad:

. . . and oh my lord, have you seen what Harris and Biden are talking about having government do to get involved in paying costs and covering debt in higher education to get the young to vote for them?

And what is wrong with Universities being offered to all students that qualify for free for the first 4 years? It's the norm for most of the rest of the world. Formal Education is damned important today. It shouldn't be but it is in the job market.

Because it's not free. It's overpriced. And the prices get higher everytime government tries to "help".

Because it's not free. It's overpriced. And the prices get higher everytime government tries to "help".
Rothbard.jpg

Hate to break it to you but Universities are controlled by the Federal Government. Colleges are not.

Hate to break it to you but Universities are controlled by the Federal Government. Colleges are not.
It seems like you think you're making a point. And?

Rather the money goes to hard working farmers who feed us rather than welfare rats

It's not just the Rats. It's the Democraps as well. But not to worry, you food price won't go up. Well, not much, anyway.

Hey, I vote for gas prices to go to 8 bucks a gallon. Why should the EU have all the fun?

Gas taxes should be set at funding the roads. No other taxpayer money should be spent on roads and no gas taxes should be spent for any purpose other than roads. And close tool booths, a second infrastructure to tax the same people.

And you just came up with the EU secret to success. Great roads and high Fuel Prices. BTW, I agree with you.

But think of this, most of the Food and other supplies are delivered by Trucks. One Heavy truck does more wear and tear on the bridges and roads than 2000 Honda Civics do. One of the ways to subsidize the damage the trucks do to the Roads and bridges is to charge them a fraction to register for the road and then make up the difference is to spread the remainder to all the thousands of cars. If you were to charge the Trucks like they should be, the cost of that loaf of bread would be 20 or 30 bucks. And TP would be so out of reach, we would be scowering the forests for Pine Cones..

Where do you get that Europe has better roads? I find them to be pretty comparable to ours
Everything is better in Europe....Right up to the point that you tell these sniveling moonbats to pack their shit up and move there...Then Murica suddenly isn't all that bad.

And when can I expect you to call that Uhaul and pack your stuff? Murica would like to know. Maybe after November 4th when you know your welcome has been withdrawn.

Interesting factoid for you. You can't drive to Europe from here. You can't rent a UHaul and move there. I like it from the guy who claimed to know European roads are better, as if you'd know

Uhaul delivers to the EU. And I have a ton of time in Europe including England. One thing the Europeans can be proud of us the roads. The same can't be said here. We have a main artery just outside my front door we are going to rename it from North Ave to Bonespur Avenue or North Jeep Trail.

John Lennon: An opinion is like an asshole. Everybody has one.

Can you at some point offer evidence?

Let's see. I will look out the side window. And low and behold...... And the enjoyable hours I spend traveling through German, France, Belgium, Luxemberg just name a few. And let's not forget that I will be doing early replacement on my struts. Unlike most cars, I have struts both front and rear.

North Avenue has only two modes, "Under Construction" and "Under Repair". For the amount of traffic, most cities would have at least a 6 lane instead of our 4 lane. It's also a truck route. You live here and you get to add to the discussion. Don't live here and you are just trolling along, Troll.

Let's see. I will look out the side window. And low and behold...... And the enjoyable hours I spend traveling through German, France, Belgium, Luxemberg just name a few. And let's not forget that I will be doing early replacement on my struts. Unlike most cars, I have struts both front and rear.

North Avenue has only two modes, "Under Construction" and "Under Repair". For the amount of traffic, most cities would have at least a 6 lane instead of our 4 lane. It's also a truck route. You live here and you get to add to the discussion. Don't live here and you are just trolling along, Troll.

Your evidence is looking out the window. Well, let's take that for what it's worth {flush}

Forum List

Back