Trump forgets lyrics to national anthem

230lbw.jpg

20vwdz.jpg

I think it was America the Beatiful where he stopped singing

So much for an event to show his patriotism

I think it was America the Beatiful where he stopped singing

So much for an event to show his patriotism
According to another chat here, it was "God Bless America". If he stopped singing no matter what song it was, maybe it was because he had other things on his mind. The man has had a lot on his plate this past year and a half.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

The President forgets the lyrics, SO WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A GOOD, OR EVEN GREAT PRESIDENT!
Did that have anything to do with the North Korean Summit?
Or lowering taxes?
Or the 50 other major, importing things that he has accomplished in only a year and a half?
I don't think so!
Oh but these idiots kneeling, or not going to the White House makes the news headlines!!
!

Interestingly, the board has banned the characters that make up this name so you will have to click on this link to see it was

... an immigrant Russian Jew who arrived in the US at the age of five. He and his parents were refugees fleeing pogroms. He was not torn from his parents arms. Nor were they turned away.

He changed his name to Irving Berlin and among the gazillions of songs he wrote was God Bless America.

(BTW, a pimp who made his money off the backs of prostitutes was also not turned away and later changed his name from Drumpf -- and-- LIED to get out of military service and then BEGGED not to be deported by Germany.)

My ambition is to reach the heart of the average American, not the highbrow nor the lowbrow but that vast intermediate crew which is the real soul of the country. The highbrow is likely to be superficial, overtrained, supersensitive. The lowbrow is warped, subnormal. My public is the real people.
-- Irving Berlin

The song's introduction at that time enshrines a strain of official patriotism intertwined with a religious faith that runs deep in the American psyche. Patriotic razzle-dazzle, sophisticated melancholy and humble sentiments: Berlin songs span the emotional terrain of America with a thoroughness that others may have equaled but none have surpassed.
-- New York Times

Here are the 66 words that our supreme leader couldn't be bothered learning for the phony ceremony he held to show what a good patriot he is.

God Bless America
Irving Berlin
God bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her
And guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains
To the prairies
To the oceans
White with foam
God bless America