Trump Fails To Stop Business From Moving To Mexico

NAFTA will be tweaked to make it fair for all....Trump told the Mexican President it benefited them more than us

The thread title is stupid, apologies extended I don't see a way to edit the title.

Well so much for the threats and bullying. What will Doniboi do now?

"President Donald Trump boosted the hopes of employees at Rexnord Corp.’s factory here in December when he castigated the company for “viciously firing” workers and planning to move their jobs to Mexico.

Two months later, Rexnord is still planning to close the industrial-bearings factory, which employs about 350 people, despite Mr. Trump’s shaming and his earlier intervention to stop a nearby Carrier Corp. furnace factory from closing.

Rexnord says moving the plant to Mexico is part of a plan to save $30 million annually. Workers say they have been packing up machines while their replacements, visiting from Mexico, learn how to do their jobs.

“That’s a real kick in the ass to be asked to train your replacement,” said machinist Tim Mathis, who has worked at Rexnord for 12 years. “To train the man that’s going to eat your bread.”
Companies Plow Ahead With Moves to Mexico, Despite Trump’s Pressure
Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Rexnord of Indiana is moving to Mexico and rather viciously firing all of its 300 workers. This is happening all over our country. No more!

7:06 PM - 2 Dec 2016

So you think Trump said he was going to prevent every job from moving out of the country? You're looking for a rational response to your bull shit?

The thread title is stupid, apologies extended I don't see a way to edit the title.

"President Donald Trump boosted the hopes of employees at Rexnord Corp.’s factory here in December when he castigated the company for “viciously firing” workers and planning to move their jobs to Mexico.

Two months later, Rexnord is still planning to close the industrial-bearings factory, which employs about 350 people, despite Mr. Trump’s shaming and his earlier intervention to stop a nearby Carrier Corp. furnace factory from closing.

Rexnord says moving the plant to Mexico is part of a plan to save $30 million annually. Workers say they have been packing up machines while their replacements, visiting from Mexico, learn how to do their jobs.

“That’s a real kick in the ass to be asked to train your replacement,” said machinist Tim Mathis, who has worked at Rexnord for 12 years. “To train the man that’s going to eat your bread.”
Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Rexnord of Indiana is moving to Mexico and rather viciously firing all of its 300 workers. This is happening all over our country. No more!

So you think Trump said he was going to prevent every job from moving out of the country? You're looking for a rational response to your bull shit?
source.gif

He tried that and failed when it became known just how much it cost taxpayers to make him look good. The 20% tariff won't work either because Mexico has trade agreements with dozens of countries that receive their goods tariff free from Mexico. That's the reason so many businesses want to move to Mexico in the first place, they become competitive and their business thrives in Mexico.
so just to clarify....you have no idea how large a share of the world consumer market the US has as it pertains to Mexican made goods.

OK. That would explain the idiocy of your post.

Then explain how the United States can't stop the bleeding.
I believe it can...and it will. Sure, one company who had already invested a fortune in the move opted to make the move. Many others who were thinking about but had not yet begun the transition likely wont.

For Gods sake, the man has been in office for what....3 weeks? He doesn't even have a cabinet yet.

And you are looking for his failure in policy?

I mean, really?

He was the one bragging that he would stop the bleeding, the one who said any company who did would regret it. Now that he has the power of the presidency it doesn't seem to be stopping anything. Yeah it may be premature to be judging him but this was the substance of his very first announcement of his candidacy back in 2015.
Again, just because one company opted to continue with the move does not mean he is not keeping to his word. And we still don't know whether or not that company will regret the move. Like I said, it has been only 3 weeks. He has not yet been able to choose a WH chef without a democratic boycott. Sign an executive order without riots in the streets by anarchists (and not a word from the democratic side of the aisle to stop the childish behavior).
I mean, do you really want him to sign an EO to levy a 20% surcharge right now? Do you really think it would be in the best interest of the country that he does so without at least a fair debate on the floors of both houses?

Come on man, stop with the childish whining. If he signed that EO you would be crying foul and say it deserves to be debated.

Seems to me you there is nothing this man can or can not do without it being wrong.

Curious....when people DID lose their plans they liked and they DID lose their doctors of choice and their premiums DID NOT go down by 2500 per family...

Did you call Obama a failure? A liar?

Come on...be honest....did you?

