Trump commutes Rod Blagojevich prison sentence. He gets to go home

This is Trump's idea of "draining the swamp":

WASHINGTON — President Trump has commuted the 14-year prison sentence of former Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois, the Democrat who was convicted of trying to essentially sell President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat for personal gain, according to a person briefed on the decision.

Trump commutes former Illinois Gov. Blagojevich's sentence
I don't get it. Why would a turd like Trump, commute the sentence of the turd, Blagojevich? Is he selling pardons now, like the Governor of Tennessee back in the 70s?
You DON'T get it because YOU are a brainwashed, liberal lunatic TURD. Thank you.

Pay for play is a very serious crime. People in Fed prisons are expected to do 85% of their time. Bad move to give a free pass to the dirty politician.

Rod Blagojevich: Ex-Illinois governor to get prison break from Trump
There’s no more illusions that Trump cares at all about Law and Order... right?
The guy was sent to prison. What are you babbling about?
I’m Babbling about the same thing your OP was babbling about... bad move to give a free pass

WASHINGTON — President Trump has commuted the 14-year prison sentence of former Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois, the Democrat who was convicted of trying to essentially sell President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat for personal gain, according to a person briefed on the decision.

Give Trump an inch and he'll take a mile. This will not end.

Perhaps.

OTH, there might be more to that story than the public knows.

Politics is a rough game, and it is apparent to me that the justice system in this nation has become highly politicized and corrupt.

Just the fact that Blagojevich is a Democrat, and Trump is a Republican, makes me think that perhaps there is a lot more to this story than the general public will ever know.

". . .Prosecutors have balked at the notion long promoted by Blagojevich that he engaged in common political horse-trading and was a victim of an overzealous U.S. attorney, Patrick Fitzgerald. After Blagojevich's arrest, Fitzgerald said the governor had gone on "a political corruption crime spree" that would make Abraham Lincoln turn over in his grave.

Mueller — a subject of Trump's derision — was FBI director during the investigation into Blagojevich. Fitzgerald is now a private attorney for another former FBI director, James Comey, whom Trump dismissed from the agency in May 2017.. . . "

I have read some truly wicked and sleazy shit on Mueller. . . he's an establishment goon. This is probably a case of organized crime has different interests than the war criminals at the CFR, Atlantic Council and the like. I will NOT be convinced that one is better than the other. They pretty much like to choose who Americans get to select as their leaders, and when someone who represents the wrong stake holders gets too powerful, the folks in charge of the judges and lawyers generally apply the law unevenly. This is what all the bickering in D.C. is about today.

Blagojevich was a corrupt Democrat. You stupid immoral Moon Bats love corrupt Democrats. Rejoice. Trump is your buddy.

He's wise guy, just like Trump.

To the family? There are no parties, just folks that owe you favors.

I don't get it. Why would a turd like Trump, commute the sentence of the turd, Blagojevich? Is he selling pardons now, like the Governor of Tennessee back in the 70s?
You DON'T get it because YOU are a brainwashed, liberal lunatic TURD. Thank you.
Neither liberal, nor brainwashed. I'm kind of hard on white collar crime, especially by the the politically connected. I am surprised for the right wing support of this move. The republicans used to want to be know as the law and order party. What changed? Don't you guy stand for anything at all, anymore?

Ok, when I heard this, I thought, what the...
So, I went looking. Did anyone realize that 5 of the counts against him, including selling of his seat were overturned? And his sentence was not reduced. He had now served 8 of his 14 yr sentence, and was supposed to be released in another 4.
So I don’t know what to think.

Last edited:

Give Trump an inch and he'll take a mile. This will not end.

Perhaps.

OTH, there might be more to that story than the public knows.

Politics is a rough game, and it is apparent to me that the justice system in this nation has become highly politicized and corrupt.

Just the fact that Blagojevich is a Democrat, and Trump is a Republican, makes me think that perhaps there is a lot more to this story than the general public will ever know.

". . .Prosecutors have balked at the notion long promoted by Blagojevich that he engaged in common political horse-trading and was a victim of an overzealous U.S. attorney, Patrick Fitzgerald. After Blagojevich's arrest, Fitzgerald said the governor had gone on "a political corruption crime spree" that would make Abraham Lincoln turn over in his grave.

