Trump ended a 200 million early pandemic warning system

Further evidence of Trump’s incompetence but I’m sure it won’t change the absolute denial of his supporters.

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

“The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.”

Lies. President Trump has been on top of this while Democrats screwed around and denied it was happening. See my signature fool.

It seems that being proactive might have assisted the world in mitigating this world-wide pandemic.

The virus broke out just about the time the program ended, seems their predictive powers weren't that good.

From the link:

"Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat."

Even though for a while now I've thought of Trump as the most anti-science president we've had in my memory, I preferred to give him the benefit of doubt and didn't want to rely on any after-the-fact woulda/coulda/shoulda article. Articles from last fall found through use of Google's time filter however balances my opinion towards agreement with the OP.

1585937005948.png

It seems that being proactive might have assisted the world in mitigating this world-wide pandemic.

The virus broke out just about the time the program ended, seems their predictive powers weren't that good.

From the link:

"Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat."

LMAO, China was getting cases as early as mid Sep to mid Nov. Wide spread was occurring in late Nov, they tried to hide it all the while allowing their citizens to travel the world over. Like I said, so much for predictive powers.

Trump formed the coronavirus task force over FIVE WEEKS before the WHO declared it a pandemic.

Tell us more about his incompetence, moron.
Uh what? Lol good god

Is your Google broken? Look at the dates, genius:

trumptaskforce.png

whopandemic.png

Sorry to blow your narrative right out of the fucking solar system. Better luck next time.

Trump formed the coronavirus task force over FIVE WEEKS before the WHO declared it a pandemic.

Sure:

The testing debacle.

Sending sick and healthy patients home from China on the same flight.

His constant downplaying of it's severity.

Disbanding the pandemic task force.

The list goes on and on, shall I continue?

Further evidence of Trump’s incompetence but I’m sure it won’t change the absolute denial of his supporters.

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

“The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.”
t
Arent you dems refusing to allow meds in your states that save lives?

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

Sorry to blow your narrative right out of the fucking solar system. Better luck next time.
Lol what did this “task force” even do? Why did he shut the 200 million program in the first place? How was it even remotely useful if the US now leads the world in cases? Trump downplayed this bullshit for a month of precious time. He said the virus would miraculously disappear and your dumbass believed him. He even told people to go to his rallies insisting it was safe.

You’re pitiful, you know that?

Sure:

The testing debacle.

Tell me something - do the 300+ million other people in this country bear any responsibility for anything at all? Or is Trump supposed to micro-manage every single fucking industry in this nation? Do tell.

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

Lol what did this “task force” even do? Why did he shut the 200 million program in the first place? How was it even remotely useful if the US now leads the world in cases? Trump downplayed this bullshit for a month of precious time. He said the virus would miraculously disappear and your dumbass believed him. He even told people to go to his rallies insisting it was safe.

That's right. Caught in a lie, now move the goalposts. Typical leftist.

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

So what did this task force do? You haven’t explained that. I mean if they did anything of value the virus wouldn’t be in the US as the top epicenter.

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

So what did this task force do? You haven’t explained that. I mean if they did anything of value the virus wouldn’t be in the US as the top epicenter.

We're the 3rd most populous nation on the planet you fucking retard. Do the math.

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

We're the 3rd most populous nation on the planet you fucking retard. Do the math.
Uh yeah and we surpassed the top 2 including the one that started with the virus itself. Christ if Obama was president right now and said and did everything Trump has, you would be throwing a complete tantrum about it. Because it’s Trump, you pathetically try to defend all of his horrible decisions.

Uh what? Lol good god

View attachment 318781

View attachment 318782

Uh yeah and we surpassed the top 2 including the one that started with the virus itself. Christ if Obama was president right now and said and did everything Trump has, you would be throwing a complete tantrum about it. Because it’s Trump, you pathetically try to defend all of his horrible decisions.

Says the guy who believes the numbers reported by a communist regime. Too funny.

Sure:

The testing debacle.

Tell me something - do the 300+ million other people in this country bear any responsibility for anything at all? Or is Trump supposed to micro-manage every single fucking industry in this nation? Do tell.
That's it, keep making excuses. Find someone to blame! It can't possibly be tRump's fault!

Forum List

Back