Trump could've said

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Trump could have said he'd cut personal income taxes to zero, and then he'd have won the popular vote too. What message does that send?

I know what it tells me ..... that most Americans are idiots that don't care any more about our mounting debt than anybody in Congress does, even though they blabber about it all the time.

Candidates can say all kinds of shit to get votes, and then they'll get the votes, but it doesn't mean that all the shit those candidates propose should be enacted.

Here we are with $21 trillion in debt, and what do we have? Republicans jacking up spending on the military, much of which is wasted on its giant bureaucracy and weapons that don't work (and even if they did, we don't need them), and cutting taxes on the rich, while supporting the construction of a worthless wall that won't accomplish jack.

Then there's the flipside ..... proposals for free college for everyone, and expanded Medicare/SS.

Neither side saying much about how to pay for all this shit, let alone balance the budget let alone pay down the debt.

Trump saying he'd build a wall and stop illegal immigration and then being elected just doesn't mean shit to me, it tells me that the priorities of voters are all fucked up. On a list of ten problems the USA has, I'd rank illegal immigration TENTH.

Trump could have said he'd cut personal income taxes to zero, and then he'd have won the popular vote too. What message does that send?

I know what it tells me ..... that most Americans are idiots that don't care any more about our mounting debt than anybody in Congress does, even though they blabber about it all the time.

Candidates can say all kinds of shit to get votes, and then they'll get the votes, but it doesn't mean that all the shit those candidates propose should be enacted.

Here we are with $21 trillion in debt, and what do we have? Republicans jacking up spending on the military, much of which is wasted on its giant bureaucracy and weapons that don't work (and even if they did, we don't need them), and cutting taxes on the rich, while supporting the construction of a worthless wall that won't accomplish jack.

Then there's the flipside ..... proposals for free college for everyone, and expanded Medicare/SS.

Neither side saying much about how to pay for all this shit, let alone balance the budget let alone pay down the debt.

Trump saying he'd build a wall and stop illegal immigration and then being elected just doesn't mean shit to me, it tells me that the priorities of voters are all fucked up. On a list of ten problems the USA has, I'd rank illegal immigration TENTH.

Those damned voters, always voting against their own interests. :auiqs.jpg:

Apparently, the voters disagree with your ranking of priorities. I myself rank Democrats first, with illegal immigration a close second.

Apparently, the voters disagree with your ranking of priorities. I myself rank Democrats first, with illegal immigration a close second.
Used to be a guy that bet on ball games that I knew ONLY time I made money was betting against him YOU remind me of him Billy

You do know that half of the $21 trillion in debt was Obama's, right?

So what you're saying is 10.5 trillion in 8 years vs 10.5 in less than two? I then have to say obama didn't do too bad.

Lower income workers don't pay Income taxes already. They get money back via tax credits as well.

Did someone forget to remind the op of that...................or does he have selective memory or facts. LOL

A Closer Look At Those Who Pay No Income Or Payroll Taxes

The Tax Policy Center has updated its estimate of the percentage of Americans who pay no federal individual income taxes. And the number is: 44 percent—roughly what it was last year but well below the 50 percent peak during the Great Recession. TPC projects the fraction will decline slowly to 40 percent a decade from now.

Of course, nearly all of those who pay no federal income tax do pay other taxes: sales taxes, excise taxes, and property taxes, for example. As I’ve previously pointed out, a majority of those non-payers work and thus also pay the payroll taxes that help support Social Security and Medicare. Some readers counter that, for many, payroll taxes are more than offset by refundable credits, such as the earned income tax credit (EITC) or the child tax credit (CTC). How many workers get more in refundable credits than they owe in payroll taxes?

TPC estimates that about one-third of workers who pay no federal income tax get net refundable credits that fully cover their payroll taxes, including their employer’s share.

Used to be a guy that bet on ball games that I knew ONLY time I made money was betting against him YOU remind me of him Billy

I only bet on sure things.

So what you're saying is 10.5 trillion in 8 years vs 10.5 in less than two? I then have to say obama didn't do too bad.

You must have slept through Math 101. The national debt was only $10 trillion or so when GW left the White House....

U.S. National Debt Clock 2008

It took all previous Presidents in the history of our country combined to run it up to that $10 trillion dollars when GW left office. Obama effectively doubled it by running it up to $19 trillion or so. Now it stands at $21 trillion...

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You must have slept through Math 101. The national debt was only $10 trillion or so when GW left the White House....

It took all previous Presidents in the history of our country combined to run it up to that $10 trillion dollars when GW left office. Obama effectively doubled it by running it up to $19 trillion or so. Now it stands at $21 trillion...

You see the problem here? You didn't as always give me much to work with you posted "you do know that half of the $21 trilliion in debt was obams's, right?" Come on cheese head if you're going to come back later with links to what you really meant why not start with them?

You see the problem here? You didn't as always give me much to work with you posted "you do know that half of the $21 trilliion in debt was obams's, right?" Come on cheese head if you're going to come back later with links to what you really meant why not start with them?

Just walk away from your fallacious liberal mis-conceived notions and superstitious, and agree with me. You know deep down in your heart that I'm right and no amount of shucking and jiving is going to change anything. Obama effectively doubled the national debt in only 8 years. The national debt that took all preceding Presidents 250 years to accumulate.

Another why can't you stupid Trump voters understand voting for Trump was a catastrophic mistake thread :aargh::102::aargh: I love these :auiqs.jpg: That's right libs don't try to win voters with your policies, instead just tell voters how much you hate Trump.

Another why can't you stupid Trump voters understand voting for Trump was a catastrophic mistake thread :aargh::102::aargh: I love these :auiqs.jpg: That's right libs don't try to win voters with your policies, instead just tell voters how much you hate Trump.

That's all they have to run on right now: "We hate Trump."

Other than that, they have no solutions, no plans, no leaders, no nothing.

Did you know that on!h 1 president ever tripled the national debt while in office? Do you know who that might be?

Did you know that on!h 1 president ever tripled the national debt while in office? Do you know who that might be?

Obviously Obama.

Trump added $10.5 trillion to the debt? In what universe?

Obviously Obama.

I am sure this will surprise you but not even close! Do ewe wish to try again?

I only bet on sure things.
Then I would bet on a red landslide in about four months.

Obviously Obama.

I am sure this will surprise you but not even close! Do ewe wish to try again?

I know what you're trying to say, it was GW. But a $5 trillion increase is a hell of a lot less that a $10 trillion increase. Remember, there was that 9/11 thing, the Global War on terror, and stuff.

We got a strong military thanks to GW's increase in the national debt. What did we get from Obama's, besides a shitload of money being funneled to his supporters?

Barry Hussein increased the "mounting debit" and we got nothing for it except a stagnant economy. President Trump has only been in office for about a year and a half and the DOW hovers in record territory almost every day. The only time lefties care about the "mounting debit" is during republican administrations.

Forum List

Back