Mueller — a subject of Trump's derision — was FBI director during the investigation into Blagojevich. Fitzgerald is now a private attorney for another former FBI director, James Comey, whom Trump dismissed from the agency in May 2017.. . . "

I have read some truly wicked and sleazy shit on Mueller. . . he's an establishment goon. This is probably a case of organized crime has different interests than the war criminals at the CFR, Atlantic Council and the like. I will NOT be convinced that one is better than the other. They pretty much like to choose who Americans get to select as their leaders, and when someone who represents the wrong stake holders gets too powerful, the folks in charge of the judges and lawyers generally apply the law unevenly. This is what all the bickering in D.C. is about today.
His conviction for trying to sell his seat was actually overturned on appeal. I just found that.

Lets not forget all of the record of calls between Blagovevich and Obama while he was trying to sell the seat....don't tell me Obama had nothing to do with it....
Obama had nothing to do with it.

Gonna cry?
Obama made sure he wasn't tied in with it.
Blago was locked up to protect Osama Obama.

No, the governor was locked up by the Federal Justice Administration under President Obama to PROTECT the American people, like the children's hospital, and other people in Illinois he was trying to shake down. Selling Obama's Senate seat wasn't the only "pay for play" extortion attempt by this politician.

Pay for play is a very serious crime. People in Fed prisons are expected to do 85% of their time. Bad move to give a free pass to the dirty politician.

Trump needed to make room for Barack

why are conservatives

1. soft on crime when it comes to republicans
2. so eager to throw a man into prison who hasn't committed any crimes?

frank....why do you want to put people in prison just because you disagree with their politics?

that isn't what crusaders do....

it's what fascist nazis do.

Ok, when I heard this, I thought, what the...
So, I went looking. Did anyone realize that 5 of the counts against him, including selling of his seat were overturned? And his sentence was not reduced. He had now served 8 of his 14 yr sentence.
So I don’t know what to think.

I think that is the intent.

We are not supposed to know what to think.

They are supposed to TELL US what to think. The lawyers, the judges, and the corporate media will tell you all what to think, and how to feel.

. . . . as if any of us really have all the facts in the case and can make an accurate judgement in comparison to every other crooked politician out there.

From all the crooked shit WE KNOW that Hillary and her staff were up to? And this guy is in jail? :1041:

Sorry. . . . I'm going to have to say. . . you don't have me convinced that this isn't a case of what you did. . . but who you know, and how much you spent to fix it.

Trump needed to make room for Barack

why are conservatives

1. soft on crime when it comes to republicans
2. so eager to throw a man into prison who hasn't committed any crimes?

frank....why do you want to put people in prison just because you disagree with their politics?

that isn't what crusaders do....

it's what fascist nazis do.

Barack turned the FBI into his Secret Police, that's a line that should NEVER have been crossed

someone suggested that they heard that Hair trump is planning to release all conservatives and republicans, give murderers a chance at freedom IF they promise to ONLY KILL HIS enemies, and fill the prisons with liberals and democrats, atheists and muslims, feminists and homosexuals!

after that he plans on releasing liberals into the wild every month so conservatives can hunt them down.....

liberal-hunting-permit-small.jpg

The kind of things fascist nazis would do

Lets not forget all of the record of calls between Blagovevich and Obama while he was trying to sell the seat....don't tell me Obama had nothing to do with it....
Obama had nothing to do with it.

Gonna cry?
Obama made sure he wasn't tied in with it.
Blago was locked up to protect Osama Obama.

No, the governor was locked up by the Federal Justice Administration under President Obama to PROTECT the American people, like the children's hospital, and other people in Illinois he was trying to shake down. Selling Obama's Senate seat wasn't the only "pay for play" extortion attempt by this politician.
You really believe Obama would let that dummy sell his seat and not have any input and reap no dollars from the sale?....you are a blind one aren't you?...

someone suggested that they heard that Hair trump is planning to release all conservatives and republicans, give murderers a chance at freedom IF they promise to ONLY KILL HIS enemies, and fill the prisons with liberals and democrats, atheists and muslims, feminists and homosexuals!

after that he plans on releasing liberals into the wild every month so conservatives can hunt them down.....

View attachment 307442

Open the border to licensed hinting. Solve the invasion problem with no wall.

View attachment 307442

You are REALLY dumb. Please smarten up before posting again. Thank you.

Forum List

Back