It's far more than just one company. Manitowoc Foodservice, CTS Corp, Ford, General Motors, among others. This isn't a single company problem and you have to know that. Signing and Executive Order for a 20% surcharge does nothing to stop this and puts the cost of building a wall on the backs of Americans. Again it's been three weeks, when will he bring back his own damn business to employ Americans?

He tried that and failed when it became known just how much it cost taxpayers to make him look good. The 20% tariff won't work either because Mexico has trade agreements with dozens of countries that receive their goods tariff free from Mexico. That's the reason so many businesses want to move to Mexico in the first place, they become competitive and their business thrives in Mexico.
so just to clarify....you have no idea how large a share of the world consumer market the US has as it pertains to Mexican made goods.

I believe it can...and it will. Sure, one company who had already invested a fortune in the move opted to make the move. Many others who were thinking about but had not yet begun the transition likely wont.

For Gods sake, the man has been in office for what....3 weeks? He doesn't even have a cabinet yet.

I mean, really?

Once they even the taxes out it wont save them much money moving to Mexico
The payoff to stockholders is the Holy Grail of Capitalism in this country until that changes and it won't you will see a continuing bleed off of companies moving to Mexico and elsewhere.
That statement of your is a direct contradiction of itself.
Public companies worry about revenue compared to cost. It is that simple. Shareholders want to see that ratio increase in the favor of revenue.
If there is a 20% tarriff, sales will plummet...thus revenue will plummet...yet costs will stay the same.....actually, likely increase with the typical increase in COGS annually.

It really is a no brainer when your country (The US) is the number one consumer of Mexican made goods.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

To hear Donald Trump talk about it that is exactly his intent. So sorry it isn't working for you.

I mean, really?

He was the one bragging that he would stop the bleeding, the one who said any company who did would regret it. Now that he has the power of the presidency it doesn't seem to be stopping anything. Yeah it may be premature to be judging him but this was the substance of his very first announcement of his candidacy back in 2015.
Again, just because one company opted to continue with the move does not mean he is not keeping to his word. And we still don't know whether or not that company will regret the move. Like I said, it has been only 3 weeks. He has not yet been able to choose a WH chef without a democratic boycott. Sign an executive order without riots in the streets by anarchists (and not a word from the democratic side of the aisle to stop the childish behavior).
I mean, do you really want him to sign an EO to levy a 20% surcharge right now? Do you really think it would be in the best interest of the country that he does so without at least a fair debate on the floors of both houses?

Come on man, stop with the childish whining. If he signed that EO you would be crying foul and say it deserves to be debated.

Seems to me you there is nothing this man can or can not do without it being wrong.

Curious....when people DID lose their plans they liked and they DID lose their doctors of choice and their premiums DID NOT go down by 2500 per family...

It's far more than just one company. Manitowoc Foodservice, CTS Corp, Ford, General Motors, among others. This isn't a single company problem and you have to know that. Signing and Executive Order for a 20% surcharge does nothing to stop this and puts the cost of building a wall on the backs of Americans. Again it's been three weeks, when will he bring back his own damn business to employ Americans?
I told you...
when he is able to undo regulations that have made it more cost effective for him to produce overseas.

What business owner wants to manufacture at the highest cost possible?

If he did, you would say he is a horrible businessman.

I'm sad to see yet another company shipping jobs out of America and towards Mexico, but Trump has got to stop delivering ultimatums and ranting on twitter. It's easier to conduct business with a cooler head than a flaring temper, he's got to know this
No, he doesn't. He is used to having his way since the time he was born with that gold spoon in his mouth, up until now that is.
ah yes...the childish jealousy shows it ugly, albeit predictable face.

I mean, really?

I told you...
when he is able to undo regulations that have made it more cost effective for him to produce overseas.

Nonsense all I hear is excuses for inaction. His business is the single best example of what he can do to generate jobs and he sits on his hands.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Um...they never planned not to move....so.....

I mean, really?

I told you...

Nonsense all I hear is excuses for inaction. His business is the single best example of what he can do to generate jobs and he sits on his hands.
In other words, you don't want an answer to your questions. You simply want to say "how come" and then say the answer to "how come" is not a valid answer.
That's fine. I gave you my reason as to why I see things as I do.
I have not seen you reply with anything concrete. Just "How come", and then "thats BS",,,,,but with nothing to show it is BS.
When actually, whereas my answer may be wrong as it pertains to Trump, his actions and his intentions, they most certainly are logical and a very good hypothesis.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

To hear Donald Trump talk about it that is exactly his intent. So sorry it isn't working for you.

Bullshit, no one thought he said that he said not a job would go to Mexico. Show any quote remotely like that. You're just the idiotic black and white Democrat party. I admire your drive to reach higher and higher levels of butt hurt though. Have you been able to sit down since the election? You just sound dumber and dumber and dumber.

Hey guys, a job went to Mexico, Trump promised that would never happen! Unreal. And I'm not a Trump supporter, Holmes. Just giving him a chance, I voted for Johnson. Giving him a chance though isn't expecting that not one job will go to Mexico. You're quite the moron

I told you...

In other words, you don't want an answer to your questions. You simply want to say "how come" and then say the answer to "how come" is not a valid answer.
That's fine. I gave you my reason as to why I see things as I do.
I have not seen you reply with anything concrete. Just "How come", and then "thats BS",,,,,but with nothing to show it is BS.
When actually, whereas my answer may be wrong as it pertains to Trump, his actions and his intentions, they most certainly are logical and a very good hypothesis.

We all know why companies run to Mexico. They are in Mexico because it provides legal cover to firing American employees, voiding pensions and health care and hiring Mexicans for $2 bucks an hour as replacements, the shipping their products back across the border where the product now become affordable and the company can post a profit. Donald Trump is not going to change that no matter what reforms he seeks. It's called Capitalism and that is unfortunately the way it works, greed has replaced patriotism but don't worry we'll get it back as soon as someone decides the easiest way to accomplish it is with another war this time with China or whoever we can destroy that will force jobs back even if just temporarily.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Bullshit, no one thought he said that he said not a job would go to Mexico. Show any quote remotely like that. You're just the idiotic black and white Democrat party. I admire your drive to reach higher and higher levels of butt hurt though. Have you been able to sit down since the election? You just sound dumber and dumber and dumber.

Hey guys, a job went to Mexico, Trump promised that would never happen! Unreal. And I'm not a Trump supporter, Holmes. Just giving him a chance, I voted for Johnson. Giving him a chance though isn't expecting that not one job will go to Mexico. You're quite the moron

You're out of your depth and over your head. Trump promises major changes and he is the one who has threatened any company moving to Mexico with a 20% tariff which Americans will pay for. Your mind isn't just twisted it is likely been sprained.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

You're out of your depth and over your head. Trump promises major changes and he is the one who has threatened any company moving to Mexico with a 20% tariff which Americans will pay for. Your mind isn't just twisted it is likely been sprained.

I'm over my head? You laid out the ridiculous standard that Trump promised not one job would leave the country. You're fucking retarded. Grow up, little boy

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I'm over my head? You laid out the ridiculous standard that Trump promised not one job would leave the country. You're fucking retarded. Grow up, little boy

Trump is the one who threatened retribution to anyone who leaves the U.S. and promised a tariff which the Congress quickly backpedaled over. I guess once these people decide what the hell they are going to do we can sit down and argue this, but right now that seems pretty much impossible because it may be something else tomorrow.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Hay amigo...you have to get over this crap.
Trump is your president, period! stop *whining.
Get over yourself amigo. :)

Trump is the one who threatened retribution to anyone who leaves the U.S. and promised a tariff which the Congress quickly backpedaled over. I guess once these people decide what the hell they are going to do we can sit down and argue this, but right now that seems pretty much impossible because it may be something else tomorrow.

Yes, he promised to slap tariffs on them. He did not promise no one would leave anyway you stupid fucking moron. You idiot's ridiculous crap is just tired. You can't veto an election, dumb ass

Trump could .... cave completely, and offer Rexnord bribes with taxpayer money.

You know, what he usually does in such negotiations.

I mean, really?

When dealing with an open wound as the one he is dealing with it takes a while. You won't see a real effect for at least 6 months. Then, the economy should start doing much better. The dems are going to do everything they can to torpedo his moves, but in the long run he'll win. And then your head will explode again.

Yes, he promised to slap tariffs on them. He did not promise no one would leave anyway you stupid fucking moron. You idiot's ridiculous crap is just tired. You can't veto an election, dumb ass

Boy, you must have gotten up on the wrong side of the cage this morning. No one is trying to veto an election what kind of idiocy are you pushing?

Forum List

Back